PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Has Keenan Lewis ever done anything that makes you think he has any potential. He just does the most boneheaded things. I'd cut him!!

I really thought Joe Burnett was the better CB!!

steelblood
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
burnett was a ballhawk and looked like a decent nickelback/dimeback. unfortunately, he dropped that ball vs the raiders and never really got another shot.

i'd activate crezdon butler; he has good instincts at least.

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
burnett was a ballhawk and looked like a decent nickelback/dimeback. unfortunately, he dropped that ball vs the raiders and never really got another shot.

at least Burnett was in position to get a pick.

I also remember Burnett making some plays on special teams...did he become a crack addict in the offseason?? I dont get it

D Rock
12-06-2010, 08:49 AM
he never signed with anyone else. Don't be surprised to see him back next offseason.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 08:51 AM

I also remember Burnett making some plays on special teams...did he become a crack addict in the offseason?? I dont get it

I said it when they were drafted Burnett is a better CB than Keenan Lewis. I still believe that. Lewis looks very much like another Ricardo Coclough to me.

Burnett is still available and I hope we bring him back.

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:56 AM

I said it when they were drafted Burnett is a better CB than Keenan Lewis. I still believe that. Lewis looks very much like another Ricardo Coclough to me.

Burnett is still available and I hope we bring him back.

WHen they cut him, I thought I really missed something ...I think I made a post about it but really never heard any explanation to how he could see the field as a rookie and then all the sudden be gone the next year.

LEWIS has never looked comfortable or natural out there.
BURNETT on the other hand looked like he understood the game.

Ghost
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
If Butler can't get on the field now or even dress then that says a lot. We're 13 weeks into the season. is he not getting the playbook or is he just not a player?

fezziwig
12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Was last night the second game in a row that Lewis ran out of bounds only to come back in ?

All Lewis does is want to fight anyway and we don't need stupid non talented guys like that. Yes, Burnett was at least able to cover even if he had stone hands.

ramblinjim
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
If Burnett is still on the street, then he can't play. The way injuries have mounted this year for all 32 teams, there aren't very many "pretty darn good players" out there right now.

aggiebones
12-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Jim that's what I was thinking.

I don't mind bringing him back next offseason. But if at that position (CB), he's still on the street, yikes. He not even the bums of the league are bothering with him.

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Was last night the second game in a row that Lewis ran out of bounds only to come back in ?

Thats what i thought...he had a similar penalty in previous game...but people in chat said he was pushed out of bounds if that is the case then its a bad call by the REFs.

pittpete
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Last night I said to myself,"every time this guy is in he does something boneheaded".

Tomlinator
12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Isn't Lewis buddies with Wallace from way back? You'd think there'd be some talk about work ethic and desire between friends. Maybe Lewis just dosen't get it.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Isn't Lewis buddies with Wallace from way back? You'd think there'd be some talk about work ethic and desire between friends. Maybe Lewis just dosen't get it.

Lewis and Wallace have been friends from childhood. For some reason Lewis doesn't appear to be picking things up. I still say we take him through another training camp and if he still appears to not get it cut the apron strings.

I always thought highly of Burnett and I am not sure what happened. He had the one bad pre-season game this past summer and then he was gone. I'd like for them to give him another chance.

fezziwig
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
To me Burnett seemed like he was never going to take the next step. He showed a glimps or two but never seemed like he can make things happen. Not a lot of viewing or playing time for me to actually say this all for positive, just the feeling I got when watching him.

feltdizz
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
he was pushed out... it was a terrible call. He shouldn't have been so close to the sideline but it was obvious he was shoved twice.

Refs weren't that good last night and both punts inside the 5 were called back on some bogus flags.

We also had a 1st down wiped out on a 6 men on the line call... yet the replay showed 7 on the line.

birtikidis
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM
he was pushed out... it was a terrible call. He shouldn't have been so close to the sideline but it was obvious he was shoved twice.

Refs weren't that good last night and both punts inside the 5 were called back on some bogus flags.

We also had a 1st down wiped out on a 6 men on the line call... yet the replay showed 7 on the line.
I agree 100% with the Lewis calls. I think they called it because he didn't fight hard to get back in... i know that's a bs call, but it is what it is.
I think the 5 men on the line call was pretty close. Essex needs to know where he is. It's why I HATE that we play our tackles at guard so much. They lose reps at their natural position and little crap like that happens.

feltdizz
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM

I agree 100% with the Lewis calls. I think they called it because he didn't fight hard to get back in... i know that's a bs call, but it is what it is.
I think the 5 men on the line call was pretty close. Essex needs to know where he is. It's why I HATE that we play our tackles at guard so much. They lose reps at their natural position and little crap like that happens.

but on the next play he was lined up in the same position and they called nothing. Even Collinsworth said it was an iffy call.

papillon
12-06-2010, 05:07 PM

but on the next play he was lined up in the same position and they called nothing. Even Collinsworth said it was an iffy call.

You can only conspire to beat the Steelers so many times per game, twice in a row would have had people looking for the single bullet theory. :stirpot :P

Pappy