PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 09:14 AM
The Good:
1. Ben is a warrior. Put him in a foxhole with me on the front lines anytime.
2. Mendy is a battler. Imagine the season he would be having behind a quality OL.
3. Issac Redman. Never was a fan of his but the guy delivered. :Bow
4. DL. Getting it done without missing a beat. Hood gets better every week.
5. Troy. He exists in another universe separate from us mere mortals. He saves the team again.

The Bad:
1. Refs aren't even hiding the fact that they are screwing us.
2. Defensive secondary looks like Keystone Cops.
3. OL is barely being held together with duct tape and baling wire.
4. Could we please stop dropping passes on third down? Please!!!!
5. Injuries!!!! Tomlin will never use that as an excuse but I think this will eventually catch up with us more than our opponents abilities.

The Ugly:
1. What else? Ben's nose!!!!

msp26505
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
The Ugly:

For the most part, Ben has already regained most of his fans after this off-season.

But last night (and his nose in particular) put a bit of an exclamation point on it.

Not that those who hate the Steelers will ever come around, but any leftover Steeler fans who were holding out on cheering for Ben are probably back on the Ben Bandwagon.

flippy
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
The Great:

- David Johnson is a complete TE. Too bad BA doesn't realize it.
- Sushi was an effective punter and he put another 45 yarder right between the uprights.
- THe Strip Sack was the best play call of Lebeau's career. Line up Troy and Harrison on the left and Timmons to the right and send them all after the QB. Good luck blocking all 3 of those guys. Timmons is the guy that freed Troy to make that play.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
The Great:

- Sushi was an effective punter and he put another 45 yarder right between the uprights.
- THe Strip Sack was the best play call of Lebeau's career. Line up Troy and Harrison on the left and Timmons to the right and send them all after the QB. Good luck blocking all 3 of those guys. Timmons is the guy that freed Troy to make that play.

Sorry but I don't see Johnson as anything other than very mediocre as a blocker.

You're right Timmons did make that play. So explain why the last two weeks LeBeau is taking him off the field for put Anthony Madison in as an extra DB. Madison has to be one of the worst DBs in the NFL so we take out one of the most explosive players in the NFL for him. LeBeau is losing it :stirpot

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Add to "The Good:"

Got to love the potential we are seing from Manny Sanders and Brown. Seems like we have two good young WRs.

Plus they are actually seeing playing time unlike our defensive rookies :stirpot

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:26 AM
The Great:

Sorry but I don't see Johnson as anything other than very mediocre as a blocker.

You're right Timmons did make that play. So explain why the last two weeks LeBeau is taking him off the field for put Anthony Madison in as an extra DB. Madison has to be one of the worst DBs in the NFL so we take out one of the most explosive players in the NFL for him. LeBeau is losing it :stirpot

Re: Johnson, he gets low leverage and does ok when he makes contact. However BA doesn't help him by running 99% of the time he's on the field making it harder for him to block.

I think he could be decent in a more traditional HBack role than strictly as a FB.

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I would put Mendy in the bad for this game

Our RB played like a sissy...Ben threw at him twice and he bailed out...maybe it was a good business decision...or maybe he thought that play would have resulted in yardage loss.

Also i did not like the spin move/take it outside when it was 2nd and 1. He lost couple of yards on that play.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Our RB played like a sissy...Ben threw at him twice and he bailed out...maybe it was a good business decision...or maybe he thought that play would have resulted in yardage loss.

Also i did not like the spin move/take it outside when it was 2nd and 1. He lost couple of yards on that play.

I agree that Mendy did not have one of his best games but I don't think he bailed out on the one pass in the flat when Suggs was bearing down.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM

I agree that Mendy did not have one of his best games but I don't think he bailed out on the one pass in the flat when Suggs was bearing down.

I watched that a couple of times. I really don't think he saw the ball until it was past him.

papillon
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM

I watched that a couple of times. I really don't think he saw the ball until it was past him.

Alligator arms, but probably still a good decision. He would have lost yardage and taken a wallop from Suggs.

