PDA

View Full Version : GRIT AND DETERMINATION

pick6
12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
If tomlin can somehow get all of these guys to play with the same grit and determination that they played with toward the end of the 4th quarter, WE WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO BEAT.

1. POLY CAME WITH FULL INTENTIONS AND FOCUS ON THAT STRIP SACK.

2. BEN DENYING..... WAIT A MINUTE... IM GONNA SAY IT.... MANHANDLING SUGGS THEN PITCHING IT AWAY. NO OTHER QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL COULD HAVE DONE THAT AT FULL HEALTH, LET ALONE A BROKEN NOSE AND A BROKEN FOOT.

3. THEN REDMAN DOES NOT GO DOWN... AFTER SHOWING SOME SUSPICIOUS TENDENCIES EARLIER IN THE GAME.

papillon
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
If tomlin can somehow get all of these guys to play with the same grit and determination that they played with toward the end of the 4th quarter, WE WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO BEAT.

1. POLY CAME WITH FULL INTENTIONS AND FOCUS ON THAT STRIP SACK.

2. BEN DENYING..... WAIT A MINUTE... IM GONNA SAY IT.... MANHANDLING SUGGS THEN PITCHING IT AWAY. NO OTHER QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL COULD HAVE DONE THAT AT FULL HEALTH, LET ALONE A BROKEN NOSE AND A BROKEN FOOT.

3. THEN REDMAN DOES NOT GO DOWN... AFTER SHOWING SOME SUSPICIOUS TENDENCIES EARLIER IN THE GAME.

What happened to unprofessional? :P Did winning the game change your perspective? :D

Pappy

pick6
12-06-2010, 02:14 AM
no way they still need to tighten the ship. there just good enough to overcome alot of mistakes. we have to see the cheats again and these mistakes have to be reduced. its hard enough as it is. but i get your point. haha

papillon
12-06-2010, 02:19 AM
no way they still need to tighten the ship. there just good enough to overcome alot of mistakes. we have to see the cheats again and these mistakes have to be reduced. its hard enough as it is. but i get your point. haha

In all fairness there were a lot players playing tonight that didn't really expect to see as much action as they did. Collinsworth mentioned on Redman's TD that he's probably practiced that hot read twice in his life and yet he made the correct read and then heart got him into the end zone.

I thought the Steelers played well under the circumstances (don't forget the game was in Baltimore as well and that will cause some mistakes). It's a good win, enjoy it and look forward to the Bengals game this coming week. It's good to be a Steeler fan.

Pappy

pick6
12-06-2010, 02:33 AM
your absolutely right but its just that there are those little things that i think tomlin can coach up a little better. example, somebody has to tell mendy that when its 2nd and 2 against the ravens stop the east and west dance and just get the first. first crease that you see, get low and run hard and get us a fresh set of downs to work with. but then again he did bounce one to the outside against them last game. i think for a td.

that call against suh was terrible, in the bears game, what do you think.

papillon
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
your absolutely right but its just that there are those little things that i think tomlin can coach up a little better. example, somebody has to tell mendy that when its 2nd and 2 against the ravens stop the east and west dance and just get the first. first crease that you see, get low and run hard and get us a fresh set of downs to work with. but then again he did bounce one to the outside against them last game. i think for a td.

that call against suh was terrible, in the bears game, what do you think.

Yup, Suh's call was BS as well all he did was push him really hard.

I'm certain the Mike Tomlin has addressed this with Mendenhall. He addressed his fumbling and Mendenhall has corrected that problem. I have confidence that the east-west thing will stop over time as well.

IMO, Mike Tomlin is doing a masterful job this year as coach of the Steelers given the adversity and injuries. They are 9-3 in the NFL where wins are precious and difficult to come by when you are healthy and playing with your best football players. The fact that they are winning games with the depleted offensive line is testament to the coaching staff overall.

Pappy

pick6
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah i see your point. And it reminds me of the other near disaster in the game, on that fake punt attempt that had to be aborted because of a false start. Wow, that would have gone for 30 or 40 yards, it was wide open and the perfect call. I think the Saints were about to try some hocus pocus on a fake field goal attempt also.

The message that other teams are sending to us is that for them it is Steelers week and they are willing to pull out everything to beat us because they know that they must. Punk boy toy tom brady going bananas on the side line for no apparent reason goes to show how important playing the steelers is to a team knowing how good they really are. playing us is test of manhood, skill, intellegence, and execution and I think Tomlin must find a way to use this is a mantra and point of focus for this team.