PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping Norv gets fired

Djfan
12-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I really like this guy for OC. I hope we get him.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Ben's in love with BA. Ain't happening.

Oviedo
12-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Turner will keep his job. He has like the #2 offense and #1 defense in the league plus his team all but made the play offs by stomping the 49ers last night.

He is also the low maintenance, low demand type of coach that the San Diego GM wants to have.

proudpittsburgher
12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
I would like to think that Ben's knows that his opinion on the matter weighs a little less than it did before he acted like a fratboy and drug the Steelers name through the mud. Will he be upset? I'm sure he will, but he will understand.

I am not sold on the fact that Ben absolutely LOVES BA, rather he wants to try and avoid situations like Alex Smith and Jason Campbell are in, a revolving door at OC. It's oen of those situations where he knows there are limitations on BA's offense, btu he knows what they are, and at least they are consistant, and Ben can work with that. Keep bringiing in new guys, and that goes out the window . . . learn new terminology, new concepts, new ideas that are not familiar to you, and it makes it a lot harder to freelance as Ben does. When you know the weakenesses in an offense, it is a lot easier to avoid them.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Turner will keep his job. He has like the #2 offense and #1 defense in the league plus his team all but made the play offs by stomping the 49ers last night.

He is also the low maintenance, low demand type of coach that the San Diego GM wants to have.

K.C. is still a game better than them in the loss column. As long as Cassel's appendectomy scar allows him to play, I think they could go into St. Louis this weekend and win, then hold serve in the final two weeks at home in front of the Arrowhead crazies against Tennessee and Oakland. If Brodie Croyle has to play, though, then, yes, it appears that San Diego all but made the playoffs, since they should not have much of an issue winning in Cincy and Denver, I would think.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I think Ben will love Randy Fichtner next season once he takes over as OC. He'll know what to do with a franchise QB and all the awesome young WR and the other skill guys we have on offense.

steelblood
12-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I think Ben will love Randy Fichtner next season once he takes over as OC. He'll know what to do with a franchise QB and all the awesome young WR and the other skill guys we have on offense.

That dude looks like such a hillbilly. I want to call him Jim Bob.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2010, 11:05 AM

That dude looks like such a hillbilly. I want to call him Jim Bob.

Nerd!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/75387145.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5FF95EE5F36EFB3C1 C66E39DC8BD6CD11389460B3D9F9D39C

Grow goatee.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81966483.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548EBF447860A701790 92D45502BAECEA195CCEE431C37C7291E30A760B0D811297

Lose the glasses.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/89747216.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D03437D4264755FAAD FEDB1A2FDEC85695FECF4306109B81A5E30A760B0D811297

Hillbilly!

:lol:

Mister Pittsburgh
12-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah. I love it. Dude is straight Pittsburgh if you ask me. Throw a flannel on him. I think I sat by him at Dell's one night last week lol. :tt1

Would you rather look at Norv who looks like he played goalie for the dart team?

Arians looks like he is under witness protection. He shaved the goatee, has sunglasses on and pulls his hat way down.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Yeah. I love it. Dude is straight Pittsburgh if you ask me. Throw a flannel on him. I think I sat by him at Dell's one night last week lol. :tt1

Would you rather look at Norv who looks like he played goalie for the dart team?

Arians looks like he is under witness protection. He shaved the goatee, has sunglasses on and pulls his hat way down.

Norv in HD is frightening. :lol:

Mister Pittsburgh
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, you guys want to check him out on your 3D TV's LOL!!!

Crash
12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
:D

flippy
12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I think I'd rather see Tom Brady go on IR than Norv losing his job.

costanza2k1
12-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Ben may not be in love with BA but I would imagine he's in love with being able to script his first 15-20 plays and then the freedom to audible out of or into crap plays...remember he gets to pick the plays he's comfortable with every week. Something to think about I guess....maybe Ben has too much input.

hksteeler
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM

:Cheers

costanza2k1
12-17-2010, 12:09 PM

We will collectively like this guy until we lose a game or two. History proves that. Steelers fans always hate/dislike their OC and love the DC. We're talking decades of hate.

Djfan
12-17-2010, 04:01 PM

We will collectively like this guy until we lose a game or two. History proves that. Steelers fans always hate/dislike their OC and love the DC. We're talking decades of hate.

Truthfully Costanza, I never heard this until this year on this site. I have had no adverse reactions to previous OCs. I guess others have. I don't live anywhere near the Burgh, so I haven't been a part of the historical hate.

I just think BA has no creativity at all. I honestly feel that most of us here could do a better job.

feltdizz
12-17-2010, 04:09 PM

Truthfully Costanza, I never heard this until this year on this site. I have had no adverse reactions to previous OCs. I guess others have. I don't live anywhere near the Burgh, so I haven't been a part of the historical hate.

I just think BA has no creativity at all. I honestly feel that most of us here could do a better job.

... and yet, most of us have jobs unrelated to football.

I think a large part of the hate is due to the way Whiz left and Arians being the Browns OC.

The OC hate is annoying because it clouds the memory of what actually happened in the game.

I have read several post where Crash and Pappy have provided actual proof of plays fans insisted we didn't run.

Djfan
12-17-2010, 04:18 PM

... and yet, most of us have jobs unrelated to football.

I think a large part of the hate is due to the way Whiz left and Arians being the Browns OC.

The OC hate is annoying because it clouds the memory of what actually happened in the game.

I have read several post where Crash and Pappy have provided actual proof of plays fans insisted we didn't run.

I have given Crash credit for this just today. I have seen it. To me it's not just stat solved.

It was pointed out that we ran 18 short pass plays this last game. Fine, but were they disguised at all? He rarely does that. It is a HUGE part of the NFL today. Also, we run more. Fine, but the vast majority of them are called RUTM. How about mising that up a bit. A FB? Off tackle? A hand off to that FB, or a misdirection with him? A lateral to a TE or the RB? He's too predicatble, which allows other defenses to commit to the right defense.

Something. I just don't see the adjustments to exploit the other team's weaknesses or to play to our strengths.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2010, 05:01 PM

Not always...in the early 2000's, I think Tim Lewis got more hate as D.C. than Mike Mularkey got as the O.C.

For me, as Steeler O.C.'s go, Ray Sherman, Kevin Gilbride, and Joe Walton were worse than Arians, while Chan Gailey, Ken Whisenhunt, and Mike Mularkey were better. Arians is mediocre among his Steeler O.C. brethren of recent years...not the best and not the worst either.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Not always...in the early 2000's, I think Tim Lewis got more hate as D.C. than Mike Mularkey got as the O.C.

For me, as Steeler O.C.'s go, Ray Sherman, Kevin Gilbride, and Joe Walton were worse than Arians, while Chan Gailey, Ken Whisenhunt, and Mike Mularkey were better. Arians is mediocre among his Steeler O.C. brethren of recent years...not the best and not the worst either.

Why can't we aspire to something better than mediocre?