PDA

View Full Version : 25th ranked D ... 1 TD. What's wrong with this picture?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Are we really that bad an offense? With Ben, Wallace, Hines, Mendy, et al.? Really?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Crappy Bills defense and we put up one stinkin' TD. I am sure people will blame the couple drops Manny Sanders had or Ben for holding the ball too long.

Discipline of Steel
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Steelers win, go to 8-3 :tt1

JAR
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
are people ever happy? It's not going to be 35-3 every week!!!!!

SteelAbility
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM

Happy about the result. Not happy about the expected future performance. I'm hoping this was a case of Kemo playing hurt. His play (or lack thereof) was keeping the Bills in it, not to mention a bit of creative officiating.

birtikidis
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
it's hard to score when every single time you make a big play there's a phantom holding penalty.
or that your qb is allowed to get beat down MMA style 20 seconds after the whistle.

JAR
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
it's hard to score when every single time you make a big play there's a phantom holding penalty.
or that your qb is allowed to get beat down MMA style 20 seconds after the whistle.

:tt1

Ghost
11-28-2010, 07:37 PM

No, but that offensive display was not good. That game should have been over early in the third Q. A win is a win but I think it's reasonable to not be doing cartwheels over going to overtime with a 2-8 team. They looked listless in the second half. Once agian we watched the Steelers take their foot off the neck of an opponent instead of pouring it on and making the win a foregone conclusion.

The Steelers won't be facing the Bills come play off time. They'll be playing teams with talent. And four FG's won't get the W.

Crash
11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Too many penalties wiped out some big gains in the first half.

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Are we really that bad an offense? With Ben, Wallace, Hines, Mendy, et al.? Really?

Me personally??? I believe this team has the personel to be better...however..because of this idiotic, persistant idea of having to be a running football team first...it is keeping this offense from reaching it's full potential. It is what allows a mediorce team like Buffalo to come back from a 13-0 deficet.

One day..probably when it's too late...Ben Roethlisberger will be given full control of his offense and it will be geared around him...and not some archaic idea of what the Steelers offense should be.

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 08:48 PM
We dominated time of possession in the first half. We should have been up a lot more than that. I'm not going to complain since we won, but the way they played today, they will be one and done in the playoffs with a performance like that.

California-Steel
11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, when you pick your plays out of a hat, 1 TD vs the 25th ranked D is what you get.

BA has a good play book he just does not know how to use it.

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Me personally??? I believe this team has the personel to be better...however..because of this idiotic, persistant idea of having to be a running football team first...it is keeping this offense from reaching it's full potential. It is what allows a mediorce team like Buffalo to come back from a 13-0 deficet.

One day..probably when it's too late...Ben Roethlisberger will be given full control of his offense and it will be geared around him...and not some archaic idea of what the Steelers offense should be.

When you play the team with the worst run defense in the league (the Bills), you run the ball down their throats (we ran for 206 yards today).

If we played the team with the worst pass defense in the league (the Texans), and we ran the ball 45 times, then I'd complain.

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM

When you play the team with the worst run defense in the league (the Bills), you run the ball down their throats (we ran for 206 yards today).

If we played the team with the worst pass defense in the league (the Texans), and we ran the ball 45 times, then I'd complain.

206 yards?? It took nearly 5 quarters to do so? And it netted 1 TD all game. It allowed a team to come back when instead of trying to put a team away they were insistent on running the ball.

Ok let's see how this works next week.

msp26505
11-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Quit whining.

We won against a team that is hitting its stride. They may be 2-9, but they have been playing very well the last few weeks and could very well be 5-4 or better if they knew how to close out games.

The Steelers were coming off a win that was maybe a little too easy, and every week have to play both the opposing team and the officiating crew.

And it goes without saying that any NFL team can beat any other NFL team any week because the talent differential is so small.

They are 8-3 with a chance to take sole possession of first place in the AFCN next week. What more do you want, bitches?

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
What more do you want, bitches?

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/And-im-not-your-bitch-cyanide-and-happiness-2804423-701-594.jpg

msp26505
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/And-im-not-your-bitch-cyanide-and-happiness-2804423-701-594.jpg

What fool would turn down beer? :Cheers

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM

What fool would turn down beer? :Cheers

not me, I actually prefer beer over water... :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan]Are we really that bad an offense? With Ben, Wallace, Hines, Mendy, et al.? Really?

206 yards?? It took nearly 5 quarters to do so? And it netted 1 TD all game. It allowed a team to come back when instead of trying to put a team away they were insistent on running the ball.

