PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defeat corrupt NFL

Crash
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Film at 11.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
When I read the post title, I thought it might be DJ. But I agree 100%, Crash. Two weeks in a row.

Odds are, though, that the refs are going to cause us to lose a tight game this year, and the AFC is so tight, I don't know if we can absorb that.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

brothervad
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Honestly the only way the Steelers can counteract the Goodell Mafia is putting up a 40 spot week in and week out.

I don't believe our offense is designed/capable of that...

As mentioned earlier we will lose a game because of this desire to break the will of the Steelers.

Ask yourself this...why aren't the Ravens getting hammered weekly?

I doubt they are playing a "clean" brand of football.

brothervad

TD386Steel
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Somethings not right. I saw bogus holding calls against the steelers at key times and watch the Bill line hold over and over with no calls it does not hold up. A hold on Harrison, Hoke, and Woodley at the least not called.

Discipline of Steel
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM

thats on tomlin.

Yes, I agree. Steelers win to go 8-3

Flasteel
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I saw one completely bogus holding call and there were several I never had a chance to clearly see. I'm not sure how many there were, but there were far too many called and they obviously weren't all warranted.

Combine that with another RIDICULOUS roughing call against Harrison, and someone in the Steelers upper management needs to start earning some fines.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
you guys need to take your black and gold glasses off.

kemo held on every play and the call on #92 was entirely justified.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
you guys need to take your black and gold glasses off.

kemo held on every play and the call on #92 was entirely justified.

Take your Bills glasses off and you'll see that the call on #92 was wrong. That official was ready to throw the flag before contact was even made.

Crash
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
He pulled it out right after the hit. So even if Harrison was hitting with the shoulder? He would have been flagged.

It was pre-determined, just like the hit on Campbell last week.

tiproast
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Patriots were called for 10 penalties for 100+ yards when they visited Heinz a couple of weeks ago.

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Patriots were called for 10 penalties for 100+ yards when they visited Heinz a couple of weeks ago.

that's because your team is a bunch of cheaters... :D

tiproast
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
that's because your team is a bunch of cheaters... :D
:Beer

sentinel33
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
there is definately a conspiracy against the steelers. that ref was reaching for the flag way early. its getting-no-its beyond ridiculous now.

ALLD
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Yes, there is open season on throwing flags against the Steelers. Even though we deserved many of them today. However, I saw so many non-called holds by the Bills that "lift the veil of hypocracy".

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM

thats on tomlin.

I am starting to agree here. It is starting to seem as if our head coach doesnt have much control of his football team. We may not like what the league is doing but there isnt much that can be done other than adjust to it. The Steelers arent. And all these penalties are adding up to one ugly fact....Tomlin is losing control of his football team.

I know this...Chuck Noll nor Bill Cowher would ever allow this to continue to go on.

Crash
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Tomlin can't make the OL play better. That's why this game was even close.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Tomlin can't make the OL play better. That's why this game was even close.

That and the continued inability of our coaching staff to make in-game adjustments.

Steelhere10
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Tomlin can't make the OL play better. That's why this game was even close.100% Agree...I don't think those guys are too bright.

AngryAsian
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Our OL is patchwork and the bodies replacing the starters are sub-par skill level players... but the poor play is the coaches' fault? Insanity. :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1az90vb5]steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

I am starting to agree here. It is starting to seem as if our head coach doesnt have much control of his football team. We may not like what the league is doing but there isnt much that can be done other than adjust to it. The Steelers arent. And all these penalties are adding up to one ugly fact....Tomlin is losing control of his football team.

I know this...Chuck Noll nor Bill Cowher would ever allow this to continue to go on.[/quote:1az90vb5]

Noll and Cowher aren't dieties. While both were quite successful, excellent coaches overall, they each had multiple teams that epitomized suckiness (Noll's 6-10 in '86 and 5-11 in '88 and Cowher's 6-10 in '99 and '03). Meanwhile, Tomlin is losing control of an 8-3 football team. Alrighty then.

Discipline of Steel
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Please! You are hurting my head with this logic!

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Our OL is patchwork and the bodies replacing the starters are sub-par skill level players... but the poor play is the coaches' fault? Insanity. :roll:

AA if this is directed at me then I think you missed my point. I am not putting the play of the O-line on the head coach. But I am saying this is not a disciplined football team and it appears by the enormous amounts of penalties this team is committing each week that the head coach is losing that aspect of his team. Something that Noll nor Cowher would have allowed.

I know it's hard to see or accept since most Steeler fans want to stand behind the league is out to get us consipiracy....but it is a fact.

papillon
11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1q4elk2k]steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

I know this...Chuck Noll nor Bill Cowher would ever allow this to continue to go on.[/quote:1q4elk2k]

Yea, the players are really turning on Tomlin, he has absolutely no control over these renegade defenders that the Steelers employ. Every team should be so out of control.

