PDA

View Full Version : Fines issued

Steelgal
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Just reported by Adam Shefter on NFL Countdown that Ngata received a $15K fine for the hit on Ben. McClain received a $40K fine for the hit on Miller. Not nearly enough..... :HeadBanger

Eddie Spaghetti
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
window dressing.

throw the damn flag.

focosteeler
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb1f43/article/ravens-lb-mcclain-fined-40k-for-hit-on-steelers-te-miller?module=HP_headlines)

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain has been fined $40,000 for an illegal hit Sunday night on Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller, the NFL confirmed Monday.

Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata was fined $15,000 for striking Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the head, the league confirmed.

Miller's head and neck were was bent backwards by the impact of the hit. As he lay motionless on the field, trainers rushed to his side and held his helmet in place, typical for neck injuries. He remained on the turf for several minutes before trainers helped him off. He did not return.

McClain wasn't called for a personal foul on the play.

Miller had one catch for nine yards before exiting the game

to bad Jason La Canfora is an idiot...Overtime victory?? really?

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Seymore - head slap = $25K fine
Ngata - breaks nose = $15K fine

so what's next

someone breaks Ben's neck = $5K?

Sugar
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Wait- when was the last week that James Harrison wasn't fined??

Discipline of Steel
12-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Wait- when was the last week that James Harrison wasn't fined??

This week but its not over yet

steelblood
12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
The fine on Ngata is preposterous. There should have been a penalty, but that hit was totally accidental. Are we going to start fining players every time someone gets hurt?

Oviedo
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
window dressing.

throw the damn flag.

Exactly, they relieve some media heat from themselves but they absolutley make sure they give the Steelers no benefit whatsoever during a game like they do others. When I see the yellow flying for hits that Ben takes during games I will believe they are really watching.

MeetJoeGreene
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
window dressing.

throw the damn flag.

Exactly, they relieve some media heat from themselves but they absolutley make sure they give the Steelers no benefit whatsoever during a game like they do others. When I see the yellow flying for hits that Ben takes during games I will believe they are really watching.

+1

ikestops85
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
The fine on Ngata is preposterous. There should have been a penalty, but that hit was totally accidental. Are we going to start fining players every time someone gets hurt?

:Agree

In fact I think both hits were accidental and shouldn't have been fined. This is a game that is violent and sh!t is going to happen. I'm no happier that Ravens got fined than I am that Steelers have been fined.

Besides, with all the crap Collinsworth was giving the league they had to fine those guys. Remember, Goodell only reacts, he is not proactive. He is starting to get some very bad publicity from the media so he has to try and correct that. What he doesn't realize is that we all still know he is a hypocrite. I just hope the media decides it still is a story worth pursuing.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Seymore - head slap = $25K fine
Ngata - breaks nose = $15K fine

so what's next

someone breaks Ben's neck = $5K?

Disagree Flippy.

Seymour's punch was after the play and had nothing to do with football. Ngata was chasing the QB - as is his job - and his hands got up where they shouldn't have. I don't think that this was intentional in any way. He should have been flagged for it but not fined at all.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2010, 12:32 PM
i'm not so sure that ngatas hit was unintentional.

go back and watch. looks like he lined him up.

feltdizz
12-07-2010, 12:45 PM

dude... you must be joking. The game is too fast and Ngata is too big to be that precise with his blow.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2010, 12:58 PM
dude.

i'm not.

ikestops85
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Sorry but not a chance. He had just as good a chance at breaking his own hand as he did breaking Ben's nose. It was just a freakish event.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
not saying he knew he was gonna break bens nose.

but he knew he was swinging towards bens head.

feltdizz
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
not saying he knew he was gonna break bens nose.

but he knew he was swinging towards bens head.

he wasn't swinging for his head... he reached out and en lowered his head at the same time. It wasn't on purpose.

It should have been flagged but it shouldn't have been fined IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I think the Ngata hit was a fluke thing. According to the letter of the law, it should have been called, but the lack of a penalty there did not infuriate me. With the benefit of slo-mo replay from my couch, I didn't even see it until the 3rd time they replayed it, so I can't bad-mouth the refs for missing that one. It happens.

But the McClain hit on Miller was blatant, flagrant, and completely unacceptable. There is no possible justification for the lack of a flag on that play. None. Simply disgusting.

feltdizz
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I think the Ngata hit was a fluke thing. According to the letter of the law, it should have been called, but the lack of a penalty there did not infuriate me. With the benefit of slo-mo replay from my couch, I didn't even see it until the 3rd time they replayed it, so I can't bad-mouth the refs for missing that one. It happens.

But the McClain hit on Miller was blatant, flagrant, and completely unacceptable. There is no possible justification for the lack of a flag on that play. None. Simply disgusting.

Ngata should have been called. NFL refs are throwing flags at a high rate IMO.... most times they throw it on the side of caution and then make something up or pick up the flag.

Why are the refs so resistant to throw a flag on a H2H or hand to face when it happens to us.