PDA

View Full Version : Mason: "We're Not A Good Offense"

Jooser
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Quoted on Florio's "one-liners" piece:

Ravens WR Derrick Mason vented after the game: “You wonder why you come back and play after stuff like this, because there ain’t no way, I mean, Pittsburgh’s a good team, can’t take it away from them, but there’s no way we should have lost this game,” Mason said. “Seriously. This just makes me personally wonder why I came back. To play in a game like this and to lose a game like this, it hurts worse than any other game. It’s sad to say, but we’re not a good offense at times. We’re really aren’t. For whatever reason it is, I don’t know. But we’re not a good offense at times. I’m not pointing any fingers at anybody, because I’m a part of the equation, but we’re just not a good offense at times, and it showed up today.”
:tt2 :lol: CLASSIC

Tomlinator
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
What is with Ravens and their crying about giving the game away?

Every time we play these guys all you hear is them saying they gave the game to us, never how the Steelers gritted out a win.

I don't need their validation, but for being a "tough" team they sure come across like a bunch of whiners.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-06-2010, 01:10 PM
We aren't a very good offense either Mr. Mason.

steelz09
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM
In all honesty, I can feel for the Ravens being upset that they lost that game. Putting myself in their shoes, the game gave me the sense that the Ravens outplayed the Steelers especially offensively. However, the Steelers just made the big play at the right time.

It almost reminds me of how I would of felt if we lost to Buffalo last week. We completely dominated the game and almost (probably should have) lost the game. It's problematic when you dominate (the Bills) and still barely win the game due to a dropped pass. It's not quite fair to compare the Ravens game to the Buffalo game as I don't think the Ravens dominated us like we dominated the Bills but you get the idea.

And Mason is right, they aren't a good offense at times and they should be. We aren't a good offense at times and we should be. Mason has the right to be frustrated because they have some serious weapons on offense. Let's compare:

Ben > Flacco
Miller > Heap
Ravens O-Line > Steelers O-Line
Rice > Mendenhall (IMO)
McClain > D. Johnson
Ravens WR (Stallworth, Housh, Boldin, Mason) > Steelers WR (Wallace, Ward, Randel El, Sanders, Brown)
Cam Cameron > Bruce Arians

costanza2k1
12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I wonder if the Raven's fans are crying to remove Cameron!

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM

Yes they are ... big time.

costanza2k1
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Yes they are ... big time.

Seems to be the thing to do as fans...funny that they want to can him and we want to hire him...

Steelgal
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Fans definately want Cam gone. Also seen a bunch of disgust for Harbaugh as well. It seems to be total meltdown mode from their fans and I am taking great joy in that.

Even in our win, I'm not overly happy with Arians either. I'm still hoping he's gone at the end of the season.

steelblood
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I'd take Cam Cameron if he was let go. I love a lot of his play design. I do think he goes too conservative sometimes (but some of that may come from Harbaugh).

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd take Cam Cameron if he was let go. I love a lot of his play design. I do think he goes too conservative sometimes (but some of that may come from Harbaugh).

I want Norv if he gets the axe from the Chargers this year. He is a horrible head coach but a great OC.

steelz09
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I would hire Cam Cameron over Bruce Arians any day.

I was shocked that the Steelers didn't make a run for Cameron when he was released previously. Then I was even more pissed that the Ravens were able to hire him.

birtikidis
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Mason needs to remember how we lost to them earlier this year. I know how he feels, cause, that same crap happened to us.

steelz09
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
IMO, I didn't think Arians called a poor game against the Ravens and I'm usually very critical of Arians (but I'm "just").

The one think that drove me nuts is his utilization of Redman. I think we need to mix it up with Redman, Mendenhall, and Moore especially on 2nd down.

It was on at least a couple of 2nd downs where we would run Mendenhall and not get the 1st down. Then on 3rd down you see Redman on the fiend and immediatly I was thinking it was another run play. Sure enough, it was a run play and we were "stuffed" again. It's SOOO obvious. I knew we were running it with Mendenhall and then trying basically the same type of play with Redman. Both failed at getting the first down.

In those situations, I'd like to see Redman run it on 2nd down when the run play isn't so obvious. Redman is still a superior short yardage back compared to Mendenhall especially given our offensive line.

I'd really like to see a formation where Redman and Moore are in the background at the same time. This would really make the defenese guess on whether it's a short pass to Moore or a dive to Redman.