PDA

View Full Version : After the Tivo re-watch...this is what I saw

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Game #12 vs the Ravens...

#1 Our O-Line played gutsy...I have seen many posts on her dumpin on them but to know that we have lineman after lineman going down they worked it out. Ben only got sacked 3 times (1-2 of those was Ben holding on to the ball). Re-watching J Scott at best is avg at what he does but gave it his all.

#2 BMAC Sucks!!! But he improved as the game went on by playing very tight coverage. One time resulting in a interference penalty. He gave up both long plays and Boldin schooled him all day long. He did make a couple of nice tackles and did improve as game went on (trying to be nice)

#3 We miss SH...I 'm going to say it again just like my last re-watch last week. Holmes is that inside an deep threat (playmaker) that is missing when our Offense looks horrible. But I digress and move on. Hopefully we can address this in the draft with a complimentary 3rd down rb for Mendy or Sanders or Brown will step it up.

#4 Ben and some receivers are starting to gel...hopefully they will peak at the right time (playoffs) This game vs the Ravens reminded me of the old Gritty Ben that finds a way to win no matter what.

#5 Polamalu around the line of scrimmage 30-50 % of the time (it just works) He is a playmaker! I don't understand why he doesn't blitz more from the cb spot.

#6 The NFL took away R Clarks job...Punishng receivers who dare make a catch over the middle. We need to find his replacement in the draft or FA.

Finally...Great Win...I enjoyed this one and even went to work on Monday with a smile on my face. Hopefully we can win 3 of the next 4 and get that #2 seed.

jj28west
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I have to agree and was thinking the same thing with point #6. The league started to watch Lethan Flowers more closely (didnt he take out Brady's knee?) and he became ordinary the time he went to Denver.

Not saying Clark is not a smart safety....its just his style like Dawkins & Lynch seems to be methodically phasing out.

Also have to agree with the feeling of waking up after the Steelers won and the fashion how they won.

feltdizz
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Holmes and Ben didn't click their first year, in time Sanders and Brown will learn to adjust to Ben's style. Runnin the route is only half the play...

NorthCoast
12-07-2010, 10:38 PM
The PI on BMac was very ticky-tack if you ask me. No way his touching impeded the receiver on that play.

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2010, 11:16 PM
#1 Our O-Line played gutsy...I have seen many posts on her dumpin on them but to know that we have lineman after lineman going down they worked it out. Ben only got sacked 3 times (1-2 of those was Ben holding on to the ball). Re-watching Stapleton at best is avg at what he does but gave it his all.

Darnell Stapleton hasn't been on this team for a couple of years now.

LordVile
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM
#1 Our O-Line played gutsy...I have seen many posts on her dumpin on them but to know that we have lineman after lineman going down they worked it out. Ben only got sacked 3 times (1-2 of those was Ben holding on to the ball). Re-watching Stapleton at best is avg at what he does but gave it his all.

haha, I thought the same thing. I was like, didn't we get rid of him 2 years ago? Should bring his ass back for depth. :2c

NJ-STEELER
12-08-2010, 02:04 AM
he walked into a steeler bar i was at to see the tampa game

steelblood
12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Game #12 vs the Ravens...

#2 BMAC Sucks!!! But he improved as the game went on by playing very tight coverage. One time resulting in a interference penalty. He gave up both long plays and Boldin schooled him all day long. He did make a couple of nice tackles and did improve as game went on (trying to be nice)

I agree that the oline played gutsy. There were more successful running plays against in that game than any i can remember against the ravens lately. Unfortunately, we had too many negative and zero runs (some of the is on Mendy for dancing too much which doesn't work against the ravens). But, the line did what they could.

BMac did not give up both long passes. On the first one, Clark was in man coverage on Boldin. BMac did stupidly try to blast the ball out instead of wrapping him up which lead to more RAC. On the second one, Troy guesses wrong and hung BMac out to dry. He was left covering two receivers deep. It was a situation he couldn't win. BMac hasn't played well this year and that PI in the Raven's game was terrible, but it was not his worst game by a mile. And, I agree that he was more effective in bump and run with a safety over the top. However, get ready for LeBeau to put BMac 10 yeards off the line vs. TO. I don't think they believe he can stay with TO in bump and run.

proudpittsburgher
12-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I have to agree and was thinking the same thing with point #6. The league started to watch Lethan Flowers more closely (didnt he take out Brady's knee?) and he became ordinary the time he went to Denver.

Not saying Clark is not a smart safety....its just his style like Dawkins & Lynch seems to be methodically phasing out.

Also have to agree with the feeling of waking up after the Steelers won and the fashion how they won.

I think it was Bernard Pollard who took out Brady's knee.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-08-2010, 12:43 PM

Sorry: J. Scott (they both suck, got um confused)