PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Be The First to Want McD??

Sugar
12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
For all the hate that Arians gets around here, I'm surprised that nobody has posted that they want to see him replaced with McDaniels yet. :lol:

Any chance we see the chin go to Denver??

Chavezz
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
hehe

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
He's an arrogant dink!!

hellbanger
12-06-2010, 09:03 PM
For all the hate that Arians gets around here, I'm surprised that nobody has posted that they want to see him replaced with McDaniels yet. :lol:

He might have miles of illegal video on us, probably knows our guys on offens well, could fit right in.

buckeyehoppy
12-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Bull shizznit, Sugar dude!!!

I want this guy here yesterday. BA sucks and absolutely needs to go. I don't give a damn what he did in Denver and I don't care that he was associated with That A$$hat Belichick. This guy was the mastermind behind one of the best offenses in the NFL before he got tapped as HC in Denver. Hellz Yeah, I want this guy!

Don't think so. If he doesn't take the Carolina gig, I don't think we'll ever see him on a NFL again. This off-season will tell the story if we ever see The Chin on the sidelines.

Sugar
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Sooooooooo.... Buckey, how do you really feal about that? :lol:

My guess is that some college team will overpay to get McD anyway.

rpmpit
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Thought this was gonna be about the McRib.

http://sfist.com/attachments/Chris%20Jones/mcrib.jpg

msp26505
12-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Thought this was gonna be about the McRib.

http://sfist.com/attachments/Chris%20Jones/mcrib.jpg

Quick...hide that from Flippy. He's been himself for the last couple of weeks.

msp26505
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Bull shizznit, Sugar dude!!!

I want this guy here yesterday. BA sucks and absolutely needs to go. I don't give a damn what he did in Denver and I don't care that he was associated with That A$$hat Belichick. This guy was the mastermind behind one of the best offenses in the NFL before he got tapped as HC in Denver. Hellz Yeah, I want this guy!

Not sure it was all him...

It's easy to look pretty smart when you work with Tom Brady and that OL.

flippy
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I vote for Flippy for OC.

Oviedo
12-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I could see McDaniel's ego and Ben's ego being a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't get me wrong, if McDaniel would install the Pats offense here I'd be head over heels but I'm not sure the chemistry would be there.

Djfan
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
With as much respect as I can give with this statement:

If you don't think McDaniels had everything to do with the Spygate II you're a third generation crack addict. He pulled the Bellicheat card of "throw the guy under the bus" on the video dude.

Also, for the record, I think Flippy would be a vast improvement over BA at OC. Then again so would Britany Spears. That's just me.

flippy
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM

If you don't think McDaniels had everything to do with the Spygate II you're a third generation crack addict. He pulled the Bellicheat card of "throw the guy under the bus" on the video dude.

Also, for the record, I think Flippy would be a vast improvement over BA at OC. Then again so would Britany Spears. That's just me.

If I was OC, I'd be ok with hiring Brittany as my personal assistant.

ikestops85
12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
No way do I want McDaniels as our OC. He is an arrogant putz who alienates his players. He got rid of so much talent in Denver that whoever takes over is in for a major rebuilding effort that will take many years. This is the guy who threw in Peyton Hillis as an afterthought to get Brady Quinn. Let him go back to Belicheat.

steelcurtain44
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
No way do I want McDaniels as our OC. He is an arrogant putz who alienates his players. He got rid of so much talent in Denver that whoever takes over is in for a major rebuilding effort that will take many years. This is the guy who threw in Peyton Hillis as an afterthought to get Brady Quinn. Let him go back to Belicheat.

Seriously, who was Hillis before this year?

msp26505
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM

If I was OC, I'd be ok with hiring Brittany as my personal assistant.

Please don't flash us.

feltdizz
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Who was Brady Quinn before this year?

ikestops85
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM

He was great in the games he started for Denver. In Shanahan's last year they lost like 7 running backs Hillis got his chance and did really well until he also got hurt. I would have loved to know that Denver was giving him away and had the Steelers pick him up.

Oviedo
12-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Hillis was a targeted player by many on this board in their mock drafts. Either good assessemnt or blid squirrels finding nuts.

The guy is a keeper for sure. I would love to see him and Mendy teamed together.

1st and Goal--
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Glad you asked: The time table on this deal was McD was called in to the office at a little past 4 Monday afternoon. Sometime between 4 and 5 he was fired. The Denver Post newspaper printed the story and it was dated at about 6:30.

I saw on two Steeler message boards calls for his hiring between 6:35 and 6:50. Only an hour or so before your inquiry was made around 8:00. It was estimated that by 9:00 at least one message board in every NFL city recommended hiring him as an OC. Oddly enough this included Denver.

One poster said his sources told him the Steelers already had preliminary discussions with his agent and McD's plans for the Steelers were already submitted: Some of the Offensive changes recommended were 1. Trading Ben to the Bears 2. Trading Mendenhall to the Browns 3. Trading Mike Wallace to Miami 4. Trading H. Miller to Detroit. There were some other must-do's to get this Offense started and into at least 2nd gear. Supposedly, the Organization is giving this priority consideration.

Another poster did not think it was necessary to go outside the Organization to get someone. He was not interested in the Turners, Jimmy Rays ,McD's or Childress types etc. His suggestion was to simply shuffle the existing staff around a bit. Here was his recommendations. 1. Replace LeBeau with Mike Tomlin. He said this was a no brainer. 2. Appoint LeBeau as the Offensive Coordinator. He said who would know more about what would work against Defenses then LeBeau. Then of course Bruce Arians would act as the Head Coach. However, the option of getting rid of any of the Coordinators would not be allowed in mid season.

There were a bunch of other suggestions but these few caught my eye. Then again, it was early, it was only a little past l0:00. I'm sure the fans were just warming up. Any new developments will be reported.

1st and Goal--
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Oops! I forgot to put a couple of those yellow things in here. :D :D

Also forgot to mention that one poster thought leaving everything exactly as is was a good idea.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Hire McDaniels as a special assistant for the rest of the season. Give him one job--figuring out how to beat the *s.