PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben is at it again

JAR
12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I hope he sees this.

Big Ben is at it again

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might have made some adjustments in his living style, but he still likes the drama when it comes to football. It seems that every time the Ravens play the Steelers, Roethlisberger comes up with some injury. On Monday, it was the sprained foot.

As Roethlisberger limped off the field at halftime of the Steelers game against Buffalo last week, I laughed because I knew there was going to be some drama with an injury. If it wasn't going to be his foot that hurt, then it was going to be his big toe or his little finger, or his butt or a tooth. Always something.

I can understand why Roethlisberger might not want to play. He will be missing his two starting offensive tackles, and I don't think the Steelers can handle the pressure the Ravens will bring. But we all know that Big Ben will play. He'll get the ankle taped, take a pain killer and then play.

But until then, there will be a lot of drama from the Drama King all week. It wouldn't be a Pittsburgh/Baltimore week without Roethlisberger trying to grab attention by playing the injury card.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... again.html (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/big_ben_is_at_it_again.html)

http://i.imgur.com/yFI6n.jpg

ikestops85
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Ben allow those 2 Bills defenders twist him like a pretzel. :roll:

AkronSteel
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I just hope that someone shows this to #7!!! That will be great motivation, not that he needs it during Ratbirds Week though!!!

:ratsuck

Dee Dub
12-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Ben allow those 2 Bills defenders twist him like a pretzel. :roll:

Yeah...it is amazing how some see things. This dude who wrote this is as clueless as they come.

sentinel33
12-01-2010, 12:22 PM
this dude has got to be a ravens fan. thats the only explanation for the absurdity of his statement.

steelblood
12-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I fail to see how an idiot newspaper blogger will motivate Ben. It's not like the Ravens said this. But, if it works, go ahead.

proudpittsburgher
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I fail to see how an idiot newspaper blogger will motivate Ben. It's not like the Ravens said this. But, if it works, go ahead.

I don't know, I think it motivates them plenty. May not change anything though, but remember Ben's comments after the Baltimore game last year where 'tone caught the TD pass on the goal line. Ben was explaining the play and he threw in a zinger . . ."Because you know me, I hold onto the ball too long." They hear it. It may not bother them as much as it does us, but they hear it.

AngryAsian
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
The source is a Ratbird loyalist hack, who wants some attention. Ben has been 5-0 since 2007 playing in Ratbird Stadium. I'll take history on this one.

costanza2k1
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
jimwexell James C Wexell
Ben says he'll play, only if he won't hurt the team.
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wexell's Twitter

skyhawk
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Ben said he hurt his ankle in the NE game.

JAR
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
some of the comments after the article are entertaining. Damn, Ratbird fans are lame. :)

:ratsuck

skyhawk
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
And if they want to talk about Ben faking an injury, that winner goes to Tom Brady, who routinely (along with Belicheat) make injuries up and lie on the injury report.

hawaiiansteel
12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
And if they want to talk about Ben faking an injury, that winner goes to Tom Brady, who routinely (along with Belicheat) make injuries up and lie on the injury report.

Tom has two sprained ankles, which is why he's now wearing two protective boots.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tom-brady-uggs.jpg

skyhawk
12-01-2010, 05:02 PM

Tom has two sprained ankles, which is why he's now wearing two protective boots.

:lol:

:Cheers

:tt2

Crash
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
He did not look good on NFLN today. Very stiff legged.

Needle time.

skyhawk
12-01-2010, 09:06 PM
He did not look good on NFLN today. Very stiff legged.

Needle time.

Not good. Needle or not.

hawaiiansteel
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2010

Roethlisberger, McFadden practice

Both Ben Roethlisberger and cornerback Bryant McFadden practiced on a limited basis Wednesday as the Steelers began preparations for Sunday night's game in Baltimore.

That's good news for the Steelers.

Roethlisberger was still in a walking boot Wednesday morning to stabilize his sprained right foot. But trainer John Norwig came up with a shoe that held the foot in place and allowed Roethlisberger to go through team drills.

