PDA

View Full Version : Only Ben

chiken
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
No other Qb in our league today could have won that game.. Not with that line - with 2 rookie receivers, all our pass catching Tight Ends out. Not to mention with a Busted foot and a Broken nose.. Against that team that hates us the way they do in their house.

I will never forget that performance.

frenchie
12-06-2010, 12:59 AM
:Agree Unbelievable!

AzStillers1989
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
trully amazing :tt2

sentinel33
12-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Just epic.

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Ben earned ultimate respect tonight. His courage is greatly appreciated.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
balls the size of churchbells.

just a monster performance.

AngryAsian
12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Wrestling away from Suggs to pull himself outside of the hash marks to shovel toss the ball out of bounds to not only save yardage by avoiding the sack, but to help stop the clock. Even azzzclown Collingsworth couldn't stop singing Ben's accolades. What a warrior.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
I feel privileged to have seen this game.

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 01:26 AM
One of his best performance.. :tt2

I will never forget this game... :tt2 :tt2

papillon
12-06-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm curious does anyone know what Ben's quarterback rating was for the game? An incredible performance and he'll probably have a like a 75 rating. Just shows you that the QB rating is for the stat gatherers and not real football players.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm curious does anyone know what Ben's quarterback rating was for the game? An incredible performance and he'll probably have a like a 75 rating. Just shows you that the QB rating is for the stat gatherers and not real football players.

Pappy

from ESPN:

B. Roethlisberger 22/38 253 yds 6.7 avg 1 TD 1 INT 75.9 Passer Rating

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Man, Ben's nose --- he looks like a hockey player. That's a compliment.

Great game, Ben. Heart of a Grizzly.

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM

Pappy

from ESPN:

And Peyton's 4 INT stinker (including 2 pick 6's) got him a 75.4 rating...virtually the same.

Those performances couldn't be any more different...Peyton is a fantasy QB, Ben is a football player. End of story.

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 01:59 AM

Pappy

from ESPN:

And Peyton's 4 INT stinker (including 2 pick 6's) got him a 75.4 rating...virtually the same.

Those performances couldn't be any more different...Peyton is a fantasy QB, Ben is a football player. End of story.
Money!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-06-2010, 02:23 AM
In the Planet Steelers FF week 13.........

Roethlisberger 10.35 points
Manning 12.09 points

I guess Ben didn't play as good as we thought :wink:

Crash
12-06-2010, 02:28 AM
It was obvious that Ben's ankle/foot got looser when the second half started because he started taking more drop backs and regular handoffs.

PSU_dropout43
12-06-2010, 02:43 AM

Pappy

from ESPN:

:Clap :Clap

LordVile
12-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Amazing heroics! So proud to be a STEELER MANIAC like the rest of you. My mom, who doesn't watch Football, was very entertained.. and appreciated the tenacity of Big Ben

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Amazing heroics! So proud to be a STEELER MANIAC like the rest of you. My mom, who doesn't watch Football, was very entertained.. and appreciated the tenacity of Big Ben

my Mom never watches the game either, she just cooks and makes sure everyone has too much to eat.

and like your Mom, she is entertained by watching her son screaming at the tv during Steelers games...

NJ-STEELER
12-06-2010, 03:00 AM
RoethlisWarrior

NJ-STEELER
12-06-2010, 03:01 AM
youtube that scene and tell me thats not troy playing cyrus

Scarletfire1970
12-06-2010, 07:56 AM
It was obvious that Ben's ankle/foot got looser when the second half started because he started taking more drop backs and regular handoffs.
Yeah, Collinsworth (Ben's biggest fan :D ) was pointing that out last night.

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:20 AM
I have never doubted Ben's toughness and grit!!

Suggs must be loathing the fact he couldn't take Ben down on that play. AWESOME!

Starlifter
12-06-2010, 08:28 AM
On NFL network after the game deon and michael were just gushing about Ben. They both pointed out he's no stat monster, except for the only stat that counts - wins.

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 08:51 AM
On NFL network after the game deon and michael were just gushing about Ben. They both pointed out he's no stat monster, except for the only stat that counts - wins.

I saw that.
I think people who've gotten 2nd chances in life really respect those who have gone thru the same thing.

