PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin post Bills PC

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
1. Ben has right foot sprain. That run he made later on that injury is because he is a competitor.
2. Eason - MCL right knee.
3. BMac hammy.
4. We are "appreciative" of the victory.
5. Sep made his biggest kick of the year.
6. "How about Suisham? He's now a Steeler. Casey Hampton even knows his name now!".
7. Stevie Johnson's drop: "It's good to be lucky sometimes".
8. Harrison's hit: "I don't even want to talk about it".
9. Tough sledding in 2nd half, some of the adversity was self-induced.
10. Troy ... that's what we've come to expect from him ...!
11. ARE ran back there when he had to ...

brothervad
11-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I think based on what SAS was saying about Wolf's sideline reports...Tomlin needs to defend his team and stop with the PC BS about how we are trying to play within the game.

Yeah I am saying he needs to take on an us vs them with Goodell and his NFL Mafia.

Take the fine, but I think your team needs you to publicly attack at all opportunities.

brothervad

Flasteel
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm sure his mood was tempered by the victory, but I fully expected him to go off on the officiating. He was hot under the collar for a good 3 plays after the Harrison hit, and it led directly to their ability to put 7 on the board.

Take the fine Tomlin and speak your mind. Target the league and not the refs.

AngryAsian
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I think based on what SAS was saying about Wolf's sideline reports...Tomlin needs to defend his team and stop with the PC BS about how we are trying to play within the game.

Yeah I am saying he needs to take on an us vs them with Goodell and his NFL Mafia.

Take the fine, but I think your team needs you to publicly attack at all opportunities.

brothervad

I'm thinking he's timing his outburst for when it actually costs us a game... and unfortunately the way its looking, its going to happen. Then whatever gun he's going to shoot off, I hope resonates with this team and galvanizes our boys to start romping through the rest of the schedule and through the playoffs.

Ghost
11-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Last 2 weeks:

Steelers - 24 penalties for 270 yards
opponents - 11 penalties for 75 yards

I'm not syaing they had none but what the @#$%? That's an outrageous discrepancy. It's really hard to believe.

brothervad
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
It would be interesting to note the penalties on the Steelers prior to the illegal hit crackdown and the Steeler penalties for the game.

brothervad

ALLD
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
The refs are using the same calculator the commissioner uses to add up fines.

Crash
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
He can't go off. We went off this week and look what happened again?

We are helpless. Harrison will be suspended also just so GOD can rub our noses in it.

Northern_Blitz
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM

brothervad

I'm thinking he's timing his outburst for when it actually costs us a game... and unfortunately the way its looking, its going to happen. Then whatever gun he's going to shoot off, I hope resonates with this team and galvanizes our boys to start romping through the rest of the schedule and through the playoffs.

There is no benifit from doing this in public. I'm betting that the story in practice is much more in line with what the fans are saying. A coaches tirade in a PC will make the fans feel better, but will only lead to more fines / disciplinary action from the league.

Plus, how many of us always complain about how the Rats fans/coaches bitch and whine about the refs. Ultimately, the team has to execute and put points up.

Good to be lucky on that drop, but if Sanders catches the one he dropped it could have easily been 6 too. We really need to do more on O...especially next week against a much tougher D than we saw this week.

Dee Dub
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Last 2 weeks:

I'm not syaing they had none but what the @#$%? That's an outrageous discrepancy. It's really hard to believe.

I dont know but there were a lot of holding calls that were actually holding. When you are pulling guys down by their jersey or have them around the neck it is a holding penalty.

Last week was bad I admit but this week I think for the most part the calls against the Steelers were legit.

Instead of wanting Tomlin to go off against the league why not want him to get in the face of his team and have them make adjustments to what the league is now doing?

brothervad
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
We? who in the hell is we?

Tomlin by my recollection went off once.

Look if your gonna go down, you might as well go down fighting...

You honestly think not going off is going to change anything...

Under the new NFL we don't have a team designed for it...our corners cannot play tight man coverage.

Ergo, whether (as you say) we sound off or not is irrelevant.

In fact, Tomlin said last week "We let the game get away from us..."

that is not sounding off

I think there was a point where the Steelers D coalesced after they realized since they are damned regardless, just play your game.

That's what I mean Crash...better to burn out, than fade away (apologize for the Def Leppard reference :) )

brothervad

Northern_Blitz
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Last 2 weeks:

I dont know but there were a lot of holding calls that were actually holding. When you are pulling guys down by their jersey or have them around the neck it is a holding penalty.

Last week was bad I admit but this week I think for the most part the calls against the Steelers were legit.

Instead of wanting Tomlin to go off against the league why not want him to get in the face of his team and have them make adjustments to what the league is now doing?

+1...I think that the Harrison call was BS (he hit him in the chest), but other than that the looked legit. WTF was Fox thinking BTW.

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
[quote=Ghost]Last 2 weeks:

+1...I think that the Harrison call was BS (he hit him in the chest), but other than that the looked legit. WTF was Fox thinking BTW.[/quote:l4k9teux]

But then they need to start calling holding against the Bills as well. I saw one play Woodley was clearly held and never got called. That hold was worse than anything Kemo ever did. How you can call several holds against one team and never the other is beyond ridiculous.

Flasteel
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
There is no benifit from doing this in public.

I disagree. Someone needs to start standing up for the game we all love. The more people are vocal about it, the more attention the issue will get.

Steelhere10
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Two holding calls were BS the rest was legit, I also thought the Harrison hit was borderline. But my partner thought it was a clean hit.

msp26505
11-28-2010, 09:34 PM
...better to burn out, than fade away (apologize for the Def Leppard reference :) )

brothervad

That line came before Def Leppard.

My first recollection of it was from Neil Young in "Hey Hey, My My", but it seems so well-known that I think it may have even come before Neil.

Good writers borrow. Great writers steal...

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
...better to burn out, than fade away (apologize for the Def Leppard reference :) )

brothervad

That line came before Def Leppard.

My first recollection of it was from Neil Young in "Hey Hey, My My", but it seems so well-known that I think it may have even come before Neil.

Good writers borrow. Great writers steal...

I have always associated that phrase with Neil Young.

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles/86820/projects/168271/868201231808792.jpg

Ghost
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Last 2 weeks:

Every single week you can watch Harrison and to a lesser amount the other linebackers with an arm around a neck - hell, it's the only way he gets stopped and its almost never called.

I hate bitching about refs. It's weak. But I've never witnessed anything like the last two games. Sure there were some penalties (24 -11 is absurd) but are we to pretend the Bills didn't hold all game? Even Dilfer was disgusted at the roughing the passer call. And the Kemo hold call on Mendy's long run was flat out bull sh!t.

I will be shocked if the Steelers do not lose a game this season to a blown call by a ref.

flippy
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
The calls were ok. We needed to put more TDs on the scoreboard in the first half when we were dominant. This game shoulda been so far out of hand it didn't matter what the refs did.

Kemo held cause he had to. He was getting dominated all day.

The Harrison call is the only big call I'd question against us. But at least it was close enough that I could understand that call with the effect of Harrison's rep (and I'm not saying his rep is fair).

The biggest call I question was on the final Bills drive in regulation. The refs reviewed a catch after the Bills spiked the ball. I thought a play couldn't be reviewed after the next play takes place. And then the down reverted to 1-10 from 2-10 and the clock was stopped. That seemed like some shennanigans to me. And if it wasn't for that review and extra down, the game could have ended in regulation.

Djfan
11-29-2010, 02:01 AM
The calls were ok. We needed to put more TDs on the scoreboard in the first half when we were dominant. This game shoulda been so far out of hand it didn't matter what the refs did.

Kemo held cause he had to. He was getting dominated all day.

The Harrison call is the only big call I'd question against us. But at least it was close enough that I could understand that call with the effect of Harrison's rep (and I'm not saying his rep is fair).

