PDA

View Full Version : Prediction - How Many More Fines for James?

flippy
12-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I say 4. 5 games left and he has one off game.

Harrison's marketing people need to give him a nickname like Gentle James. Or they gotta get him in a national commercial playing and laughing with little kids.

Get the real image of James out there.

ikestops85
12-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I say 3 ... only because he will be suspended for 2 games. :evil:

hawaiiansteel
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
unfortunately, there are bad referees in all sports...

http://seattle.theoffside.com/files/2009/05/tim-weyland-3.jpg

Discipline of Steel
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Its not the referees fault. They are inconsistent because the direction from their leadership is inconsistent.

So far James Harrison is 4 for 11, if he maintains that rate, he will end up with two more. My fear is when Mr. Arbitrary final pulls the trigger on a suspension for some ghey call like the Fitz hit. and YES there is something wrong with that.

winwithd
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I'll go with four. No one is at the top of their game every week.

Some players have a signature 'move' after a big play, like a sack. Is it Larry Foote that did something like a stomp or a kick? Jeremiah Trotter had his woodchopping motion. I like to see someone come up with something just to pi$$ off God-ell. Either a stiff-arm salute (Hitler style) in honor of God-ell or maybe reaching in his back pocket pulling out cash and throwing it in the air or a combo of both.

Unfortunately if James ever did something like that he is liable to get a 4 get suspension.

God-ell is so petty and childish. Just because James won't kiss his butt he hands down these ludicrous fines each week.

Steelskin
12-01-2010, 11:49 PM

The coach is no longer supporting him and one more fine is going to be a suspension. We dodged a bullet with him not getting suspended this time and it won't happen again. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but the fact is, Roger makes the rules and they cannot and will not change mid-season (never mind the subjectiveness of the whole concept of a referee).

James is a good man and a team player. He is also intelligent enough to know that leading with his helmet again could cost us more than 15 yards. It could cost us games (as a result of a suspension).

I agree that the hits should be legal, but this isn't the time for that. We need to adapt now and focus on winning games. Changing the rulebook has to wait until March.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-02-2010, 12:18 AM
No fine prediction, but how about a new signature sack celebration?

Next time Harrison sacks the QB I want to see him pull an imaginary checkbook out of his pocket, pretend to write a check, then wave the imaginary check to the crowd. :lol: