PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see ASU versus Arizona last night?

Dee Dub
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Vontaze Burfict is a flat out beast. He is going to be a top 15 pick when he is eligible for the draft. He is the James Harrison of ILB in college. Straight monster.

I have to give it up though. WR Juron Criner is one big time play maker. Donít know why they donít get him the ball more?? If he declares for this yearís draft he is going to be a second round gem.

Lawrence Guy of ASU who has been hobbled by some nagging injuries is a prototypical 3-4 DE

How can you not like Arizonaís Brooks Reed? A Kevin Greene clone.

Keep your eyes out for ASU QB Brock Osweiler next year. 6 ft 8 freak who has a cannon of an arm. And inside the pocket heís pretty elusive for one so tall. Got a little bit of Ben Roethlisberger in him. When things break down he has a knack for making a play.

hawaiiansteel
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
did you see Alex Zendejas' punt for zero yards, officially being called a "punt for no gain"? :lol:

NW Steeler
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
2 blocked PAT's in one game? Jeezus. One would have won the game, the other lost it! There was a shot of a lineman on the sideline that looked like he was going to throw his helmet at the kicker! As far as Osweiler goes, he is a big kid, but he is not very accurate. Under 44% last season. I don't think it was much better this year, but I could be wrong.

Dee Dub
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
.....As far as Osweiler goes, he is a big kid, but he is not very accurate. Under 44% last season. I don't think it was much better this year, but I could be wrong.

He was a true freshman last year and he did all that in just 6 games 55 pass attempts). This year as well. He isnt the regular starter. Steven Threet is. He got hurt two weeks ago versus UCLA. Next year as a Junior I expect Osweiler to blow up.

steelerkeylargo
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Burfict is a beast. He is flat out freaking crazy too. He will seriously need to learn how to control his emotions.

Dee Dub
12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Burfict is a beast. He is flat out freaking crazy too. He will seriously need to learn how to control his emotions.

Yep...he's had some issues with personal fouls. I dont think he is all there. Erickson has recently dealt with this but we'll see.

I think Burfict and that kid from Notre Dame, Mantei Te'o are going to be NFL game changers in two years. Can you image these two were slated to go to USC and both opted out at the last minute? Unreal.

NW Steeler
12-03-2010, 08:54 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":2izos0rk].....As far as Osweiler goes, he is a big kid, but he is not very accurate. Under 44% last season. I don't think it was much better this year, but I could be wrong.

He was a true freshman last year and he did all that in just 6 games 55 pass attempts). This year as well. He isnt the regular starter. Steven Threet is. He got hurt two weeks ago versus UCLA. Next year as a Junior I expect Osweiler to blow up.[/quote:2izos0rk]

Good point. I thought he had played more than that last year. 6' 8"?? That is HUGE. Arizona really blew it last night. I can't believe that Stoop's head didn't literally explode on the sideline. That dude gets REALLY worked up during the game. I couldn't believe that he was actually smiling when he shook hands with Erickson after the game.

hawaiiansteel
12-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Yep...he's had some issues with personal fouls. I dont think he is all there. Erickson has recently dealt with this but we'll see.

I think Burfict and that kid from Notre Dame, Mantei Te'o are going to be NFL game changers in two years. Can you image these two were slated to go to USC and both opted out at the last minute? Unreal.

Manti Te'o is a stud, he was a man amongst boys when he played here in Hawaii at the same high school that Obama attended.

steelsun7
12-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Im a Sundevil season ticket holder.Burfict is a beast.Top 10 possibly top 5 pick.

NorthCoast
12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Do you guys really want to draft the next Goodell whipping boy? Burfict would be suspended by his third game for his hits.