PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Butler Heir Apparent?

NorthCoast
12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
It is widely believed that when Dick LeBeau decides to move on with the rest of his life's work Kevin Butler will take over.
I have been wondering lately whether it is possible LeBeau may be secretly letting Butler calls some games and/or plays as a grooming process? The defensive schemes just seem a little different at times this season but it is so difficult to tell if it maybe it is a personnel thing rather than coaching. It seems to me it would make good sense that you give Butler a chance either during a game or for a whole game to make his own calls to see how he handles things. My guess is that this would be kept very quiet and maybe even only between LeBeau and Butler, maybe even the players don't know. The calls themselves may even come through LeBeau but they may be Butler's, who knows? Just something interesting to ponder....

Oviedo
12-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I would think that if anything Butler may be taking a bigger role in gameplanning if LeBeau is really planning to step down. I really doubt that they would turn over in game playcalling to Butler to give him experience.

Flasteel
12-12-2010, 11:40 AM
It is widely believed that when bad word LeBeau decides to move on with the rest of his life's work Kevin Butler will take over.
I have been wondering lately whether it is possible LeBeau may be secretly letting Butler calls some games and/or plays as a grooming process? The defensive schemes just seem a little different at times this season but it is so difficult to tell if it maybe it is a personnel thing rather than coaching. It seems to me it would make good sense that you give Butler a chance either during a game or for a whole game to make his own calls to see how he handles things. My guess is that this would be kept very quiet and maybe even only between LeBeau and Butler, maybe even the players don't know. The calls themselves may even come through LeBeau but they may be Butler's, who knows? Just something interesting to ponder....

Kevin Butler is the former Georgia Bulldogs and Chicago Bears PK.

Just sayin' :wink:

Shawn
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I think it's certainly possible. But, I don't see Lebeau slowing down nor have I read of any indication that he would retire any time soon.

steelfin
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I think it's certainly possible. But, I don't see Lebeau slowing down nor have I read of any indication that he would retire any time soon.

He may not be retiring, but there is a "select" group of posters on this forum that are trying to run him out of town....

Isn't it obvious that the root of the Steeler demise this season is their defense... :roll:

steelerkeylargo
12-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I know a guy named Keith Butler.