PDA

View Full Version : If Steeler Nation believed in a conspiracy before this game-

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 03:16 AM
this game is only going to reinforce that belief...

Steelers Vs. Ravens Sunday Night Football: Heath Miller Concussed

By Brian DiTullio (Featured Columnist) on December 5, 2010

Heath Miller suffered a concussion in the Sunday Night Football game, and became yet another Pittsburgh Steeler to suffer a blow to the head that wasn't flagged by the refs.

If the Steelers believe there is a conspiracy against the team this year by the referees and the league, the Sunday night game didn't do anything to change that perception.

Ben Roethlisberger had his nose broken earlier in the game due to an unflagged blow to the head, and Heath Miller got a devastating shot to the head while defenseless that also wasn't flagged.

The game was one big series of hard hits, and the Ravens delivered most of the big ones. The league will be busy reviewing tapes tomorrow, and this game will get special scrutiny. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is up to each individual to determine, but if there are no fines levied against the Ravens for "bad" hits, then there really is something wrong with the way the league is reviewing the hits and handing down fines.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5353 ... -concussed (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/535319-adrian-peterson-brett-favre-and-sudays-biggest-nfl-stories/entry/33036-steelers-vs-ravens-sunday-night-football-heath-miller-concussed)

Crash
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Three cheapshots on Ben in 2 weeks.

NOT ONE FUC<ING FLAG!

anger 82&amp;95
12-06-2010, 07:50 AM
this game is only going to reinforce that belief...

Steelers Vs. Ravens Sunday Night Football: Heath Miller Concussed

By Brian DiTullio (Featured Columnist) on December 5, 2010

Heath Miller suffered a concussion in the Sunday Night Football game, and became yet another Pittsburgh Steeler to suffer a blow to the head that wasn't flagged by the refs.

If the Steelers believe there is a conspiracy against the team this year by the referees and the league, the Sunday night game didn't do anything to change that perception.

Ben Roethlisberger had his nose broken earlier in the game due to an unflagged blow to the head, and Heath Miller got a devastating shot to the head while defenseless that also wasn't flagged.

The game was one big series of hard hits, and the Ravens delivered most of the big ones. The league will be busy reviewing tapes tomorrow, and this game will get special scrutiny. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is up to each individual to determine, but if there are no fines levied against the Ravens for "bad" hits, then there really is something wrong with the way the league is reviewing the hits and handing down fines.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5353 ... -concussed (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/535319-adrian-peterson-brett-favre-and-sudays-biggest-nfl-stories/entry/33036-steelers-vs-ravens-sunday-night-football-heath-miller-concussed)Here’s a verbatim quote by the official NFL highlight announcer regarding the H. Miller cheap shot: “there was no penalty on the play which is remarkable.” In the background you can hear the other announcer say “it’s a helmet to helmet hit.”

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
I'll say it again, the fix is in. Goodell no way wants to hand the Super Bowl trophy to Ben or to the player he has made a poster child for excessive violence.

Despite how hard they are trying, the league can't keep them out of the play offs but they sure won't let them get to the Super Bowl.

Anyone who doesn't think something is "rotten in New York" needs to wake up.

flippy
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
There was also a horse collar tackle on Ben.

So far this season:

Ben - broken nose
Ben - broken foot
Hines - concussion
Miller - concussion

no penalties and $0 in fines.

Ghost
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
The NFL has already admmitted it was a mistake not to flag the Miller hit. Eithe Michaels or Collinsworth said late in the game they had spoken with the head of officiating who admitted they blew the call and most definitely hsould have been a 15 yarder for leading with the helmet.

How it got missed is another story. There is no excuse - it was out in the wide open.

Eich
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Teams can do whatever they want to Ben. It won't get flagged. Imagine if someone broke pretty boy's nose?

However, being that this game was on national TV and Collingsworth did his duty to point out how egregious that hit on Miller was, I will be SHOCKED if there's no fine for it. That's got to be $25k minimum.

But I don't know how you can come to any conclusion other than the league has a different set of guidlines for the Steelers.