Ok let's see how this works next week.[/quote:3cjnvnm3]

If we run the ball 45 times against Baltimore, then I'll be right there with you. But I have no problem with running 45 times against Buffalo. People whine all the time about Arians not attacking other teams' weaknesses. Well guess what...Buffalo's biggest weakness is its run defense. And we ran against them. And people still whine about it anyway. Go figure.

msp26505
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
If we run the ball 45 times against Baltimore, then I'll be right there with you. But I have no problem with running 45 times against Buffalo. People whine all the time about Arians not attacking other teams' weaknesses. Well guess what...Buffalo's biggest weakness is its run defense. And we ran against them. And people still whine about it anyway. Go figure.

WVU fans were whining about Bill Stewart after the Mountaineers won the Backyard Brawl by 25.

Some people just need to chill. Not every game will be a blowout win.

At least I can say "you people are nuts" to the whiners after all my teams won this weekend.

birtikidis
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I know there isn't anyone on the team that will admit this.. but i think up by 13 against a crap team, we started looking ahead to next weeks match up against baltimore...

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I know there isn't anyone on the team that will admit this.. but i think up by 13 against a crap team, we started looking ahead to next weeks match up against baltimore...

After seeing this same team, down by 21 points last week, come back to win by 18, I knew that we would regret going into halftime only up 13 after dominating them early.

papillon
11-28-2010, 11:55 PM

After seeing this same team, down by 21 points last week, come back to win by 18, I knew that we would regret going into halftime only up 13 after dominating them early.

:Bow :Bow

This is the NFL boys and the difference between 2-8 and 8-2 is minuscule.

Pappy

AzStillers1989
11-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Quit whining.

We won against a team that is hitting its stride. They may be 2-9, but they have been playing very well the last few weeks and could very well be 5-4 or better if they knew how to close out games.

The Steelers were coming off a win that was maybe a little too easy, and every week have to play both the opposing team and the officiating crew.

And it goes without saying that any NFL team can beat any other NFL team any week because the talent differential is so small.

They are 8-3 with a chance to take sole possession of first place in the AFCN next week. What more do you want, bitches?

:tt1 :tt2 :Beer

eniparadoxgma
11-29-2010, 12:19 AM

:Bow :Bow

This is the NFL boys and the difference between 2-8 and 8-2 is minuscule.

Pappy

It's the ultimate parity league. :)

chiken
11-29-2010, 12:23 AM
mannnnnnnnn oh mannnnnnn - Buffalo is a Crap team? Has anybody every looked at their freaking schedule? really? first 8 games - absolutely BRUTAL - All but 1 (division Rival though) are playoff teams THIS YEAR. They put a 30 spot up on the Ravens in Baltimore and The Pats, losing both Games by 1 score.

This was not a Crap team, they play every Game hard.. they were actually on a roll, having finally put some of the pieces together.
we played with a busted up Line and a peg legged Qb at their place and we escaped with a Victory... Give me a break.

NJ-STEELER
11-29-2010, 12:26 AM
yes

we have an average offense.
starts with the average OL.

i predicted we would struggle after the trade of santonio

chiken
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
yea, Holmes was going to be a HOF Lineman.. he is missed on the line this year.

NJ-STEELER
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
starts with the average OL.

grotonsteel
11-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I think the patchwork O-line is a problem. When you don't have your two starting OT its tough no matter what.

Also our WRs are young so chemistry between QB and WR is still work in progress which is a huge factor.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM

Dude...PRECISELY!

If games were decided by burning clock, we would be Superbowl favorites though.

I would like to see them get the mentality that they wished there was MORE time on the clock to put up more points. The league is geared toward totally favoring the passing game, but we still run the show like its 1994.

papillon
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM
I was watching the Chargers hand the Colts their heads on a platter last night and all I heard was how the Colts are holding up well considering the number of injuries, blah, blah, blah...

I have never heard anyone mention that the Steelers lost their two starting tackles for the season with injuries, Kemo has missed significant time, Essex has been replaced, Smith is basically done for the year, Kiesel has been out for 4 or 5 games and, of course, no Ben for the first 4 games of the year. Now Eason is done for a bit, so, we'll probably have a nose tackle playing DE this weekend.

You know why this things are never mentioned? Because, the Steelers are still managing to win games. This version of the Steelers isn't going to win games and do it with style; they are going to win games (hopefully) and they'll all be ugly, get used to it. Last week's game against the Raiders will be the exception, not the rule.

Pappy