PDA

View Full Version : On Fox: Harrison will be suspended today if he has another

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-05-2010, 02:44 PM
... another "flagrant penalty". They heard this from a "source" in the NFL. This was on Ticket760 radio just a few minutes ago.

If this happens, can he play while appealing?

TD386Steel
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I believe it. What can he do? If hes going in after the quarterback or in coverage he has to lay off and keep his head up.

AkronSteel
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
If he does get suspended then fine, take the suspension while the team plays the Bengals. That team from Kentucky quit weeks ago!!!

steelsnis
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't get it. I thought the threat of suspension was there to remove Helmet to Helmet hits from the game. I'm fine with that. But you can't suspend a guy for random penalties that are being called for all different reasons. "Landing with your full weight", "helmet to chest", etc.

DukieBoy
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
So, if James gets his third bogus penalty in 3 games, then they'll suspend him. And now that they've leaked it, the Goodell junta has further painted themselves into a corner.

focosteeler
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't get it. I thought the threat of suspension was there to remove Helmet to Helmet hits from the game. I'm fine with that. But you can't suspend a guy for random penalties that are being called for all different reasons. "Landing with your full weight", "helmet to chest", etc.

EXACTLY... all this crap started because of helmet to helmet hits. not "Landing with your full weight", "helmet to chest", harrisons first hits against the browns were helmet to helmet, after that he hasnt done that. i hope tonight he levels flacco WITH his shoulder and they throw a flag because then EVERYONE will know the NFL has it out for us.

DukieBoy
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
James' lawyers should sue Goodell et al for harrassment.

hawaiiansteel
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I still don't see how Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson can rip each other's helmets off and throw punches after the whistle and not get suspended while Deebo faces a possible suspension for hitting guys hard during the natural course of play.

on a side note, Titans CB Cortland Finnegan will now simply be known as "Innegan," because Texans WR Andre Johnson beat the F out of him...

Steelgal
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
on a side note, Titans CB Cortland Finnegan will now simply be known as "Innegan," because Texans WR Andre Johnson beat the F out of him...

My son came home from school this week and told me that joke. Pretty good, I thought.

DukieBoy
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I still don't see how Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson can rip each other's helmets off and throw punches after the whistle and not get suspended while Deebo faces a possible suspension for hitting guys hard during the natural course of play.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:Beer
:tt2

flippy
12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
But if he does something dirty after the whistle, it'll be ok.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I think the Steelers should put Stevenson Sylvester in at inside linebacker for one play. His sole mission, blitz the middle, get to Flacco, and proceed to punch him in the face multiple times just totally destroying him. Second play, Keenen Lewis comes up in press coverage and punches Boldin in the face with an uppercut sucker punch as hard as he can. 50k worth of fines for two of their top players screwed with. I will take it.

Tomlinator
12-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Absolutely ridiculous if this is true. There have been no illegal hits in the helmet to helmet sense since the Stains game to warrent this.

Chavezz
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
It wouldn't be 50. It's their first offense. LOL

brothervad
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow...just wow

What a way to try and influence an outcome of a game that has division/playoff ramifications.

Just having it out there is enough to create potential hesitation on JH's part.

I put a roof on this week and they screwed up my Direct TV...so no TV until Wednesday next week.

I was going to head down to a sports bar to watch the game, but you know what...I told my wife that I am having second thoughts and thinking about blowing off the game.

I have never done that in my 40+ years of being a Steeler fan.

I guess my money doesn't count in Goodell's world...cause if Harrison gets suspended, regardless...I am done.

I will come here that day and wish you all the best and never watch NFL football again.

I will enjoy college Football, college basketball, hockey and the hell with the NFL.

No more purchasing NFL merchandise and no more watching or going to NFL games.

I am going to send this post to Goodell's e-mail right after this...

It won't matter, but this crap is tainting the game.

brothervad

steelsnis
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Just heard Sal Paloantonio on ESPN Radio saying that Art II is at the game in person today in essence to show his support for the Steelers team that he feels is being singled out and scapegoated.

Went on to say that both Dan and Art are putting heat on Goodell for all of this...

birtikidis
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
is GODdell gonna be there?

Djfan
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
is GODdell gonna be there?

He is too much of a wussy to show his 140 lb frame in Heinz Field.

Smashmouth
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
According to coach Harbaugh, Harrison just needs to learn to play within the rules..... like LEWIS? Sure coach. :ratsuck

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Just heard Sal Paloantonio on ESPN Radio saying that Art II is at the game in person today in essence to show his support for the Steelers team that he feels is being singled out and scapegoated.

Went on to say that both Dan and Art are putting heat on Goodell for all of this...

Art II goes to all of the games. Dan coming in from Ireland for the game is out of the ordinary, though.