PDA

View Full Version : Raven's most hated

anger 82&95
12-06-2010, 10:56 AM
In the pantheon of the Ravenís most despised opponents are Troy P. and Big Ben number one and two, respectively? Who else even makes the top five?

eniparadoxgma
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Come on, man. You don't remember the bounty on Hines' head? Him knocking Reed out? Blasting Suggs?

They hate #86.

anger 82&95
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Come on, man. You don't remember the bounty on Hines' head? Him knocking Reed out? Blasting Suggs?

They hate #86.
Ouch! I had somehow forgotten that Ward is the most loathed human in Baltimore. I guess the top three would be Ward, Polamalu, B. Ben, etc.

Sugar
12-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Let's not forget what James Harrison has done to them time and again!

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2010, 11:46 PM
There's your top 5...Ward, Troy, Ben, Deebo...topped only by the Irsay family in Indy.

SidSmythe
12-08-2010, 08:03 AM
There's your top 5...Ward, Troy, Ben, Deebo...topped only by the Irsay family in Indy.

I think he meant most hated Steelers. Anyone born before 1983 would put Irsay at #1.

#1: Ben (for various reasons)
#2: Hines Ward (Ed Reed killer)
#3: Joey Porter (he told Ray Lewis off when Ray was bein' nice)
#4: Troy P. (envious hatred)
#5: Harrison (just cuz he's that good)

rpmpit
12-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Seems like this year there's been sort of a love fest between us and them. Let me explain:

If any of you watched NFLN's 100 Best Players (Peyton was #8 I think :lol: ) Hines spoke for Reed. It was the typical "hate that I have to play against him, but have much respect for his skills."

Tomlin is always talking about how much we resemble each other and how he loves the games between us.

Suggs coming out last week in support of James being unfairly targeted by refs.

Then again, you have Harbaugh coming out crying that we didn't beat them, the Ravens beat themselves.

So while there is still much animosity there, I think the mutual respect thing is a lot more present than its been in recent years.

SidSmythe
12-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Seems like this year there's been sort of a love fest between us and them. Let me explain:

If any of you watched NFLN's 100 Best Players (Peyton was #8 I think :lol: ) Hines spoke for Reed. It was the typical "hate that I have to play against him, but have much respect for his skills."

Tomlin is always talking about how much we resemble each other and how he loves the games between us.

Suggs coming out last week in support of James being unfairly targeted by refs.

Then again, you have Harbaugh coming out crying that we didn't beat them, the Ravens beat themselves.

So while there is still much animosity there, I think the mutual respect thing is a lot more present than its been in recent years.

only the fans are dumb enough to actually HATE players.

For the most part, the NFL is a fraternity w/ much respect and friendship for one another. Again, there's always exceptions to the rules, but that's true no matter what profession you are in.
ie. Carwell Gardner and Bryan Cox (they duked it out on the field and almost after the game in the parking lot).

If Bart Scott moved in next door to Ben, I'd think they'd be buddies and all.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
only the fans are dumb enough to actually HATE players.

I agree, but I think that this year even the fan hatred has subsided a bit.

Northern_Blitz
12-08-2010, 11:08 AM
He's not on the team anymore, but I don't think there was any love lost between Holmes and Ravens fans.