PDA

View Full Version : I don't see how the Steelers can score against the Ravens

MaxAMillion
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I expect the Steelers to lose tonight mainly because I don't see how they can score points. The Steelers can never run against the Ravens (most teams don't) and that means all the emphasis will be on throwing the ball. The Ravens will blitz the heck out of this awful OL and Ben's foot problems won't allow him to move around. It just seems like a really bad matchup. We also don't have our Ravens killer (thanks again to Baby Rooney for trading Holmes). I expect the Ravens to match up man to man on Sanders and Ward and double up on Wallace.

We will need special teams help and turnovers to win this game. I don't see the offense doing much.

steelsnis
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Way to head into the game with a good, positive attitude Max! :wink:

TD386Steel
12-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Way to head into the game with a good, positive attitude Max! :wink:

:lol:

DukieBoy
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I expect that the defense being shut-down will be necessary to win today.

Watching the Bill at Vikes, 31-7 Vikes at half ---- largely because they have pressured Fitzpatrick the whole game, forced him into bad throws, sacks, etc. We best commit to high pressure on Flacco all game.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Spread them out, throw from the shotgun, quick passes, use the pass to set up the run.
It can be done. Will the Steelers do that? We'll find out.

I have my doubts.

hawaiiansteel
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Spread them out, throw from the shotgun, quick passes, use the pass to set up the run.

I have my doubts.

you mean, as in adjust our offensive play calling? I'm afraid Brucie's solution will probably be to call even more bubble screens...

http://wolfpacksteelersfan.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/arians.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2010, 05:33 PM
The Ravens defense don't allow many points (188 so far this season), but our defense...the defense that gets ridiculed by many on this board...actually has allowed fewer points this year (181). Plus our offense has scored more points than they have this season (254 to 250).

People seems to be overreacting to our 3 point victory over Buffalo in OT.
Guess who also has a 3 point victory over Buffalo in OT? The Ravens do.

They lost to the crappy Bengals, who we beat.
They lost to the solid Falcons, who we beat.
We both lost to New England.
They beat us by 3 when we had Charlie Batch was at QB.

I don't understand how all of the sudden they are awesome and we suck.

flippy
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Ben will throw for 4 TDs and Harrison will murder someone.

We'll be ok.

calmkiller
12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't Feed the Troll.

Tomlinator
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM

We'll be ok.

And I don't think there's a flag for that. Just ask Ray Lewis.

Steelgal
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM

We'll be ok.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chavezz
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM

I have my doubts.

That's the winning formula imo as well, I'd also LOVE to see the hurry up offense. Do I expect to see it? NO.

pittpete
12-05-2010, 07:35 PM
You dont think Brucie will adjust, just like last years Cleveland game?
Sacasm/off

DukieBoy
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM

We'll be ok.

:Clap :Agree

hawaiiansteel
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
well Max,

we couldn't score against the Ravens in the first half...you're right so far.

Ghost
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
This offense looks PUTRID! Holy suckage!

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2010, 03:34 AM
I think the best way to score on the Ravens would be to send Troy Polamalu on a blitz and strip Flacco of the ball and then let LaMarr Woodley pick it up and run it to the ten yard line.

not to the two yard line, that would be too close...run it to the 10 yard line and after two futile Bruce Arians play calls throw a quick "hot" route to Isaac "Red Zone" Redman and let him make a spectacular run for the game-winning TD.

Discipline of Steel
12-06-2010, 07:58 AM
I think the best way to score on the Ravens would be to send Troy Polamalu on a blitz and strip Flacco of the ball and then let LaMarr Woodley pick it up and run it to the ten yard line.

not to the two yard line, that would be too close...run it to the 10 yard line and after two futile Bruce Arians play calls throw a quick "hot" route to Isaac "Red Zone" Redman and let him make a spectacular run for the game-winning TD.

Yeah but two times RUTFM set up a known passing situation which cleared out DBs and allowed Redzoneman to slip underneath for the TD! Brilliant playcalling IMHO :wink: