PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Gonna Beat the Pats for Us?

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
What's with this 17-0 start against the Jets? Aren't the Jets supposed to be good?

All I hear is Jets hype and now this....

Bummer so far.

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
What's with this 17-0 start against the Jets? Aren't the Jets supposed to be good?

Bummer so far.

AkronSteel
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM

Bummer so far.

I don't want anyone to beat the Pats for us, as far as I'm concerned. I would get alot of pleasure by the Steelers going to Foxboro in the AFCC and beating Brady and the rest of those cheaters into the ground ourselves. We owe them a huge heartbreak!!!

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
The Jests are who we thought they were, before the talking heads started slobbering all over their jocks.

AkronSteel
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
The Jests are who we thought they were, before the talking heads started slobbering all over their jocks.

Over-rated.......Over-rated.......Over-rated!!! LOL

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM

I look forward to kicking the Jets' collective arses when we play them in a couple of weeks...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs347.snc4/41595_156306981054458_2165_n.jpg

jj28west
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
When the Steelers got beat by the Pats* all the talking heads starting bringing up that the two recent years the Steelers had won the Super Bowl that they did not have to face Brady. Its as if they wanted to put an asterisk by the Steelers Titles.

Like others have said I would love to beat the Pats & TB to end this talk.

Eich
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
The Steelers D doesn't look so bad in comparison to what's happening to the Jets right now.

Someone needs to start hitting Brady hard. If you can't get to him, you can't stop him.

eniparadoxgma
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Bummer so far.

I don't want anyone to beat the Pats for us, as far as I'm concerned. I would get alot of pleasure by the Steelers going to Foxboro in the AFCC and beating Brady and the rest of those cheaters into the ground ourselves. We owe them a huge heartbreak!!!

:Agree :Agree :Agree

Shawn
12-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Maybe it's just me but I'm more than ok not having to beat the Pats on the way to the SB. Be careful what you wish for. The Steelers with McFadden do not match up well with the Pats. It doesn't mean they are better. It means it's a bad match up for us.

Sugar
12-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Is it just me or is Tone the best thing the Jets have going tonight? He's the only one who hasn't sucked out loud.

SteelAbility
12-06-2010, 11:45 PM
LeBeau has the personnel to beat the Pats. He simply has to pull his head out of his @$$ and start rushing 5 men at an absolute minimum. Personally, I think with a 6-man pass rush we can seriously disrupt and frazzle Brady.

AkronSteel
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Is it just me or is Tone the best thing the Jets have going tonight? He's the only one who hasn't sucked out loud.

He hasn't played bad but I can't stand when he struts around like he did something on an 8 yard completion and his team is down 3 scores. He used to drive me crazy with that same act in the Burgh.....I just don't get it???

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 11:52 PM

He hasn't played bad but I can't stand when he struts around like he did something on an 8 yard completion and his team is down 3 scores. He used to drive me crazy with that same act in the Burgh.....I just don't get it???
Narcissistic personality type

Shawn
12-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Act aside the Steelers were better with him than without him. I'm not suggesting it was an option to keep him. I am merely thinking about the loss of talent at the WR position.

SteelAbility
12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
LeBeau has the personnel to beat the Pats. He simply has to pull his head out of his @$$ and start rushing 5 men at an absolute minimum. Personally, I think with a 6-man pass rush we can seriously disrupt and frazzle Brady.

I'm ... hoping ... that in our first game against the Pats LeBeau was hiding his cards in anticipation of a future playoff matchup.

AkronSteel
12-07-2010, 12:03 AM

Act aside the Steelers were better with him than without him. I'm not suggesting it was an option to keep him. I am merely thinking about the loss of talent at the WR position.

I'm not arguing that fact Shawn!! I agree 100%....the Steelers would be much better with him running around at WR. All I'm saying is the act gets old especially when your team is getting their brains beat out!!! I just don't understand this type of thinking, what exactly would he be trying to prove??? I really wish the guy would have kept his head on straight because it was cool to cheer for a Buckeye in Steelers gear, but the guy was just not going to be able to control himself enough to be life long Steeler material!!! It stinks, but it is what it is!!!

Shawn
12-07-2010, 12:04 AM

I'm ... hoping ... that in our first game against the Pats LeBeau was hiding his cards in anticipation of a future playoff matchup.

Brady is very adept at picking a D apart with a blitz or without a blitz. IMO, the best way to beat the Pats is two fold. One, you must get pressure with 4. You have to rush him without sacrificing coverage. If you can't...Brady will have to beat himself or you will need things to go well for you.

SteelAbility
12-07-2010, 12:09 AM

Brady is very adept at picking a D apart with a blitz or without a blitz. IMO, the best way to beat the Pats is two fold. One, you must get pressure with 4. You have to rush him without sacrificing coverage. If you can't...Brady will have to beat himself or you will need things to go well for you.

The NE OL is way too good to allow pressure with only 4 guys. We tried it ALL night long and it failed all night long. When we brought 5 or 6, we had lots of success. The trick is to disguise who the extra two or three pass-rushers are.

Steel Life
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I'll pose the question as I watch the game right now...with the P*ts running up he score & still throwing - do you say "screw it" & nail Brady since they're being asses? One F-you deserves another...