Did anyone notice how Harrison was doing things more "gently" last night? He was still a beast but he was helping guys off the ground and obviously channging his ways. I prefer the meaner Silverback, who reminded you of Lambert. I guess the days of that kind of attitude are over.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
The NFL has already admmitted it was a mistake not to flag the Miller hit. Eithe Michaels or Collinsworth said late in the game they had spoken with the head of officiating who admitted they blew the call and most definitely hsould have been a 15 yarder for leading with the helmet.

How it got missed is another story. There is no excuse - it was out in the wide open.

That's the game they are playing. After the fact they are saying "ooops, we missed one." But that isn't helping us during games so there admissions are meaningless. They get to screw us and then try to seem like they are apologizing but in the end we are screwed.

fezziwig
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
When they flag Harrison they have to use slow motion on the films to prove their point. Here with the hit on Miller and Ben, there was no replay needed to defend anyones complaints, a blind man could see our guys were being abused with no refs to throw the flags or no refs that want to throw the flags on opposing teams.

It's settled in my books, " the Steelers/Harrison are marked men "

Djfan
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
When they flag Harrison they have to use slow motion on the films to prove their point. Here with the hit on Miller and Ben, there was no replay needed to defend anyones complaints, a blind man could see our guys were being abused with no refs to throw the flags or no refs that want to throw the flags on opposing teams.

It's settled in my books, " the Steelers/Harrison are marked men "

$$

ramblinjim
12-06-2010, 09:58 AM
I hate to agree with the conspiracy stuff but I do. I'll go and get some tin foil to make a hat now. But goodness some of those hits out there are brutal and should have drawn flags, I don't get it.

Plus why would Goodell hate us? Great owner, great fans, fantastically run organization for decades. What's his effing problem?

papillon
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
I hate to agree with the conspiracy stuff but I do. I'll go and get some tin foil to make a hat now. But goodness some of those hits out there are brutal and should have drawn flags, I don't get it.

Plus why would Goodell hate us? Great owner, great fans, fantastically run organization for decades. What's his effing problem?

He's an @ssh0le of epic proportions; I hope this helps. :P

Pappy

Steelgal
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM

I think Goodell's issue is with Roethlisberger. Anyone who brings shame/scandal to the NFL (not named Favre) is in Rog's dog house. Nevermind that no charges were ever brought. The appearance of wrong doing by Ben is why Goodell is against the Steelers IMO.

siss
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM

I think Goodell's issue is with Roethlisberger. Anyone who brings shame/scandal to the NFL (not named Favre) is in Rog's dog house. Nevermind that no charges were ever brought. The appearance of wrong doing by Ben is why Goodell is against the Steelers IMO.
If thats the case then Goodell should have thrown him out of the league.

flippy
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I hope it's an all PA SuperBowl.

The Dog Whisperer vs The Ladies Man

Goodell will have a coronary. That's our only hope.

fezziwig
12-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I think the pats have Goodell in their pocket or, they want more teams to have their chance in winning Super Bowls or having their time in the spotlight. Whatever it is Goodell, has a hard on for the Steelers.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
you cannot hit a QB in the head... :HeadBanger

NFL reviewing Haloti Ngata’s hit on Roethlisberger

The National Football Post

http://img2.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/68081968-big-ben.jpg

OWINGS MILLS, Md.—Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl defensive tackle Haloti Ngata's hit on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is under review by the league office to determine if he'll face a fine, according to a league spokesman.

Ngata wasn't penalized for the play where his hand struck Roethlisberger to the face.

Roethlisberger suffered a broken nose and was scheduled to undergo surgery today to repair the damage.

Roethlisberger didn't miss any snaps as a result of the injury, which caused his nose to bleed and be twisted.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=n ... hlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101206_nfl_reviewing_haloti_ngatas_hit_on_roethl isberger)

Chavezz
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Roethlisberger didn't miss any snaps as a result of the injury, which caused his nose to bleed and be twisted.

Twisted? TWISTED?

That's called BROKEN. What's up with that? Are they trying to change the wording so it doesn't sound as bad?

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/steelers-ra ... plain.html (http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/steelers-ravens-game-showcases-inconsistency-in-nfl-officiating-gives-steelers-right-to-complain.html)