PDA

View Full Version : Is it Gay or LeBeau?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Gay did play well, but that lining up way back, and then backpedalling, almost lost us the game.

Is that scheme?

SteelAbility
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes. It's both. But it's more on LeBeau in my opinion.

We are consistently running 3 and 4 man pass rushes and they have repeatedly been demonstrated to be ineffective. All it does is give the QB 3 to 4 seconds more time to make a decision while the D gets exhausted chasing receivers around the field.

The only justification I can think of at this point is that LeBeau is thinking playoffs and wants to keep his best stuff secret for then.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes. It's both. But it's more on LeBeau in my opinion.

We are consistently running 3 and 4 man pass rushes and they have repeatedly been demonstrated to be ineffective. All it does is give the QB 3 to 4 seconds more time to make a decision while the D gets exhausted chasing receivers around the field.

The only justification I can think of at this point is that LeBeau is thinking playoffs and wants to keep his best stuff secret for then.

I can see a role for this kind of thinking, but if it loses games, it is no different than BA trying to out-think the opposing D coordinator.

Shoe
11-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Are you asking whether a cover guy who can't stay with (i.e.) a rookie plodding TE from the Patriots* to the tune of 3 touchdowns, is more the problem than a coach with who's played + coached twice as many years than that player has been alive?

flippy
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
I can't figure Gay out? He looks brilliant on some plays. And then he's a liability on others.

chiken
11-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Funny thing - We started playing up on the receivers in OT when our backs we're against the wall.. wth.

SteelTorch
11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
The title should have been "Is it Gay or D1ck?" :P

ikestops85
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
We actually played press coverage several times during the game and it was generally effective. What I really want to talk to DL about is when it is 4th and 1 we play our corners 8-10 yards off the LOS. We know they can't run against us so they have to pass.

I really want to know how he expects us to stop them in that situation. I just can't see a pro team not converting that. About the only thing we could do is get lucky and bat the ball down.

By the way, I think Gay played a very good game. I was glad to see it after that debacle he had against the *'s. I'll be interested to see how they use Butler next week against the ratbirds.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
as much as I appreciate Anthony Madison's contributions on ST, I really would prefer not seeing him play as one of the DBs.