SteelAbility
12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I'll pose the question as I watch the game right now...with the P*ts running up he score & still throwing - do you say "screw it" & nail Brady since they're being asses? One F-you deserves another...

It may very well be worth it to have a "clobber Brady" philosophy early in the game, even at the expense of a penalty or three. Even if he makes his sissy appeal to the ref and gets the call, after a couple of big time hits it will affect his judgment eventually. The key is to not cower from looking for big hits, even after some penalties. It WILL eventually wear him out.

Sugar
12-07-2010, 12:41 AM
This is a statement to the league- "We took one of the toughest Defenses in the league and scored at will."

I almost don't feel as bad about our performance... NOT!!

Shoe
12-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Maybe it's just me but I'm more than ok not having to beat the Pats on the way to the SB. Be careful what you wish for. The Steelers with McFadden do not match up well with the Pats. It doesn't mean they are better. It means it's a bad match up for us.

IT'S DEFINITELY NOT JUST YOU Shawn. After what I saw a couple weeks ago, I want no part of this team. I do agree that beating them WOULD BE NICE... but I'm simply not willing to risk that chance vs. possibly having to watch Brady smile, prance, bark, as we lose yet ANOTHER game to these f-n cheats.

That being said, thinking about any relief that might come: Will we see Aaron Smith come back for the playoffs? I have not been made aware as to his prognosis.

NJ-STEELER
12-07-2010, 01:00 AM

The NE OL is way too good to allow pressure with only 4 guys. We tried it ALL night long and it failed all night long. When we brought 5 or 6, we had lots of success. The trick is to disguise who the extra two or three pass-rushers are.

the NYGs didn't have that trouble in the SB against them.

and now they're developing another DE with pass rushing shills in pierre paul.

him, umineura, and Tuck

i'm starting to think a 4-3 is the way to go. dont have to convert anyone from their normal college psoition like we usually have to do

Shawn
12-07-2010, 03:37 AM

the NYGs didn't have that trouble in the SB against them.

and now they're developing another DE with pass rushing shills in pierre paul.

him, umineura, and Tuck

i'm starting to think a 4-3 is the way to go. dont have to convert anyone from their normal college psoition like we usually have to do

$$$

This Pats teams is clicking right now and is every bit as scarey as that Pats team that almost went undefeated. The Giants proved if you can get pressure with 4...you can beat Brady. If you can't...and he is on...good luck.

brothervad
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
No one is gonna beat that Pats for us...

honestly this looks a lot like old Pats runs they get better and better as the season progresses...

It is going to come down to this...is Lebeau/Tomlin willing to do something different to beat the Pats in NE this year if they make it to the AFC championship.

Or are they going to continue to thump their chests and say this is who we are and be nickled and dimed to a 42-14 defeat?

I remember the Parcell's NYG team that beat what looked to be a dominant 49er squad under Montana.

at the time Belicheck was D-coord. Did he use a traditional alignment against them? No he adjusted and had very exotic looks like 2 down lineman 4 LB's 5 DB's.

It confused the hell out of the 49ers and they only score 15-13.

As much as it pains me to say it...the Super Bowls we have gone to in the past decade did not lead us through New England.

While a Super Bowl is a Super Bowl, I have grown tired of the superlatvies attributed to that team. The only way to end it is to finally put a stake through the Pats heart mano y mano.

The time is now!!!!!!

brothervad

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I think it would be better to be the #2 seed, go on the road and whip the patriots in the playoffs. We have never done good with that #1 seed.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Unless they get upset after their off week...The Steelers will have to go to NE and knock them off themselves.

A quick look at what the win against the Ravens has set up. The Steelers could actually go 3-1 with a loss to the Jets and win division. That would put us #2 seed with a bye. 3 of our final 4 are at home with a 3 game home stretch starting Sunday. The Browns game will have to be played out unless the Ravens drop another. The Bengals & Browns games are pretty big because as long as we don't lose a division game, we could lose a game and still win the division.

NorthCoast
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM

You pretty much nailed it Shawn. Pressure with 4 is the only way to beat NE. The Giants a couple years ago showed how to do it.

The problem: we don't have the players on our roster unless LeBeau changes his philosophy of pulling Timmons off the field and replacing him with Madison, giving Butler a shot instead of BMac, and using Worilds creatively. This may be too out-of-the-box thinking for him.

Steel Life
12-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Considering personnel, we simply aren't manned with the type of guys that succeed against the P*ts - fast, gap penetrators who can beat the O-Line off the snap. Our D-Line consists of space eaters that don't threaten the offense. Yes, you can't run on us, but with max-protection schemes set to neutralize threats like Harrison & Woodley, we'll get picked apart just like the last game. Add to that, Woodley is not having a Pro Bowl year despite the attention that Harrison commands. Combine all that with a sub-par CB corps & we've become a desperate blitzing team that has little defensive flexibility...a recipe for disaster against teams like NE.

JTP53609
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
yea, I dont really get the whole "noting will be sweeter than beating the pats in N.E. for the AFCCG". They have our number and that guy who wears number 12 that everyone hates is better than any player we have faced within the last 30 years. It would be sweet to beat the pats in N.E. and it would be sweet to win the lottery too.
I think we could do it, but I would rather play anyone else in the playoffs than the pats.