PDA

View Full Version : The only real question this week!!!!!!

Oviedo
11-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Will Goodell suspend Harrison for the Ravens game to help ensure the Ravens win the AFC North?

I bet he does. He does not want to give the Super Bowl trophy to Ben so he has to derail the Steelers anyway he can. :stirpot

jj28west
11-29-2010, 09:00 AM
If he does get victimized I hope he appeals and then takes it when we play a weaker opponent tht is out of the playoff hunt.

Oviedo
11-29-2010, 09:01 AM
If he does get victimized I hope he appeals and then takes it when we play a weaker opponent tht is out of the playoff hunt.

Not sure it is like baseball and you can appeal to delay implementation of the punishment.

ikestops85
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Not sure it is like baseball and you can appeal to delay implementation of the punishment.

I'm sure he can take it through the court system, ala the Williams boys, and get an injunction against the suspension until a hearing can be arranged.

Crash
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
If he suspends James I hope we take out Flacco.

Oviedo
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Just heard on the news that Andre Johnson IS NOT getting suspended for his fight yesterday. No way can they justify suspending Harrison for making a tackle after that. If they do it is proof they are out to screw the Steelers.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't understand how they can take a legal hit and say it is illegal. I mean is it me or did Harrisons facemask make the first contact with the QB and it was in the chest, a split second before his helmet rode up as the dude crumbled? First contact wasn't direct facemask to helmet I don't think.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-30-2010, 06:25 AM
If he suspends James I hope we take out Flacco.

By Goodell standards, it should only be a $25,000 fine, no suspension, for someone to cold-cock him and knock him out for the game. One of the inactive players could accomplish that during pre-game warmups. The claim could be that Flacco set him off by furrowing his eyebrow.

OK, I'm not really advocating this...but I wonder how long it will be until we see something like this in the Dictator's new NFL.

Tomlinator
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
It's funny how we have to wonder about Harrison being suspended for actually playing the game of football when all kinds of extra curricular activities only result in a fine.

Why not just walk up to the QB, rip his helmet off, and slap him around?

ikestops85
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't understand how they can take a legal hit and say it is illegal. I mean is it me or did Harrisons facemask make the first contact with the QB and it was in the chest, a split second before his helmet rode up as the dude crumbled? First contact wasn't direct facemask to helmet I don't think.

I agree with you but what is worse is that the call was leading with the crown of his helmet. It looked to me like his facemask hit first and he definitely hit him in the chest so my guess is that he will not get fined ... yes, I bet the longshot when I go to the track also. :lol:

flippy
11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
What if Harrison pulls up from hitting Flacco and instead pulls Flacco's helmet off and beats him senseless?

That would actually make him some money this week. And it would F the Ravens simultaneously.

Heck, the whole team should do this. Pull the helmet off the guy in front of you. Punch him senseless. And pay the $25K and move on to the next week and repeat.

fordfixer
11-30-2010, 11:27 PM
What if Harrison pulls up from hitting Flacco and instead pulls Flacco's helmet off and beats him senseless?

That would actually make him some money this week. And it would F the Ravens simultaneously.

Heck, the whole team should do this. Pull the helmet off the guy in front of you. Punch him senseless. And pay the $25K and move on to the next week and repeat.

And just forget about getting kicked out of the game. The back ups need more playing time anyway :roll:

Sugar
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM

Don't want to lose any starters. The Steelers should sign a new backup linebacker, Wladimir Klitscko, for a game or two. Of course, he'll be kicked out of the league after a couple games of KO'ing opposing starting QB's... :wink:

flippy
12-01-2010, 12:18 AM
How about our new LB, Mike Tyson?

We'd probably pay him more than the Hangover did.