PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-06-2010, 12:50 AM
For me:

1) Ben. OMG. He is a legend forever. Our grandchildren will talk about him.

2) Troy. THE game changing play.

3) Harrison. What were his final numbers? Incredible!

4) And yes, for his first game ball of his young career - REDMAN.

What do you guys think?

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 12:52 AM
For me:

What do you guys think?

:Agree :tt2 :tt2

sentinel33
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
1. The Gamer

2.The Defense minus McFadden

3.Sweezy. No way Reed gets that performance done.

That was as impressive of a win that i have seen in some time by any team in the league. you wanna talk about grit. Terrell Owens owes Ben an apology.

Congratulations Steelers. Great Game.

steelsun7
12-06-2010, 12:56 AM
TROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel Blount's G
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
For me:

What do you guys think?
Pretty much.

Mo-Pounce had a solid game imo.

Everyone on D except B-Mac played good.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Defensive MVP - if Troy doesn't make that strip Redman doesn't even get the opportunity to make his hard-nosed, "I won't be denied" game-winning TD catch and run.

Runner-up - James Farrior. I have been very impressed with his play this season.

Offensive MVP - Isaac Redman. that was one helluva hard-nosed, "I won't be denied" game-winning TD catch and run. :D

Runner-up - Ben...just for his toughness alone.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ben-roethlisberger-nose-260x335.jpghttp://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mobile-detector//timthumb.php?src=http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ben-roethlisberger-nose2-260x332.jpg&w=250

Iron Shiek
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah everyone you guys mentioned but agree that Suisham needs some love. He drilled long fgs, punts looked good, Kickoffs (when there weren't offsides!) were nice. All around great game for him.

grotonsteel
12-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Wow...How was Ben breathing...???

Ben you rock... :tt2

SteelAbility
12-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Troy. I'll give Troy the pass on that Flacco TD. Troy is the safety. He's supposed to be reading the QB. The other defender was responsible for watching the receiver. Troy was routinely in position to either make plays or force the runner/receiver to his help. Not to mention the beautiful and timely strip of the ball.

papillon
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Okay, I'll put some fuel on the fire and give a game ball to Arians. Except for the two ill-advised runs from the 2 and then the 4 yard line on 1st and goal and 2nd goal he put the Steeler offense in a position to be successful.

Ward and Sanders each dropped critical 3rd down catches that may have made changed the complexion of the game. Passes on first down, spread offense to try and slow the rush, moving people around to try and avoid Suggs who was incredible, Arians did a good job.

Another game ball to Ben and of course, Mr. Raven killer Troy.

What a nice win for the Steelers, now they need to stomp the Bengals and really put a hammerlock on the division and the #2 seed.

Pappy

PSU_dropout43
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
For me:

What do you guys think?
:Clap :Clap :Clap

+ Suisham for his kicking and his punting.

DukieBoy
12-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Okay, I'll put some fuel on the fire and give a game ball to Arians. Except for the two ill-advised runs from the 2 and then the 4 yard line on 1st and goal and 2nd goal he put the Steeler offense in a position to be successful.

Ward and Sanders each dropped critical 3rd down catches that may have made changed the complexion of the game. Passes on first down, spread offense to try and slow the rush, moving people around to try and avoid Suggs who was incredible, Arians did a good job.

What a nice win for the Steelers, now they need to stomp the Bengals and really put a hammerlock on the division and the #2 seed.

Pappy
:shock:

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2010, 01:49 AM

Pappy

Perhaps Pap had a Heath-like blow to the head in ordre to come up with that first suggestion.

Steelgal
12-06-2010, 01:56 AM

Pappy

+1

I think that is the first time I've ever wondered what Pappy what thinking :shock:

AkronSteel
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Offense: Ben, without a doubt the adversity that this guy played through tonight was just awesome. I kept saying all night long that the guy may just be too bang up to continue and he kept getting off the mat to lead his team to the biggest win they have had since Super Bowl XLIII. Very impressive performance by our hall of fame QB!!!

Defense: Troy, the guy continues to make plays that are game changers. He made a play last week with the interception and this week he strips Flacco to pretty much gift wrap the game for his team!!! The guy is a stud, nothing else needs to be said.

Special Teams: Suisham, for his clutch FG kicking with a 40 some yarder into the wind and a big kick with a low snap. Plus the guy comes in and punts the ball and actually did a pretty decent job. Man....I'm glad we picked this dude up, what a difference he has made in just 3 short weeks!!!

Overall, this was a great team win and should build some momentum into the final quarter of the year.

papillon
12-06-2010, 02:04 AM

Pappy

+1

I think that is the first time I've ever wondered what Pappy what thinking :shock:

Not at all, the Steelers were down two tackles to start, lost Adams, Miller, ben was playing on one foot and Sepulveda went out with an injury (biggest loss in a field position game). Arians tried everything to get Suggs blocked, went to quick throws outside (that worked), Mendenhall didn't have a big night, but there were a few nice runs, went hurry up to change things up in the second half (that's a half time adjustment if you're counting), Hines and Sanders drop crucial 3rd down (converting to 1st if caught) balls, Pouncey struggled with Ngata and the Steelers were on the road.

The two runs from the two yard line with all the injuries were absolutely mind-boggling I'll admit that, but as far as putting the Steelers in a position to make plays I thought he did a good job. This was a game of field position, not a 21st century bullsh1t game where you get points like your playing pinball. You run an offense to play field position and move the sticks and take your shots when you get them.

The Steelers did that and the defense closed the door. My opinion stands, I think Arians did a good job, no concussion here. :moon :P

Pappy