PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Crazy But....

hoosierpete
12-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Which win do you appreciate more, the Super Bowl win vs. the Seahawks or tonight's win vs. the ratbirds?

Starlifter
12-06-2010, 02:09 AM
no brainer. ugly as it was, we had waited far too long for 'one for the thumb'. If I had to choose which rats game was most memorable, it was the AFCG on our way to SB #6. Nothing like beating the rats 3 times in one year on our way to another world championship......

AkronSteel
12-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Which win do you appreciate more, the Super Bowl win vs. the Seahawks or tonight's win vs. the ratbirds?

The Super Bowl win for sure. I was 4 years old in 1979 and I don't remember the games or teams from the 70's. The first real Steelers game I remember was the 81 Cleveland/Pittsburgh game in Cleveland. The Super Bowl XL win was the win I had been waiting for my whole life. It is something I will always remember. I still get choked up when I watch replays of that game.....It will hold a special place for me always!!!

:tt1

papillon
12-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Super Bowl wins > than any other game

Pappy

hoosierpete
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
I understand everyone's response. I've been a Steelers fan since 1978 and the Seahawks SB win was a RELIEF! The media / controversial non-calls took away some of the enjoyment of the win for me. Tonight was pure pleasure baby!

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I understand everyone's response. I've been a Steelers fan since 1978 and the Seahawks SB win was a RELIEF! The media / controversial non-calls took away some of the enjoyment of the win for me. Tonight was pure pleasure baby!

I refused to let those whiny little beyotches take one single ounce of enjoyment away from me there. Blaming the refs for a double digit loss? Seriously? Particularly since the Darrell Jackson pushoff and the hold on Haggans were both legit. The only bad call that I think came out of that game was the extra 10 yards they gave us for blocking Hasselbeck during Ike's INT return (but that certainly didn't have a huge impact on the outcome of that game). They gave up the 76 yard TD to Parker. They gave up the pass from Randle El to Ward. They need to quit their d@mn whining.

RussBII
12-06-2010, 03:29 PM
The 2008 AFCC game. Only because I was there.

My sister thought I had died after Troy plucked that ball from the air and took it to the house.

But between these two games? You gotta go with the SB win. I did not cry after last nights game...

SteelerNation1
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM

My sister thought I had died after Troy plucked that ball from the air and took it to the house.

But between these two games? You gotta go with the SB win. I did not cry after last nights game...
Money line Russ. I was giddy last night and still am today. I wept tears of joy in the stands after XL!

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Funny part about last night's game . . . I was pretty quiet and stoic for most fo the game, seemingly taking my medicine in the form of a dominating loss. The officials, more than anything, got my juices flowing. The Ben hit was the first straw, then the hit on Heath was the second. By the time Ben had his helmet grabbed on the throwaway, I was ready to leap through the screen. I started to take on this "I want us to win this one so bad to shove it up the league's ^&*. When Redman scored, kids sleppign and all, i let out one fo the biggest roars from me in a long time. Last night was an emotional win for me because I am starting to take on the us against the league persona.

fezziwig
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
always the super bowl wins

skyhawk
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Pete, yer crazy ;)