Pappy

Tomlinator
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
The Good:
1. Ben is a warrior. Put him in a foxhole with me on the front lines anytime.
2. Mendy is a battler. Imagine the season he would be having behind a quality OL.3. Issac Redman. Never was a fan of his but the guy delivered. :Bow
4. DL. Getting it done without missing a beat. Hood gets better every week.
5. Troy. He exists in another universe separate from us mere mortals. He saves the team again.

The Bad:
1. Refs aren't even hiding the fact that they are screwing us.
2. Defensive secondary looks like Keystone Cops.
3. OL is barely being held together with duct tape and baling wire.
4. Could we please stop dropping passes on third down? Please!!!!
5. Injuries!!!! Tomlin will never use that as an excuse but I think this will eventually catch up with us more than our opponents abilities.

The Ugly:

I really wish Mendenhall would just run. He jitterbugged around too much last night for my taste. I really wanted him to pick a hole and just burst through.

I have another Ugly - Can we get some more video of Suggs muscleman pose? Posturing after every play is weak, and that was seriously goofy looking every time he did that.

RussBII
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

My problem was that he hit very few holes hard. I think the few plays he's bounced out for huge gains have gotten into his head. He's looking for a home run against a defense that just won't allow it. There' was at least one 3rd or 2nd and short where he HAD it. Sure he was gonna get tackled right on the line, but he had it. Instead, he danced around a little bit, went wide, that closed up and went back into the hole that had since closed.

Drove me a little mad.

That's really my only complaint.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I agree with those saying Mendenhall needs to realize that sometimes he just has to run as hard and powerful as he can in a straight line. No sense dancing around when you need one or two yards.

focosteeler
12-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I would add a good that we are starting to throw the short ball to wallace....it will help keep db's from cheating 12 yards back all the time. he is becoming more a complete wr every week in my opinion

pittpete
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I really wish Mendenhall would just run. He jitterbugged around too much last night for my taste. I really wanted him to pick a hole and just burst through.
Amen brother.
Dont get me wrong, Mendy brings a lot to the table but stop trying to bounce it outside and run North/South.

The Good
Ben is an absolute man-beast.
The defense was tremendous.
Suisham is pretty reliable.

The Ugly
Scott was beaten like a red-headed stepchild and made Kemo's performance last week look good
Clark is FN slowwwwwww
O-line
the refs

Dee Dub
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I would add one other bad....

Rashard's Mendenhall being afraid of getting hit and letting two perfectly thrown balls go with out any effort to try and catch them and make a play.

Not good.

birtikidis
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
The Great:

Re: Johnson, he gets low leverage and does ok when he makes contact. However BA doesn't help him by running 99% of the time he's on the field making it harder for him to block.

I think he could be decent in a more traditional HBack role than strictly as a FB.
I disagree about making him a traditional HBack, i think if he lined up as a traditional tightend he'd be a good blocker. unfortunately they have him playing similar to an hback or fullback, and that, he is not.

birtikidis
12-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Rashard's Mendenhall being afraid of getting hit and letting two perfectly thrown balls go with out any effort to try and catch them and make a play.

Not good.
the first i had no problem with. he would have lost two yards. he knew it. had nothing to do with being a sissy. he saw the guy closing on him and knew that he'd take a loss. i thought it was smart. i didn't see the second though..

feltdizz
12-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Not good.
the first i had no problem with. he would have lost two yards. he knew it. had nothing to do with being a sissy. he saw the guy closing on him and knew that he'd take a loss. i thought it was smart. i didn't see the second though..

I think he thought it was going to someone else... it had some heat on it and the way he pulled up on it looked like he thought it was going to someone in the flat.

If he had croc arms he needs to be disciplined. That could turn into a pick 6.

Dee Dub
12-06-2010, 04:13 PM

Not good.

But you dont know. Sometimes all it takes is a slight move and a tackler could miss. I say catch the ball and worry about nothing other than making a play. That type of mentality carries over. Sure enough he did it again over the middle.