PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Chances Looking Good

Discipline of Steel
11-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Despite injuries, i believe we can go into Baltimore and solidify a lead in the division and for a first round bye. Even if we dont win the division, everyone else in the hunt for the last wild-card is 2 games behind us. Looks like the wild-cards are coming out of the east and north this year.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
the key is to beat the Felons this Sunday, win the division and get a first-round bye.

otherwise the road will be much harder, but we've done it the hard way before also...

Discipline of Steel
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Thats the way Im seeing it...

Crash
11-29-2010, 01:18 AM
You need to look at the schedules of KC and SD.

The Chiefs have to beat the Chargers. If they both go 11-5 thats trouble.

flippy
11-29-2010, 02:10 AM
You need to look at the schedules of KC and SD.

The Chiefs have to beat the Chargers. If they both go 11-5 thats trouble.

I don't see either going 11-5. Their schedule looks easy but those are some solid teams left that can beat them.

Crash
11-29-2010, 02:14 AM
If the Steelers (If 2nd AFC North), Chargers, and Chiefs are all 11-5 and the Jets are 12-4 or better and clinch one WC? The Chargers win the West, and I believe we would get in over the Chiefs due to AFC record.

Jacksonville or the Colts would be basically done whomever loses that game. If the Chargers don't win out they are pretty much done too.

Discipline of Steel
11-29-2010, 07:38 AM
If the Steelers (If 2nd AFC North), Chargers, and Chiefs are all 11-5 and the Jets are 12-4 or better and clinch one WC? The Chargers win the West, and I believe we would get in over the Chiefs due to AFC record.

Jacksonville or the Colts would be basically done whomever loses that game. If the Chargers don't win out they are pretty much done too.

Therefore, if we finish out 3-2, its long odds for a team from the south or west to come in ahead of us. Possibly even at 2-3 but nobody want to think like that. :tt1

aggiebones
11-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Most of the teams well positioned could take a late swoon, it happens every year. NYJets could get embarrassed this week. They could lose confidence and some chemistry and hit a losing streak.
Things ebb and flow during a season due to injuries. Currently 2 teams previously on the skids are top teams now. NE and SD. Both could slip up late. Things are crazy. But we won't win no.7 unless we play better, so we better pick it up.

ikestops85
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Most of the teams well positioned could take a late swoon, it happens every year. NYJets could get embarrassed this week. They could lose confidence and some chemistry and hit a losing streak.
Things ebb and flow during a season due to injuries. Currently 2 teams previously on the skids are top teams now. NE and SD. Both could slip up late. Things are crazy. But we won't win no.7 unless we play better, so we better pick it up.

I think we definitely have to play better and wonder if it's possible but then I think back to 2005 when we were 6-5 and many thought the season was over. A 5 game win streak to end the season and then that magical run in the playoffs as a 6 seed.

Woo Hoo! Let's do it again. :tt2 :tt2

Steelhere10
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
If we can't go 4-1 the rest of the way then we don't deserve to be there any way.