PDA

View Full Version : Ravens timekeeper cheats and the NFL lets him

Crash
12-06-2010, 03:54 AM
The kickoff after Redman's TD, took one second. Ben saw it, told coaches, the refs never changed it.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 04:03 AM
The kickoff after Redman's TD, took one second. Ben saw it, told coaches, the refs never changed it.

if the clock is supposed to start when Suisham kicks the ball and the entire play only took one second then I would say that Suisham needs to seriously improve the hang time on his kickoffs...

Crash
12-06-2010, 04:49 AM
"A hand came through my facemask and, the next thing I knew, blood was running down my face," Roethlisberger said. "I said to [referee Terry McAulay], 'He hit me in the head.' He said, 'He was just trying to tackle you.'

So what? Do the rules not apply to Nagata?

Unfucing real.

jj28west
12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
"A hand came through my facemask and, the next thing I knew, blood was running down my face," Roethlisberger said. "I said to [referee Terry McAulay], 'He hit me in the head.' He said, 'He was just trying to tackle you.'

So what? Do the rules not apply to Nagata?

Unfucing real.

I saw a game earlier this year where a DE or LB came around the end to try to knock out the ball from behind the QB as he was ready to throw it but instead brazed his helmet and got a 15 yarder for it.

If Ben was a wus type QB and flopped like a Brady he may have been able to draw the foul.

As far as the clock I thought the timekeeper got sloppy with the clock during the Ravens last drive also. The very 1st play which I believe was a pass the clock got stuck a little longer then it should have.

NJ-STEELER
12-06-2010, 07:20 AM

if the clock is supposed to start when Suisham kicks the ball and the entire play only took one second then I would say that Suisham needs to seriously improve the hang time on his kickoffs...

no it starts once the receiver gains possession

still a good 5 seconds maybe more

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
We won the game, but in the essence of piling on. Shouldn't it have been a penalty on the near sack at the end of the game where the rusher grabbed Ben by the base of his helmet and yanked? And, of course, the Heath hit. Last night's officialing was a joke.

And apparently I am wrong abotu this, but I thought it was a penalty to call for a fair catch and not make an attempt at it.

D Rock
12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
We won the game, but in the essence of piling on. Shouldn't it have been a penalty on the near sack at the end of the game where the rusher grabbed Ben by the base of his helmet and yanked? And, of course, the Heath hit. Last night's officialing was a joke.

And apparently I am wrong abotu this, but I thought it was a penalty to call for a fair catch and not make an attempt at it.

No, you don't have to attempt to catch it, but I don't think you can call for a fair catch and then initiate contact with a player on the coverage team. Something along those lines. And you can't try to advance the ball, which it seemed like some Steelers players were mad that Ed Reed did on the play the Steelers got a penalty on when Suisham dropped it inside the 5...for a second time....and had to re-kick.

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM

No, you don't have to attempt to catch it, but I don't think you can call for a fair catch and then initiate contact with a player on the coverage team. Something along those lines. And you can't try to advance the ball, which it seemed like some Steelers players were mad that Ed Reed did on the play the Steelers got a penalty on when Suisham dropped it inside the 5...for a second time....and had to re-kick.

Thanks D-rock.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
And you can't try to advance the ball, which it seemed like some Steelers players were mad that Ed Reed did on the play the Steelers got a penalty on when Suisham dropped it inside the 5...for a second time....and had to re-kick.

You can't try to advance the ball if you catch it in the air, but once the ball hits the ground then all bets are off.