PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda done for season

steelerkeylargo
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Torn ACL. Same one he has now torn 3 times. Dan is done in the Burgh. UGH.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, I think you may be right. Definitely damaged goods.

Sugar
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
They probably have Mitch Berger on speed-dial. Of course, the last time we lost Sep for the year we won the Super Bowl. Just sayin...

Shawn
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah this isn't good. I really hope we don't use Suishi again for punting.

aggiebones
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
not alot of good punters lingering around the waiver wire these days.
Ugh, this will hurt. Its nice to be able to punt and play defense when the offense sputters like they all do from time to time. I see alot of 30yds in the near future.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I posted on another thread that I read that Piotr Czech also both a punter and Kicker in college. maybe we kill two birds with one stone and get a punter and a kicker who can reach the endzone on KOs.

Steelskin
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I have an idea :Boobs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=269

:roll:

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I have an idea :Boobs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=269

:roll:

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0819/ohgodwhy.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2010, 01:54 PM

I disagree. His punt from the back of the end zone last week (forced to stand 4-5 yards closer to his snapper and the oncoming rush) and then launching the sucker over the returner's head for a 60+ yard boot (and subsequent fumble) was a huge part of our win over Buffalo last week.

They'll give him the ACL from a new cadaver, he'll rehab again, and he'll be back. I'm no doctor, but I don't think there is any reason to believe that the previous ACL tears in the same knee will have anything to do with how the latest one will stand up. Each of those ligaments were completely different (his own the first time, and from two different cadavers each of the last two times). The new cadaver ligament they will surgically implant this time will have no idea that the previous anterior cruciate ligaments were torn...that shouldn't make any difference at all, right?

The kid is still a weapon. It's not like he's a WR or CB where these surgeries could result in a loss of speed or something vital to his profession like that. It's his plant leg. All he has to do is land on it after punting with his left foot. Stabilize that sucker, and he should be good to go after the necessary rehab.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM

I disagree. His punt from the back of the end zone last week (forced to stand 4-5 yards closer to his snapper and the oncoming rush) and then launching the sucker over the returner's head for a 60+ yard boot (and subsequent fumble) was a huge part of our win over Buffalo last week.

They'll give him the ACL from a new cadaver, he'll rehab again, and he'll be back. I'm no doctor, but I don't think there is any reason to believe that the previous ACL tears in the same knee will have anything to do with how the latest one will stand up. Each of those ligaments were completely different (his own the first time, and from two different cadavers each of the last two times). The new cadaver ligament they will surgically implant this time will have no idea that the previous anterior cruciate ligaments were torn...that shouldn't make any difference at all, right?

The kid is still a weapon. It's not like he's a WR or CB where these surgeries could result in a loss of speed or something vital to his profession like that. It's his plant leg. All he has to do is land on it after punting with his left foot. Stabilize that sucker, and he should be good to go after the necessary rehab.

We can rebuild him

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/82457601.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=6C4008C0FD9EB5A52637281436BB778619BC7679D66DB092 D4B40B3E875A785D

Jigawatts
12-06-2010, 05:52 PM
The new cadaver ligament they will surgically implant this time will have no idea that the previous anterior cruciate ligaments were torn...that shouldn't make any difference at all, right?

I'm not so sure that the MCL, PCL, and meniscus aren't in cahoots.

focosteeler
12-06-2010, 08:05 PM
i wasnt watching closely to see if he was, but i think he needs to wear a brace on it. it can't affect it that much since its his plant leg. i do want him back though. he saved us last week

Kid
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
this just proves once again, wasted draft pick.

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Sep has been an asset to this team and will be missed the rest of this year.
I hope he comes back.

NJ-STEELER
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM

he still has to run to cut off an angle once in a while

that how he got hurt last night

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Sep has been an asset to this team and will be missed the rest of this year.
I hope he comes back.

I'm with ya...a real bummer to see Sep go down.

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1129481/33038089E.jpg