PDA

View Full Version : Ravens' Kicker - WTF?

flippy
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
His kickoffs go out of the endzone, yet he can't even attempt a 51 yard FG at the end of the game?

I'm not complaining, but WTF? I'd be ticked off if I was a Ravens fan today.

papillon
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
His kickoffs go out of the endzone, yet he can't even attempt a 51 yard FG at the end of the game?

But you're not a Ravens fan so be happy! :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

Eich
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM

Harbaugh said in the post-game that he's pretty good at estimating his kicker's range, based on pre-game kicks into the wind. He said that it was a very low percentage kick from that point on the field. But that guy does have a leg. You'd think they'd give him a try.

msp26505
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM

But you're not a Ravens fan so be happy! :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

And anyone who is a Ravens fan is probably just pissed on principle alone most of the time.

Steelgal
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Ravens fans are pretty pissed today alright. Loving it!!!!!

Harbaugh is quickly becoming one of my least favorite coaches. He talked in an interview about how their team understands how the rules are being changed and all teams will eventually 'get it'. But in his PC after the game, he gave no credit to our team. Instead, the Ravens gave it away. Tomlin is ALWAYS the first to give his opponent their due, but Harbaugh is an arrogant little p r i c k.

NWNewell
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM

You are confusing distance with accuracy.

It's easy to unload on the ball when you don't have to worry about where it goes.

aggiebones
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I might agree that picking up a yard might be easier that making that punt in that weather. He's got leg STRENGTH, but how's his accuracy in that wind... not good likely.
They had the correct play called and Flacco left it a yard short with noone near the receiver standing at the first down marker. Pretty weak actually.
But Harbaugh made the correct decision, especially if they had that play scouted as a winner.

sentinel33
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
i think farrior got a finger on that 4th down pass by flacco, which caused it to fall just short.

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
i think farrior got a finger on that 4th down pass by flacco, which caused it to fall just short.

Nope just a noodle arm throw by Flacco...Wrong mechanics by Flacco on that throw..

Starlifter
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
straight up honest question. how many here thought they had a great chance to convert 4th and 2? If I were Harbough I wouldn't have kicked either. 51 yards into a swirling win when we've been giving up 3rd and 4th downs all night? I was praying for them to kick cause I thought they'd convert and that was our best chance to win.

Although I also thought when Bmac went down our odds improved..... :tt1 :tt1

Tomlinator
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
straight up honest question. how many here thought they had a great chance to convert 4th and 2? If I were Harbough I wouldn't have kicked either. 51 yards into a swirling win when we've been giving up 3rd and 4th downs all night? I was praying for them to kick cause I thought they'd convert and that was our best chance to win.

Sadly, I thought they'd get it and we'd go into OT. We rarely get those breaks lately.

Just to skew off to the earlier 4th down completion to Boldin earlier in that last drive - their slot guy lined up offsides. Just wanted to drop that in here because it bugged me that it seemd so obvious but there was no flag. I don't know if being 5 yards farther back wouold have made that much of a difference given our secondary, but I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

:tt1

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 01:20 PM

I was right there with you Starlifter. I was praying for them to attempt the FG. I thought for sure if they went for it we would line up with that 10 yard cushion which would give them an automatic 1st down.

Many called for DL to be more aggressive and he was last night. Even though we gave up some big plays I liked us playing aggressive. I hope we keep it up.