PDA

View Full Version : The Ravens Pity Party Continues!

LordVile
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Don't know if this has been posted but i'm sure some of you have been hearing what Harbaugh has been spewing out about the fans.

John Harbaugh: 'Clarence Brooks does a great job. We will fight our tails off. If that's not enough, then find another team to root for.' 'If you're not proud of this football team, then you don't know football.'

Hilarity... :ratsuck :Beer :Beer :tt2

The fans in that chatroom aren't very happy.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?p=6941496

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Don't know if this has been posted but i'm sure some of you have been hearing what Harbaugh has been spewing out about the fans.

John Harbaugh: 'Clarence Brooks does a great job. We will fight our tails off. If that's not enough, then find another team to root for.' 'If you're not proud of this football team, then you don't know football.'

The realization Sunday night that their team is nothing but "Steelers Light" is just messing with those guys' minds something fierce. Now the coach is calling out the fans - AWESOME!!!

This game ranked way way up there in my mind. It showed the Men of Steel have Hearts of Champions. We may or may not go all the way this year, what with injuries and all, but if we don't, I have no problem with saying this team, this game, showed what football is all about.

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

LordVile
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
John Harbaugh estimated that Billy Cundiff had a 20, 25 percent chance to make a 49-yard field goal due to wind.
about 5 hours ago via web

John Harbaugh: 'If you're not proud of this football team, then you don't know football.'

John Harbaugh shocked by Jameel McClain's $40,000 fine: http://bit.ly/dZuixM

John Harbaugh: 'I'm proud of our football team.'

John Harbaugh: 'Clarence Brooks does a great job. We will fight our tails off. If that's not enough, then find another team to root for.'

Fan was fired up about rookie NG Terrence Cody's lack of production. Sounded like he was taking it personally.

Harbaugh declined to answer a fan question asking why DL coach Clarence Brooks hasn't been fired. Brooks is very well-respected.

Harbaugh said there's an outside chance Todd Heap could play Monday night, but he won't practice for next few days. Fantasy sit, for sure.

Harbaugh said he didn't get to shake hands with Hines Ward, said he was disappointed. Sarcastically, says he wanted to 'redeem handshake.'

More Harbaugh: 'Jameel tried to go low. I say you're taking someone's money unfairly.'

J. Harbaugh on J. McClain $40,000 fine: 'I was shocked. Heís a first-time offender. I canít imagine why they fined him so much.'

Harbaugh said that team's rushing average is 'unacceptable.' Against Steelers, Baltimore gained 54 on 24 carries. 2.3 average.
about 6 hours ago via web

John Harbaugh: 'We have to throw and catch better.'

John Harbaugh on his radio show: 'We have to become a more physical offense, period. We have to become smarter in pass protection.'

LordVile
12-08-2010, 01:29 AM

The realization Sunday night that their team is nothing but "Steelers Light" is just messing with those guys' minds something fierce. Now the coach is calling out the fans - AWESOME!!!

This game ranked way way up there in my mind. It showed the Men of Steel have Hearts of Champions. We may or may not go all the way this year, what with injuries and all, but if we don't, I have no problem with saying this team, this game, showed what football is all about.

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

Your speakin' the truth, STEELER BRETHEREN.
Such an emotional game, I haven't been fired up and down in a long time this season. I really thought we were gunna lose this game early, with the refs against us and the injuries (dare I say we probably shouldn't have won this game) but Big Ben and most the rest really showed us, once again, why they're are beloved MEN OF STEEL. I felt sooo bad when Heath got blew up, my eyes were emotional. I'm thinking this is life and death, and I thought he was paralyzed. I don't want that for any player on any team but especially to someone who is as worthy/humble a person as MILLER.

I agree if we don't go all the way. Our men, opened up alot of eyes with this game. Love or hate us, this was a classic like only the Steelers can display.

JAR
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1168.snc4/151039_1786580904235_1230911477_2135248_6668075_n. jpg

Northern_Blitz
12-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I think it's funny that Harbaugh had perfect clairity on the rules when harrison was getting fined for borderline hits but after a clear helmet to helmet hit from one of his guys, he's now shocked at the application of the rules by the league.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-08-2010, 11:19 AM
I think it's funny that Harbaugh had perfect clairity on the rules when harrison was getting fined for borderline hits but after a clear helmet to helmet hit from one of his guys, he's now shocked at the application of the rules by the league.

He should be confused after that McClain hit. He should be confused as to why there was not a flag thrown.

To anyone defending that hit I take you back to Harrison's comments after he met with Rog in NYC. Without digging it up, it was something to the effect that Harrison said that it is impossible to change his hit at the last second if the player ducks into his trajectory and gets hit H2H. He was told that it does not matter, the defender is still responsible for the result.

So, Mr. Harbaugh, agree with the rule or not, if the receiver ducks into the hit of the oncoming defender and gets hit in the head then the defender is responsible for the result of the hit and the consequences that follow.

snarky
12-08-2010, 11:26 AM
J. Harbaugh on J. McClain $40,000 fine: 'I was shocked. Heís a first-time offender. I canít imagine why they fined him so much.'

He might be a first time offender as Harbaugh says but he

1. Launched himself in the air
2. Led with his helmet
3. Made helmet to helmet contact
4. Contact was made on a defenseless receiver
5. Contact was made after the ball was well past the receiver

The fact that this hit wasn't flagged when there were five different PFs committed in the process of making it is pure BS.

PS I'm pretty sure he (like all human beings) also landed with his full body weight. So I guess that's six PFs.

aggiebones
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
He's correct about the FG. It was likely at most a 25% chance.
They had a perfect play called with what he perceived as a higher probability, maybe 50-75% considering it was WIDE open. Flacco just nutted the throw. That's not Harbaugh's fault.
His staff's real mistakes are throwing on 2nd and 5. Most intelligent coaches would have run, run to eat clock and either pick up the first or punt and force a long drive again by the Steelers. But a sneaky pass there could work. Flacco has to throw it quicker to a WR or the sideline out of bounds.
Alas, noone's perfect.