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Nothing more to say. As emotional win, from me and the team, than I have ever seen.

flippy
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
The drama queen clearly faked the disfigured nose to add to the dramatics.

That was ketchup on his jersey.

Did anyone hear his toe was broken too? Cowher?

papillon
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
RoethlisWarrior

:Bow :Bow :Bow

Here's to Ben... :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

papillon
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, Collinsworth (Ben's biggest fan :D ) was pointing that out last night.

Personally, I like Collinsworth as a commentator he calls fairly based on what he sees, same with Aikmen. They give you a players perspective better than most. Collinsworth last night said on Redman's TD that he's probably practiced that hot read twice in his life, but he was prepared to do what needed to be done in a big spot in the game.

Pappy

pjgruden
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I've never been that enamored with Ben as I've always had a soft spot for Batch. That being said, I think I finally became a believer last night. I don't think that there is another qb in the game who could have played hurt like he did and do what he did. Illuding Suggs was a play I don't think you will ever see again, but that's the determination that he has. I think he matured a lot last night. He took what the defense gave him, and it worked. Almost as impressive was his quick huddle on the 4th down and geting the defense to jump. I've been waiting to see those kinds of instincts from him, and he delivered.

proudpittsburgher
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I've never been that enamored with Ben as I've always had a soft spot for Batch. That being said, I think I finally became a believer last night. I don't think that there is another qb in the game who could have played hurt like he did and do what he did. Illuding Suggs was a play I don't think you will ever see again, but that's the determination that he has. I think he matured a lot last night. He took what the defense gave him, and it worked. Almost as impressive was his quick huddle on the 4th down and geting the defense to jump. I've been waiting to see those kinds of instincts from him, and he delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad you came over to the good side and all, but it took this long to become a believer in Ben? Seriously?

papillon
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM

He's been the leader of this team for a long time. Thinking that Charlie Batch is anywhere near the quarterback that Ben Roethlisberger is a unique stance to take. Regardless, it's nice to see that you became a believer of the 2 time Super Bowl winning quarterback last night.

Pappy

pjgruden
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
No offense taken. I am rather stuborn. I just thought that Ben has made some boneheaded decisions with the ball over the years. I thought while Batch certainly isn't the athlete Ben is, he was better with his decision making. I'm glad to be proven wrong about something everyhone else knew a long time ago.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Ben has been set up to be the league's villian this season. He is the bad boy and he is not going to get any calls. He has a foot injury that severely restricted his mobility last night and then he gets his nose busted at the start of the game.

... and he goes out in enemy territory and gives it his all. I don't know how you can't admire this man's work on the football field. We are truly blessed to be able to see him play week after week.

To have Goodell present the team's seventh Lombardi to Ben would be too cool!! :tt2 :tt2

skyhawk
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Ben was a winner when he first stepped on the field in 2004 when Maddox went down. We all felt it.

I am not at all surprised at Ben's effort last night. That's just Ben being Ben. A true monster competitor.

That being said, I still tipped my hat in awe once again last night. :tt2

Chavezz
12-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Ben has been set up to be the league's villian this season. He is the bad boy and he is not going to get any calls. He has a foot injury that severely restricted his mobility last night and then he gets his nose busted at the start of the game.

... and he goes out in enemy territory and gives it his all. I don't know how you can't admire this man's work on the football field. We are truly blessed to be able to see him play week after week.

To have Goodell present the team's seventh Lombardi to Ben would be too cool!! :tt2 :tt2

Bingo. The NFL is enjoying the beating the Ben is taking. I'm sure they view this as "payback" for tarnishing the shield. You can't tell me that doesn't go into the decision making when it comes to penalties.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
this was one of the best pass incompletions I've ever seen Ben throw and a key play in the game... :Clap

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1129481/33038103E.jpg

Crash
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
No offense taken. I am rather stuborn. I just thought that Ben has made some boneheaded decisions with the ball over the years. I thought while Batch certainly isn't the athlete Ben is, he was better with his decision making. I'm glad to be proven wrong about something everyhone else knew a long time ago.

Yeah Batch has made great decisions. Knowing what to wear while on IR is a real toughie sometimes.