PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller is as tough as they come

steelerkeylargo
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I sat at home watching with my wife and told her i didnt think Heath would get up. Can't believe he walked off the field. My buddy who is a Pats fan and hates the Steelers sent me a text saying WOW...thats a tough son of a bit*(. :Beer

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, hits can often look even worse in slow mo too. Seeing him hit straight on H2H and his head snap back while his body was planted. That was awful.

The worst part of the call is that you didn't even have to see it to know that it was H2H. Even the commentators were saying that they know the sound and could hear it up in the booth.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
It is a shame the fraud of a league lets the Ravens get away with a hit like that. I really don't see how he will be able to play next week.

I saw him mouthing "I don't remember anything" on the sideline to the doctor. When you blackout that usually means a pretty serious concussion.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
It is a shame the fraud of a league lets the Ravens get away with a hit like that. I really don't see how he will be able to play next week.

I saw him mouthing "I don't remember anything" on the sideline to the doctor. When you blackout that usually means a pretty serious concussion.

If that hit took place in the first game of the season nobody would be talking about it. I agree with Harrison that it was a good hit. Miller dropped down much like Massiquoi (sp) did when Harrison hit him.

However, since Harrison was heavily fined for that hit then for the league to be consistent the ravens should also be fined. I think they will since Collinsworth essentially called the league out on National TV. In fact Collinsworth called them out on a number of plays like the hits to Ben's head and the holds on Harrison. We will see.

Steelskin
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I remember watching this and I saw the hit and it didn't look THAT bad, but then I saw Cory Redding waving his arms to the medical staff.... it was kind of reminiscent of LT panicking after he had hit Joe Theismann.

Anyway, they quickly showed a replay and McClain literally bent Heath's head/neck back about 25 and he dropped... lying motionless.

They did a close up of him and I saw his lips sputtering and my heart absolutely sank. I seriously thought he had been paralyzed. No fine or flag or whatever.... I'm just glad he's OK, thank God.

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Heath stayed down after the hit. Earl got up and walked off the field.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM

yeah, you could tell Heath was out of it when they showed him on the sidelines talking with the doctor...

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1129481/33038405E.jpg