PDA

View Full Version : Ben not the only QB taking abuse

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Now you can add Mike Vick and Andy Reid to the list of QBs not named Brady or Manning (or not facing James Harrison) who don't think that they get calls that others do.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescripti ... fault.aspx (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/13005/Reid--refs-need-to-watch-hits-on-Vick/Default.aspx)

Reid: refs need to watch hits on Vick

According to Jonahtan Tamari of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles coach Andy Reid has seen his starting quarterback take a beating, and he hinted Friday that some of the hits involved may have crossed the line, but have not drawn a penalty flag.

"It bothers me," Reid said when a reporter asked about some of the big hits Vick has absorbed when he runs. "I see the same thing you're seeing. He does run, but he's still the quarterback and there has to be, you can't treat him like he's a running back there. That's not what the rules state."

Vick took another big heaping of abuse Thursday night from the Texans and got up slowly at times. He spent part of his time on the sideline riding an exercise bike in an apparent effort to stay loose.

Vick said Friday night that he is looking for penalty flags, to no avail.

"If you go back and watch the film, Iím getting hit after I throw the ball repeatedly, itís time after time after time. Iím getting my face mask pulled, Iím getting hit in the head, the calls are not being made," Vick said in an appearance on 610 AM WIP.

"Every time I get hit I look up at the ref and I see no flag. And I see other quarterbacks standing in the pocket, the minute they get touched thereís a flag on the field," he said.

Vick said he should get the same protection as any other quarterback, but that he gets treated differently because he is so mobile.

"This has been happening for the last 4 or 5 weeks, and I havenít complained, I havenít said anything, but itís getting to a point where Iím getting tired of getting up off the canvas," Vick said. "The defense is going to continue to do it because it's not getting called."

Reid declined to get into details when asked if he would address the hits on Vick with the NFL.

pittpete
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM
You'd see plenty of flags Mike if you played us this year..

BradshawsHairdresser
12-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Goodell's nightmare scenario: Philly vs. Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Goodell's nightmare scenario: Philly vs. Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.

I would ring my hands in glee if it happened. Kudos to Reid for sticking up for his QB when it is blatant. Tomlin should stick up for his QB. No mention from anyone about the hit that injured Ben when the Bills defenders were allowed to play WWF on Ben.

Scarletfire1970
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Goodell seems to like Vick. In fact most nfl fans seem to like him. Ben on the other hand is not very well liked.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Goodell seems to like Vick. In fact most nfl fans seem to like him. Ben on the other hand is not very well liked.

Pretty crazy right. One kills and tortures a multitude of helpless dogs, with their bodies being dug up on his property all over the place. The other simply gets accused by two skanky chicks of forcing them to get it on and there is no proof of these accusations.