PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Still Think....

BradshawsHairdresser
12-06-2010, 12:41 AM
...Isaac Redman doesn't belong on this team?

feltdizz
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
:tt2

BradshawsHairdresser
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I love Mendy, but I don't think Mendy makes that play.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I'll admit I'm becoming convinced. Seems to be rounding into a decent role player.

NWNewell
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think Redmen's tenacity, heart, and desire was every in question. He always ran hard and gave 110% every time he touched the ball. But heart and desire are not enough when you are not very good at other assignments. During his first year he was very unpolished, poor at blocking, and the other details that required to play the position.

The Steeler's took a gamble sending him the PS the first year (effectively redshirting him), but they knew just as everyone else is finding out that he was going to be a solid player.

I think they did the right thing in taking a year to develop him and then working him into the rotation as they do.

Not sure what the gripe is?

SidSmythe
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I never questioned his ability ... just his stamina.

I would like to see him get some more touches next week.

Shawn
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I would love to see Redman get 7-10 touches per game. We need Mendy fresh for the playoffs...assuming we don't melt down. Why not get a guy who has proven his worth a few more looks?

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't think Redmen's tenacity, heart, and desire was every in question. He always ran hard and gave 110% every time he touched the ball. But heart and desire are not enough when you are not very good at other assignments. During his first year he was very unpolished, poor at blocking, and the other details that required to play the position.

The Steeler's took a gamble sending him the PS the first year (effectively redshirting him), but they knew just as everyone else is finding out that he was going to be a solid player.

I think they did the right thing in taking a year to develop him and then working him into the rotation as they do.

I'm hoping we get 3x the contribution from Dwyer following the same approach.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
no more UPS driver jokes from the "experts" on this board.

where is joe burnett these days?

:roll:

BradshawsHairdresser
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM

No gripe, but as recently as September, there were people on this board saying Redman ought to be cut.

ikestops85
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM

I don't know where he is right now but I hope they are looking him up. :wink:

NorthCoast
12-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I guess I am one of the few that was irritated with Mendenhall's running last nite. It seems too often he is searching for the perfect hole before making his cut to the line. He has got to realize by now that there will be NO perfect holes with this current OL. He seems to do best when he just picks a crease and guns it. The Ravens D is just too fast for dancing, which he did at least a half dozen times.

We like Redman because there is no dance, just power running and mowing your guy over.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM

I don't know where he is right now but I hope they are looking him up. :wink:

Me too. 50% of our DBs are pretty underwhelming.

Shawn
12-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I really liked Burnett's nose for the ball.

birtikidis
12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I guess I am one of the few that was irritated with Mendenhall's running last nite. It seems too often he is searching for the perfect hole before making his cut to the line. He has got to realize by now that there will be NO perfect holes with this current OL. He seems to do best when he just picks a crease and guns it. The Ravens D is just too fast for dancing, which he did at least a half dozen times.

We like Redman because there is no dance, just power running and mowing your guy over.
I agree. I hate to see Mendy backtrack and try to find another hole.. he did it probably 3 times last night... drives me crazy. just put your head down and get the tough yards already.

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I agree. I hate to see Mendy backtrack and try to find another hole.. he did it probably 3 times last night... drives me crazy. just put your head down and get the tough yards already.

The problem is that if you relook at those plays the only thing he is going to find putting his head down is his OL's butts. They are usually stood up and getting no movement. There is not space for Mendy to put his head down and try to squeeze through

feltdizz
12-06-2010, 03:54 PM

He did it more than 3 times... It drives me crazy... pick a hole and hit it. When he does he is good for 3 to 4 yards but too many times last night he was dancing.

I love Redman. I did not think he was getting into the endzone on that pass. Also have to give Ben props for throwing short and trusting Redman. I don't think he makes that pass 2 years earlier...

Stewie
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
IMHO, there is no way that Mendy or Moore score on that play. Redman, that's MY dog!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... ec9cb7c6b8 (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Isaac-Redman---Post-Game---Ravens/297ec702-26e6-4f70-9dca-c712db025a52#?id=50cc169a-ab48-4a69-a3cf-66ec9cb7c6b8)

Oviedo
12-06-2010, 05:36 PM

He did it more than 3 times... It drives me crazy... pick a hole and hit it. When he does he is good for 3 to 4 yards but too many times last night he was dancing.

I love Redman. I did not think he was getting into the endzone on that pass. Also have to give Ben props for throwing short and trusting Redman. I don't think he makes that pass 2 years earlier...

Like I said there would actually have to be a hole to "hit it"

Crash
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Mendy is dancing too much again. Needs to get back to taking his losses.

Minus one yard is no where near as bad as minus 5.