PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 Week 14 – Bengals

redundantman
12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
1. If the Steelers had any sense of showmanship at all they would have hired a midget, put him in a cowboy suit, replaced his revolvers with squeeges and sent him out on the field between snaps to clean Ben’s visor.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaz48n_aEEcelP-6LqX2fb2Eqw_MQIjFjUbGu65OLstfchrHNR
Yeah I know, this was also my solution to the conflict in the Middle East wasn’t it? …

2. Again I find myself watching these games and not only noticing the number of times Ben gets hit in the head without drawing a flag (which is sad in and of itself) but actually beginning to be bothered by it. Getting smacked around used to be part of the game.

3. Silly Adrian Peterson is silly.

[youtube:3vs82uin]QYFmbWzIsxo[/youtube:3vs82uin]

4. Speaking of which: the Metrodome:

[youtube:3vs82uin]IxuxNLf87_Y[/youtube:3vs82uin]

So they built a domed stadium in Minnesota that failed to account for possible snowfall? That’s almost as unbelievable as the Texans building a retractable roof stadium that couldn’t stand up to a hurricane.

5. Yes, I believe the 2010 Steelers have found themselves. If the Steelers continue to win it will be along the lines of what we saw today: low scoring and expecting their defense to deliver some points.

6. I find it alarming that the Steelers offensive strategy seems to be solidifying into an approach that calls for slow methodical drives resulting in field goals.

7. I find this alarming because the Steelers seem to commit an offensive penalty every 5 plays or so. That would mean that the Steelers would have to overcome three holding calls (and the occasionally illegal formation call) in any given drive and still only get three points off of it.

8. There were some impressive catches in this game: Randle El’s one-handed grab over the middle, Ward had to get some ups to snag that second half pass, and Ben had to use all of his height to pull down that high-snap from Pouncey.

9. Ben might be a drama-queen. But he is the toughest drama-queen I know.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRflKIGH2s4DuXcVGtXfAGvXQBscAcxJ Rk1F4z60ltHuR_SOPUtsA
What a drama queen might look like.

10. Early in the third quarter #31 for the Bengals rushes Ben as the Steelers are deep in the red zone … Ben throws the ball, #31 takes at least two full steps before hitting him. No flag.

11. It seems like every time they show the stands there is at least one dork messing with his cell phone. For the love of God gentlemen put away your phone and watch the game.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVOEMlhr85kx4x8Ym-d7INgjj1jZ5ppz3pY6KIgYu1N6ic4OH6

12. At one point in the second half the Steelers were faced with a 2nd and 30 situation. That became 3rd and 1 and then 1st and 10. Don’t you wish the Steelers could play the Bengals every week?

13. I hope the Cincinnati media doesn’t give Palmer too hard of a time about the interceptions. After all, his own receivers kept dropping his passes. Woodley and Polamalu just had Carson’s best interests at heart.

14. Am I the only one that desperately hopes the Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to another contract extension?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVnhHxxei347rVveP7pJCrGNkemmQwP d6PAF3quSRK2dZx_f8q

15. Speaking of Polamalu … I wonder what the heck he was thinking when he ran that last pick out of the endzone. Then I wondered again when he attempted the sloppiest lateral in the history of the NFL … actually I know what he was thinking: this is the Bengals, what could possibly go wrong?

16. Perspective: I find myself believing in this team. Despite its injuries, despite its flaws I see heart and effort. I’ve been hard on the Steelers so far this year and demanded that they prove themselves to me before I dare believe in them. Well this game tears it for me. Last year the Steelers were swept by the Bengals. The freaking Bengals. However this year has been different. This year when a play was needed a play was made. This year the Steelers playoff scenario doesn’t start with the phrase “Well the Steelers have to win out.” This year the Steelers are 10-3 and I would be a fool not to enjoy every moment of the rest of this year. Let the unbridled homering begin!

17. Seeing as Owens will move on to the next team dumb enough to sign him next year (I'm looking at you Arizona) I might as well take one final parting shot at the dynamic duo right?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnqGCFTY4SN2Bi2M_W_GA8Mq54n5G3_ Lf2l4HbxU7-TrBqY79s_g
R. I. P. Bengals Season

Chachi
12-13-2010, 10:02 AM
This year the Steelers playoff scenario doesn’t start with the phrase “Well the Steelers have to win out.” This year the Steelers are 10-3 and I would be a fool not to enjoy every moment of the rest of this year. Let the unbridled homering begin!

Best case scenario.....we win the next 2, the Rats lose one of their next 3(still have to play tonight), first round bye is secured with one week left giving Ben 2 weeks off.

Ghost
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
2. Again I find myself watching these games and not only noticing the number of times Ben gets hit in the head without drawing a flag (which is sad in and of itself) but actually beginning to be bothered by it. Getting smacked around used to be part of the game

Just call it consistently. If those are the new rules, even if it is incidental, then it needs to be called. The Steelers never get the benefit of the doubt and 2 weeks in a row Ben has been blatantly smacked in the head.

5. Yes, I believe the 2010 Steelers have found themselves. If the Steelers continue to win it will be along the lines of what we saw today: low scoring and expecting their defense to deliver some points.

The Steelers cannot win it all playing offense the way they have the last 3 weeks. Please see the Pat's game where the D did not keep it a low scoring affair.

10. Early in the third quarter #31 for the Bengals rushes Ben as the Steelers are deep in the red zone … Ben throws the ball, #31 takes at least two full steps before hitting him. No flag.

I wondered if I was the only one who thought he took a lot of extra steps to get that hit in. Again, guaranteed that's 15 yards if it's a Steelers linebacker or DB. No consistency in the ref's calls.

ramblinjim
12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks Redundant man! I always look forward to your posts.

Let's get that first round bye locked up quickly so we can let a couple of these guys get some time to heal.

redundantman
12-13-2010, 07:36 PM
This year the Steelers playoff scenario doesn’t start with the phrase “Well the Steelers have to win out.” This year the Steelers are 10-3 and I would be a fool not to enjoy every moment of the rest of this year. Let the unbridled homering begin!

Best case scenario.....we win the next 2, the Rats lose one of their next 3(still have to play tonight), first round bye is secured with one week left giving Ben 2 weeks off.

I guess you haven't heard that ESPN has already decided to give the super bowl trophy to Tom Brady because he is awesome. Not the Patriots mind you, just Tom Brady. tom Brad gets his own Lombardi.