PDA

View Full Version : Mundy

pick6
12-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I think Mundy will be a good replacement for when Clark is done with the game. No need for draft pick. In the last few games I have seen him in position and he has batted a few down in crirical situations. Against the pasts 2 TE set Im thinking he might be better against Gronkowski for 2 reasons. He is bigger and can tackle/bang in the trenches and he seems to be a little smarter and is less suspect against the play action. I know he lacks experience but Im just thinking about it. If Lewis doesn't pan out at corner then he might compete as well.

Crash
12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I think Troy will be eventually will be Clark's replacement. Troy as a FS can be the ball hawk we haven't had since Darren Perry.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I think Troy will be eventually will be Clark's replacement. Troy as a FS can be the ball hawk we haven't had since Darren Perry.

Like the idea. Draft a stud SS.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I think the "wise" move to extend Troy's career would be to move him to FS at some point. Let him use his instincts in the passing game and take him out of the box.

Mundy does look more comfortable with the snaps. He has some pretty good coverage skills but I would like him to be more decisive in run support. That could be the only place he needs to improve. He needs to commit and learn how to break down in space after he commits to the LOS. He is playing more "last line of defense" and giving up 2-4 more yards than he should. A confidence issue but that is really what seperates the good from the great. Troy commits and makes the play at the LB level if he is deep or at or behind the LOS if he is in the box at SS. Clark commits from his FS spot and makes the play at LB level. If Mundy can get there...He will be solid. There is no "second level" in a DL defense and that is what seperates the great run defense teams from the rest of the pack. If Mundy can commit to being the #6 LB in run support...He will be an asset to have in reserve.

Djfan
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Troy in the backfield, Timmons in the flats. Nice protection package!

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM

In addition to his unmistakable athleticism, Troy's effectiveness in this defense stems from his freedom to make plays all over the field based on his extraordinary instinctive football sense. That ability gets neutered to a certain extent if he has to stay back all the time to be the last line of defense.

birtikidis
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Maybe DLB's strategy has been to transition from a Troy based defense to a Timmons based defense so they can move him to FS. I coulda swore i heard this somewhere before...

fezziwig
12-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I do recall hearing that Timmons was getting or taking over the responsibilities that Troy used to take charge of.

OchoUno
12-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Since Gary Jones or Anthony Smith.