PDA

View Full Version : Why has the media ignored the Bills' dirty play on Ben

steelblood
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
After the whistle, one Bills plays continues to push and roll over Ben as his knee and ankle are caught beneath him. Then, a second Bills player begins to shove Ben (who is obviously down and in a prone position). This was a dirty play that injured a player. Unfortunately, even our local media can't seem to point out Goodell's and the Ref's inconsistent protection of QBs. If Harrison (or any Steeler) did this, it would have been a penalty, a fine, and a national news story. If Goodell's wants defenders not to take it too far with QBs, this would be a prime example or players that intended to hurt a QB (AND DID IT AFTER THE WHISTLE). Come on local writers, talk about how Ben and Hines don't receive the same protection that their peers do!

Crash
11-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Because 6-5 245 pound QB's are open season.

Pittsburgh media are jokes. Bouchette's act is old, tiresome, and most of the time inaccurate.

hawaiiansteel
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Ed: Refs Missed Roughing Steelers QB Again

TUESDAY, 30 NOVEMBER 2010 07:43 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Good morning,

Last day in November and I’m still trying to get used to the fact that summer is over:

--- Went back and looked at a few things from my DVR of the game (what I hate about recording games is if they go longer than the “show” you record, you don’t get the whole game. Mine quit before overtime began). One, someone should get fined for roughing up Ben Roethlisberger on the one sack – Nos. 52 and 99, Arthur Moats and Marcus Stroud. Especially Moats who seemed to get particular delight in twisting Roethlisberger on the ground. Where were the officials on that one?

--- On the next play, Roethlisberger ran 18 yards for that first down and Moats paid later when he tripped Leodis McKelvin at midfield on the opening kickoff to save the Bills from winning on the first play of overtime.

--- The second play I looked at closely was the hit by James Harrison on quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Even when I slowed it down, I could not determine if he led with his helmet.

--- Also caught one of Chris K’s “holds” that negated Rashard Mendenhall’s long run. He no more held his man than any other offensive lineman does on every play, maybe less. That call made it seem as though the officials were looking closely at him on Sunday.

--- Maybe because it was in Buffalo, but the CBS camera views were terrible. I never did see what Keyaron Fox did along the sideline and even though he hit the quarterback, there was no closeup shot of Harrison on that play. If the league has no better picture than the one I saw on CBS, I don’t know how they can fine Harrison.

--- About Spygate II, the smell of it still wafts through the NFL. Even Bill Cowher ripped into it. The league just doesn’t want to have things turn messy and anti-PR so it tried to take care of it by sweeping everything under the rug.

--- The Steelers have won four of the past six against Baltimore.

--- YOU: Any explnation for the final series when the refs reviewed a play AFTER the Bills spiked the ball? It gave them an extra down and 3 extra seconds. Both were vital because it allowed the Bills to spike the ball after the 9-yard pass to Nelson to the 31. There's a good chance Lindell doesn't get that FG off in time without the spike!

ME: That was curious. However, since it came within the 2 minutes, it had to be reviewed upstairs so I can only assume the signal was sent that they wanted to review it before the spike. However, conspiracy theorists can have at it on this one, too.

--- YOU: Would the OL be any better were Roethlisberger to do what successful QBs do and that is to take the snap and throw the ball instead of running all over the place? He seems addicted to the homerun, as Bradshaw was, and this forces the OL to keep on trying to protect him for far longer than they are capable of, so they hold which takes away the yardage gained and then 10 more yards.

ME: Yes, he would have fewer sacks and they would have fewer holding penalties.

--- YOU: Tomlin had the Steelers kick the winning field goal on third down
instead of running another play first. Why?

ME: Maybe he was worried about Chris K getting another holding call and pushing them another 10 yards back, making it a 51-yard field goal try.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... s-qb-again (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/106664-ed-refs-missed-roughing-steelers-qb-again)

Crash
11-30-2010, 07:56 PM
--- Went back and looked at a few things from my DVR of the game (what I hate about recording games is if they go longer than the “show” you record, you don’t get the whole game. Mine quit before overtime began).

This dummy doesn't even know that you can extend the DVR.

skyhawk
11-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Anyone got video of that hit?

They have already taken the hit on Fitz off youtube.

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2010, 09:39 PM
--- Went back and looked at a few things from my DVR of the game (what I hate about recording games is if they go longer than the “show” you record, you don’t get the whole game. Mine quit before overtime began).

This dummy doesn't even know that you can extend the DVR.

I'm shocked that he even knows what a DVR is and isn't recording games on his Betamax.

steelblood
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
thanks.

well, i guess that almost qualifies as an article. but, this needs to be the focus of an entire article. bang the gong!!!!

Iron Shiek
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I almost threw my remote at the tv on that play because at that point I was so pi$sed and that grinded my gears even further.

hawaiiansteel
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm shocked that he even knows what a DVR is and isn't recording games on his Betamax.

this is one of Ed's game tapes...

http://www.video-to-dvd.com/betamax_to_dvd.gif

proudpittsburgher
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm in a pissy mood, so temper your thoughts knowing that, but you guys sound pathetic with your hatred toward Ed Bouchette. Before you start, no I don't know him personally, never met the guy. First, you all criticise him for not bringout out the flagrant fouls on Ben, then when you find out he did indeed do what you said he doesn't, instead of manning up, you start taking cheap shots at him? Grow the F up.

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm in a pissy mood, so temper your thoughts knowing that, but you guys sound pathetic with your hatred toward Ed Bouchette. Before you start, no I don't know him personally, never met the guy. First, you all criticise him for not bringout out the flagrant fouls on Ben, then when you find out he did indeed do what you said he doesn't, instead of manning up, you start taking cheap shots at him? Grow the F up.

It's called humor. Look into it sometime. You might actually smile. Or even chuckle if you are lucky.

Snatch98
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Dirty play 100% and ignored because Ben is so hard to bring down and routinely extends plays. Ed also needs to learn that his DVR has this remarkable FUNCTION that allows you to record shows past their scheduled airtime.

hawaiiansteel
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM

sorry Mrs. Bouchette, we didn't mean to be so hard on your son. we're sorry and promise not to do it again until Ed says something stupid again, which unfortunately may happen all too soon...