McFadden made it through practice with no apparent problems with his injured hamstring. How well the hamstring responds Thursday will be a be test for McFadden.

A number of Steelers players expressed disgust with the league in regard to its fines of James Harrison.

But so did Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs in a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters.

Apparently, the league has done what nobody else has been able to – get the Ravens and Steelers to agree on something.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2010, 04:28 PM

C'mon, man...we all know that chestnut is Brady's preferred boot color :lol:

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20101130/8f7e41_bradyugg_12012010.jpg

Tom Brady’s oomph to UGG
New sponsor could give QB’s manhood the boot
By Donna Goodison
Wednesday, December 1, 2010 - Updated 2 days ago

He’s won three Super Bowls and is married to a supermodel, but this could be the real test of Tom Brady’s manhood and star appeal.

Deckers Outdoor Corp. is betting on the Patriots quarterback to convince the masses that the UGG brand — largely viewed as a women’s shoe brand epitomized by its ubiquitous and schlumpy sheepskin boots — is fashionable and macho enough for men.

The NFL superstar will be the new face for UGG as it makes a marketing play for men next fall. In breaking the news on CNBC on Monday, Deckers CEO Angel Martinez said who better than Brady to “give guys permission to wear UGG.”

“He’s the guy every guy I know wants to be,” Martinez said. “It’s that cool-under-pressure thing. Guys like that.”

Whether those guys also will like UGG depends largely on Brady’s ability to open their eyes to its entire men’s line. That includes not only sheepskin slippers and boots but casual shoes, leather and cold-weather boots, accessories and outerwear.

“I have worn and loved the UGG brand for a long time,” Brady said in a statement. “This collaboration gives me an opportunity to work with a leading global brand with a great history and a true vision for the future of its men’s collection.”

For Martinez, the “stylish casual attitude” of the Cali native epitomizes a brand that actually first took root with men in California, when Australian surfer Brian Smith traveled there in 1978 with a bag full of his sheepskin boots that he introduced to fellow surfers.

UGG sales hit a record $711.8 million last year. Piper Jaffray analyst Jeff Klinefelter estimates that men’s and kid’s shoes total 10 percent or less of those sales.

UGG wouldn’t disclose the terms of Brady’s multiyear deal. But Klinefelter said leveraging his status gives its underdeveloped men’s line instant credibility.

“It seems to be a very good fit in terms of the casual, classic but aspirational position of the brand,” he said. “There’s certainly something aspirational about the Brady brand.’’

An informal Facebook poll reveals a split decision on UGG’s strategy. For some, news of yet another Brady endorsement deal — on top of pacts with Under Armour and Xfinity, among others — generated a collective “Ugh.”

“Nothin’ manly about a man in UGGs,” said Hub public relations exec Arika Beaudry. “And Tom is over-saturating himself with endorsements, so this whole marketing deal makes me lose even more interest in the brand.”

But others say that men with “man crushes” on Brady will be convinced to wear UGGs.

“If any male can do that, I suppose it is (him),” conceded Chris Carnelli, an avid Miami Dolphins fan. “Every woman wants him, so, in turn, every man wants to be him.”

The Tannery on Boylston Street sells thousands of men’s and women’s UGGs a year.

“Men’s UGG boots are so practical, especially in New England,” general manager Lisa Rainis said. “Tom Brady definitely brings a different element to it — a more fashion-forward element.”

If Brady was knocking around at home, walking the dog or relaxing with wife Gisele Bundchen, he would kick back in the traditional sheepskin UGGs, Rainis said.

“If anyone can pull it off, it’s definitely Tom Brady,” she said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20101201tom_bradys_oomph_to_ugg_new_sponsor_could_ give_qbs_manhood_the_boot/

aggiebones
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
yes, Brady has been on the injury report as probable for 2 seasons due to a shoulder booboo. EVERY week. Mocking the whole honesty of the leagues injury policy.
Frankly, I don't care, but I am irritated when they claim Ben is a drama Q. He limps when he gets hurt, people ask him and he lets them know. Not exactly drama. Its pretty obvious that he has an injury of some sort. And I doubt he really wants Baltimore to know about it.