Herewegosteelers!
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
:lol: Stan, Guy, love the show....

ALLD
11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Steven Johnson = Steven Jackson SB XL = Limas Sweed

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
The refs remind me of Stevie Wonder more...

(I don't get the Steven Jackson SBXL reference...Steven Jackson has played his entire career with the Rams)

isonator07
11-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah I don't get the Steven Jackson comment either. Seatle had a WR named Darrell Jackson I think maybe thats who he was thinking of?

ALLD
11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah Darrell. Dude was dropping passes all game because we got in his head and he was supposed to be their go to guy. I got his name confused because he hasn't done jack before or since.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2010, 01:51 AM
we got very, very lucky... :tt2

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1124941/32921327E.jpghttp://steviewonderbiography.com/images/stevie_wonder_3.jpg

Djfan
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM

Yup. Winning because of other team's mistakes is a shaky ground to stand on.

LordVile
11-29-2010, 02:11 AM

Yup. Winning because of other team's mistakes is a shaky ground to stand on.

Yeah, we should be winning on our own merits needless to say but it seems to be working for the JETS.. :Binky

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Bills' Johnson dropped more than the ball

TEXT SIZE By: Mike Bires Beaver County Times
Sunday November 28, 2010 11:51 PM

http://media.timesonline.com/thumb/368x276/29johnson747857.jpg

Buffalo Bills' Steve Johnson (13) misses a pass in the end zone in overtime under pressure from Pittsburgh Steelers' Ryan Clark (25) during an NFL football game in Orchard Park, N.Y., Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010. The Steelers won 19-16 in overtime. (AP Photo/David Duprey)

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — As Ryan Fitzpatrick’s pass spiraled toward the end zone, the Steelers thought the worst.

“Game over,” linebacker James Farrior said. “That’s what everybody was thinking. The Buffalo fans, the Buffalo sideline, our sideline. Game over.”

But Sunday’s overtime thriller didn’t end with a Fitzpatrick touchdown pass. Bills wide receiver Steve Johnson let victory slip through his fingertips. He dropped the game-winner.

“I’m watching the play and saying to myself, ‘Oh, Lord,’” Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said of Johnson’s monumental gaffe. “But he dropped it and that was a sign for us to win that ball game.”

Moments later, the Steelers (8-3) did win 19-16 when Shaun Suisham kicked a 41-yard field goal with 2:14 left in OT.

In their locker room, the Steelers celebrated, but in the Bills’ locker room, it was all gloom. A team struggling to win lamented over a lost opportunity to pull off a major upset.

“I’m devastated (all) right,” said Johnson, a third-year pro who came into the game leading the Bills with 52 catches, including nine for TDs. “You go through the whole game knowing you’ve got a big team like the Pittsburgh Steelers, and you’ve got this kid coming up in the NFL, making plays (all year) and all of a sudden, the biggest play needs to be made, and you don’t make it. How would you feel?

“I feel bad. Not because of me, but because of all the work our team has put in. The defense stopped them (early in overtime). The offense was moving the ball. It came down to that one play, and I dropped the ball.”

Johnson’s teammates shared his pain. The Bills (2-9) have now clinched a losing record for the sixth straight season. They haven’t been to the playoffs since 1999.

The last time the Bills had a winning record was in 2004 when they finished 9-7. But they missed the playoffs because they lost their last game of the season at home to the Steelers, who rested their starters that day — quarterback Ben Roethlisberger among them.

“There were a lot of ups and downs today, but the final result is why the Steelers are the Steelers and we’re having a tough time right now,” said Bills linebacker Paul Posluszny, a former Hopewell High School star. “I mean, in a split second, you think you’re going to be running around and celebrating with your teammates because you think he’s going to make the catch. Then all of a sudden, it’s another tough situation for us. It hurts. That could have been our game.

“It goes to show you that we’re close but not there yet. It doesn’t matter how close we came to winning. It’s a loss. If we want to be a big-time team, we need to beat the Steelers in these kinds of games.”

For a half, it looked like the Steelers would dominate the Bills. They led 13-0 at halftime and had huge advantages in first downs (18-to-4), total yards (225-to-51) and time of possession (23:55-to-6:05).

But in the second half, the Bills refused to be blown out. They caught a big break midway in the third quarter when linebacker James Harrison was called for roughing-the-passer. Three plays later, Bills running back Fred Jackson caught a 65-yard pass for a touchdown that breathed life into the Bills

The Steelers thought they regained control when Shaun Suisham booted a 48-yard field goal for a 16-13 lead with 6:19 left to play. But with two seconds left in regulation, Rian Lindell sent the game into OT with a 49-yard field goal.

“Things looked bleak at times,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin admitted.

Things looked their bleakest for the Steelers when Fitzpatrick launched that pass in overtime to Johnson, who was wide open at the goal line.

But by failing to make the catch that would have beaten the Steelers, Johnson ruined what should have been a wonderful day for the Bills.

Instead, Johnson allowed the Steelers to keep pace with the best teams in the AFC.

“I had the game in my hands and I dropped it,” Johnson said. “Humbled. Humbled. I’ll never get over it.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... -ball.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/november/28/bills-johnson-dropped-more-than-the-ball.html)

Steelskin
11-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Come on, guys, give him a break.... it was God's fault! :nono

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__29/ept_sports_nfl_experts-199308836-1290987173.jpg?ymlqHKEDJMCtqUsX

proudpittsburgher
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah Darrell. Dude was dropping passes all game because we got in his head and he was supposed to be their go to guy. I got his name confused because he hasn't done jack before or since.

Darrell Jackson caught a lot of short passes against us in the super bowl. 5 catches for 50 yards. It was the tight end jeremy stephens whom we got in his head and he dropped everything. Peezy called him soft for a week leadign up to the game and he came through and showed us. Come on guys, it's not like this was a long time ago.