PDA

View Full Version : Did Redman kick somebody's dog???

Stewie
11-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Where is the wisdom in running Mendy 36 times?

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Because he would have had nearly 200 yards rushing if not for a B.S. holding call on Kemoeatu?

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Because he would have had nearly 200 yards rushing if not for a B.S. holding call on Kemoeatu?

Agreed, but if Mendy to stay strong down the stretch. I think this week and last week, Redman should have gotton more carries to lessen Mendy's workload.

Stewie
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM

He will also have no legs for next week.

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM

He will also have no legs for next week.

we're gonna run him until the wheels fall off...

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
And we are concerned about this because we think we can run versus the Ravens?? We could have Jim Brown in his prime next week and we wont be able to run versus the Ravens.

But I am sure the Steelers will try over and over and over. :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
One game with 36 carries doesn't make him overworked. Prior to this game, he had games with 22, 23, 19, 25, 27, 15, 15, 22, 11, and 23 rushing attempts. There is still plenty of tread on these tires.

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I'd love to see them pass it on first down next week in atleast 50% of the plays. I think we passed twice this week on first down. Yes, due to their terrible run defense it was warranted, but I don't give Arians that much credit for why he did it :lol:

phillyesq
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
And we are concerned about this because we think we can run versus the Ravens?? We could have Jim Brown in his prime next week and we wont be able to run versus the Ravens.

Going into this week, Ravens were ranked 9th against the run. Not terrible, but not like the Ravens of old.

papillon
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM
One game with 36 carries doesn't make him overworked. Prior to this game, he had games with 22, 23, 19, 25, 27, 15, 15, 22, 11, and 23 rushing attempts. There is still plenty of tread on these tires.

Be careful using facts it is discouraged around here at times. :P

Pappy

flippy
11-29-2010, 02:16 AM
I'd like to see Redman get some series during the game. He's a hard runner that gets to the hole quick.

It'd be a good change of pace to throw at the defense that is seeing the more patient Mendy dancing through holes.

Now if we're gonna use Mendy more in the passing game, then I say leave him in for more series. But we don't, so I like Redman as a change of pace.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2010, 02:21 AM
I like Isaac Redman as a change of pace back as well...do you suppose he keeps money in the bag around his waist in case he gets hungry during the game and needs to buy a hot dog?

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1124941/32921391E.jpg

flippy
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
I like Isaac Redman as a change of pace back as well...do you suppose he keeps money in the bag around his waist in case he gets hungry during the game and needs to buy a hot dog?

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1124941/32921391E.jpg

That's got his camera in case he has time to get some pics of Niagra Falls :)

Mister Pittsburgh
11-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Personally, I would actually like to try something the Ravens wouldn't expect or really gameplan for against us. Instead of our normal run, run, throw on 3rd down with Ben under center and a 5 step drop, I would like to come out and spread them out every series, every play, the entire first half and see where we stand.

Don't worry about burning clock, or % run vs. pass.....go with Ben in shotgun, no huddle, the entire first half. I would guarantee we put up more points than run, run, burn clock, pass & I will take our QB-WR-TE-RB over theirs any day. Their line is better, but that is why you go shotgun/no-huddle and have the WR shorten their routes up. Less time for the Ravens pass rushers to get to Ben.

You know, kind of how the Patriots kick our teeth in every time we play them.

Steelskin
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Still waiting for Dwyer.... :roll:

sentinel33
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
yeah. im kinda waiting for dwyer as well. but until then, the three we have carrying the load so far are doin a nice job. if we could just find some kind of consisitency on the o-line. i gotta admit, the lineup we put out there against buffalo is my favorite.
scott-kemoeatu-pouncey-foster-adams. if these guys can stay healthy and gel a bit we could have something here. at least in the running game and just enough in pass pro.

steelblood
11-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Redman looks good running the ball. He's earned a few more carries. In run heavy games, he should get close to ten carries imho. People get tired of trying to tackle battering rams.

CanadianSteel
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Mewelde Moore 3.3 YPC

Isaac Redman 4.4 YPC

Remember Redman is the "short yardage back" I would expect him to be the one at 3.3 ypc.

Guy is a beast, i'm sold on him :)

Give him the ball 8 times a game

:tt2 :tt2

papillon
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I have to admit I was disappointed in the number of touches Mendenhall had yesterday, mid 30s is too many in the NFL. A running back can't absorb that much punishment and stay strong throughout the year. It was the first really high carry game for Rashard and, so, it probably isn't too bad. I'd rather he be around 18-22 carry number for a game.

Pappy

sentinel33
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
i hear ya pap. the next 60+ days are for the bruisers. we gotta get the heavy weights involved. more of redman and more of dwyer. pound opponents into submission. i think we have the backs to do that this year. parker wasnt that type. but mendenhall, redman and dwyer are all big backs. i miss the Bus blowing people up ala Urlacher. and you all know what play i mean. lets really pound that pigskin in there. not to mention the fact that if its not workin between the tackles 2 of these backs(mendenhall and dwyer) can bust it outside. Bring on the smash mouth!

CanadianSteel
11-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Mendy is leading the NFL in rushing attempts, last thing we need is for him to start breaking down. I just don't see why they are not giving Red the ball more. Again 4.4 ypc for a short yardage back is very good

Stewie
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM

Oh??? Two weeks ago, CAROLINA had 22 carries for 120 yds. versus Ravens. Last week, TAMPA BAY had 23 carries for 101 yds. Why can they do it and the Steelers not???

Make no mistake, we will not do it lining up with a FB and blowing them off the ball. But running out of passing formations or with a pony backfield can create seams, seams that yearn for fresh legs. I want to see us line up primarily 4-wide and attack their secondary on three levels. They are NOT going to let Wallace beat them. With two men on Wallace, somebody is one on one, and there is one fewer person to block in the running game. The key to the game is the OL. I expect that the Ravens will focus on Kemo and Scott. Let us pray.

I don't see any EVIDENCE that you cannot run on the Ravens. I also still do not see the wisdom of running your feature back 36 tiimes, when there was a viable alternative (Redman had 5 carries for 25 yds., tough yards with no dancing in the hole...when there was a hole.).