PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

pick6
12-26-2010, 03:24 PM
The love affair with the Patriots by the refs and announcers is takimg alot out of the game. Blatant helmet to helmet, leading with the helmet by Mayo alot, and we would be called for this stuff and less. Then a face mask not called. Then the announcers, their ohhhhing and aahhhhhing about every little thing the cheats do.

And whoever wanted us to get paul posluzny (sp?), seriously, first round. Guy is average at best.

Iron Shiek
12-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah..Stevie Johnson was clearlly defenseless and it seemed helmet to helmet, and even if it wasn't, a forearm to the head or whatever, still far more aggregious than what Clark did and got flagged for.

The announcers didn't appear to say anything, but I'm watching DirecTV red zone channel and Siciliano brought it up right away.

I'm so infuriated by these totally inconsistent rulings. I can't stand this crap.

Steelgal
12-26-2010, 03:41 PM
That's why I won't watch the Pats, unless they play the Steelers. It's too darn frustrating to see/hear the lovefest for them. It was the same for the Colts for several years.

pick6
12-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Verbal fellatio. Your right I cant watch/listen to this any more. Since Ive become completely obsessed with finding the weaknesses of the cheats I try to watch sometimes.

feltdizz
12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
if they don't talk about it did it really happen? This is how I feel when I watch other games and see blatant H2H calls that are missed or glossed over.

It almost feels like the announcers have cattle prods on their chairs and they turn them on if they talk about certain plays or missed penalties.

pittpete
12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Its all games, the officiating is all around abysmal

ikestops85
12-27-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the officials are just as confused as the players on what to call. I generally am not one to get on the officials because I truly believe they do the best they can even when they blow a call. The inconsistent calls this year are so blatant that even my wife can point then out.

Funny story. My wife and I were watching the Red Zone yesterday and I think they were showing the Lions-Dolphins game. I don't remember who had the ball but it was a pass play and the QB was hit border line late. No call was made but my wife blurts out "If that was Brady they would have thrown a flag". I love that women. :D

MaxAMillion
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
They have been blowing out almost every team they play. That is one of the reason they get so much praise. Is there another team in the league who has as many blowout wins? Plus they have the best record in the league. Who should get a ton of praise if not the Pats? Would you prefer everyone continue to talk about how great the Jets are as a team?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Watched the Ravens WR hand battle the Browns DB's all day yesterday. Then, down 20-10 a Brown WR, Robiskie I think, catches a long pass putting them in deep Raven territory. Called back because Robiskie touched a Raven DB's back. There were also quite a few blatant holds on teh Browns LB's that allowed Flacco to escape the pocket and scramble a few times. Officiating sucks. They need full timers and Goodell needs to get canned so we can get back to real american football. At this point NCAA football doesn't make half these lame calls on hard hits, etc.

Crash
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Watched the Ravens WR hand battle the Browns DB's all day yesterday. Then, down 20-10 a Brown WR, Robiskie I think, catches a long pass putting them in deep Raven territory. Called back because Robiskie touched a Raven DB's back. There were also quite a few blatant holds on teh Browns LB's that allowed Flacco to escape the pocket and scramble a few times. Officiating sucks. They need full timers and Goodell needs to get canned so we can get back to real american football. At this point NCAA football doesn't make half these lame calls on hard hits, etc.

That game was a joke. Oher holds all day and like you said, Robiskie gets flagged for doing what Mason and Shoe Bomber did all day.

The Browns will get the calls Sunday. Goodell's agenda is clear.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-27-2010, 06:21 PM

agreed.

this game worries the piss out of me.

Crash
12-27-2010, 06:26 PM

agreed.

this game worries the piss out of me.

I'll be honest. A bye would be nice for health? But IMO if we have to play the Pats I'd rather play them after we have a playoff win and they hadn't played in two weeks. I also think we play better on the road.

We've had 10 days off, rest shouldn't be an issue.