Personally, I'm happy to see that the Steelers aren't changing the way they play defense to appease the Goodell and Ray Anderson.

The Harrison hit was as clean and text book as it comes, he simply hit him too hard for today's soft NFL. Kemo held to be sure on the 18 yard completion, James Harrison is held with the arm around the neck at least 3 or 4 times a game without one call. The league is going to be in damage control with the fans with the drastic decline in officiating that has occurred this year.

Pappy

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":yxtdcs8n]steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

I know this...Chuck Noll nor Bill Cowher would ever allow this to continue to go on.

Noll and Cowher aren't dieties. While both were quite successful, excellent coaches overall, they each had multiple teams that epitomized suckiness (Noll's 6-10 in '86 and 5-11 in '88 and Cowher's 6-10 in '99 and '03). Meanwhile, Tomlin is losing control of an 8-3 football team. Alrighty then.[/quote:yxtdcs8n]

Dude is that what I said?? Really??

Question....are the Steelers committing an enormous amount of penalties lately? Are they not becoming an undispciplined team in that regard? And who is responcible for the team being disciplined?

This has nothing to do with wins or losses. And I would hope that you would understand that sometimes you win because of talent despite having character flaws??

steelcurtain44
11-29-2010, 10:13 AM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":195hiq7q]steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

I know this...Chuck Noll nor Bill Cowher would ever allow this to continue to go on.[/quote:195hiq7q]

Are you serious? Not sure how old you are, but do you remember Noll calling his own players part of the criminal element? Remember Greene punching a Denver player in the stomach? What about Lloyd? What about Delton Hall? There were like 9 holding calls in that game. That's Tomlin's fault? The starting o-line, has a rookie, and 2 backups, and 1 player in his 1st year with the Steelers.

They were without their QB for the 1st 4 games of the year. And Tomlin is losing control of his team. 8 and 3 and it's coaching?

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":1s7rq7sj][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1s7rq7sj]steelers did it to the steelers.

thats on tomlin.

Noll and Cowher aren't dieties. While both were quite successful, excellent coaches overall, they each had multiple teams that epitomized suckiness (Noll's 6-10 in '86 and 5-11 in '88 and Cowher's 6-10 in '99 and '03). Meanwhile, Tomlin is losing control of an 8-3 football team. Alrighty then.[/quote:1s7rq7sj]

Dude is that what I said?? Really??

Question....are the Steelers committing an enormous amount of penalties lately? Are they not becoming an undispciplined team in that regard? And who is responcible for the team being disciplined?

This has nothing to do with wins or losses. And I would hope that you would understand that sometimes you win because of talent despite having character flaws??[/quote:1s7rq7sj]

Character flaws? Undisciplined penalties?

Both Harrison personal fouls each of the past 2 weeks, plus the Woodley personal foul and the Clark personal foul last week were all solid football hits...not undisciplined headhunting...the refs just plain suck.

The officials call holding penalties seemingly randomly...Kemoeatu touches a guy's shoulder on a run play and he's called, while Harrison gets clotheslined with a guy hanging off his back as he's rushing the QB and there is no call...not a lack of discipline...terribly inconsistent officiating.

There were a few instances that could be deemed a lack of discipline...a couple of false starts by Scott, an illegal man downfield on Foster, but those types of penalties aren't at an epidemic level at this point.

The Key Fox personal foul seems like it would fall under the category of undiscliplined, but I'm still not 100% sure what happen there (rumors were that a guy on their sidelines who wasn't even in the play hit Fox or something, but I don't know for sure, so I don't want to speculate on this one any further).

papillon
11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Any other team winning games under the circumstances in which the Steleers are winning games and the media would be proclaiming their greatness. Since, it's SOP for the Steelers you hear nothing. As far as I'm concerned at this point in the year Tomlin has to be the leading candidate for coach of the year, not looking for work as some would like to see. He'd be unemployed for about as long as it takes to dial his cell phone number if the Steelers were to fire him.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
11-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Any other team winning games under the circumstances in which the Steleers are winning games and the media would be proclaiming their greatness. Since, it's SOP for the Steelers you hear nothing. As far as I'm concerned at this point in the year Tomlin has to be the leading candidate for coach of the year, not looking for work as some would like to see. He'd be unemployed for about as long as it takes to dial his cell phone number if the Steelers were to fire him.

Pappy

Disagree pappy . . . it would be much quicker. I'm guessing a third of the league owners would have him on speed dial if it ever got out he was on the hot seat. And thankfully, the Rooneys are in charge of this team and not some of the fans on this board.