The biggest call I question was on the final Bills drive in regulation. The refs reviewed a catch after the Bills spiked the ball. I thought a play couldn't be reviewed after the next play takes place. And then the down reverted to 1-10 from 2-10 and the clock was stopped. That seemed like some shennanigans to me. And if it wasn't for that review and extra down, the game could have ended in regulation.

It was reported that a time out was called before the hike for that spike. That's why it could be reviewed - the spike didn't happen.

NorthCoast
11-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Public condemnations will only bring more negative outcomes from the league. This is no different than a 'whistleblower' scenario where the employee eventually has to leave his place of employment due to hostile work conditions.

Tomlin has been handling things fine. I want a classy organization to stay classy. Not some Oakland or whiney Tom Coughlin. THere are other channels in which to address these matters.

proudpittsburgher
11-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Public condemnations will only bring more negative outcomes from the league. This is no different than a 'whistleblower' scenario where the employee eventually has to leave his place of employment due to hostile work conditions.

Tomlin has been handling things fine. I want a classy organization to stay classy. Not some Oakland or whiney Tom Coughlin. THere are other channels in which to address these matters.

^^Agreed 100%. I get tired of reading on these message boards that Tomlin needs to step up and say something. Has anyone heard the press conferences? It is clear that Coach Tomlin is speaking out without actually criticising the league, thus getting fined. We are starting to look at this all wrong. This is going to bring this team together in a big way. I don't know if they can overcome the injuries and poor play out of some of their backups to get to the super bowl, but it is going to make them the best they can be. Us against the world (league) is a powerful motivator.

SuperSize
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM

^^Agreed 100%. I get tired of reading on these message boards that Tomlin needs to step up and say something. Has anyone heard the press conferences? It is clear that Coach Tomlin is speaking out without actually criticising the league, thus getting fined. We are starting to look at this all wrong. This is going to bring this team together in a big way. I don't know if they can overcome the injuries and poor play out of some of their backups to get to the super bowl, but it is going to make them the best they can be. Us against the world (league) is a powerful motivator.

I will agree with your agreement. There is NOTHING to gain from complaining in the media about this situation. One reason is that it would only bring closer scrutiny to the Steelers & their aggressive play. The other reason, and one we should all be aware of, is that Tomlin is NEVER going to provide an "excuse" for his players to not perform at a winning level. How many times has "the standard stays the same" been quoted? He wants his players to believe that even if everything is stacked against them, they can still win, and are expected to win.

On the other hand, does anyone really believe that Tomlin isn't using this situation behind closed doors to motivate? I'm sure that he is bringing this up in some reverse-psychology way to create an "us against the world" mentality.

Pete

proudpittsburgher
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM

I will agree with your agreement. There is NOTHING to gain from complaining in the media about this situation. One reason is that it would only bring closer scrutiny to the Steelers & their aggressive play. The other reason, and one we should all be aware of, is that Tomlin is NEVER going to provide an "excuse" for his players to not perform at a winning level. How many times has "the standard stays the same" been quoted? He wants his players to believe that even if everything is stacked against them, they can still win, and are expected to win.

On the other hand, does anyone really believe that Tomlin isn't using this situation behind closed doors to motivate? I'm sure that he is bringing this up in some reverse-psychology way to create an "us against the world" mentality.

Pete

I totally believe that what Coach says in the pressers and what he says behind closed doors is totally different. The team knows he has their back.

NorthCoast
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Pete

I totally believe that what Coach says in the pressers and what he says behind closed doors is totally different. The team knows he has their back.

The way Harrison and others continue to play despite the flags tells me this is true. That's all that counts in my book. Play hard and let the chips fall.

Ghost
12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
The way Harrison and others continue to play despite the flags tells me this is true. That's all that counts in my book. Play hard and let the chips fall.

That's all well and good until one of these a$$clown refs has his hand on a flag to throw before the sack even occurrs and it's a game changing play. A 3rd or 4th down where the other team gets another shot because of a bogus penalty.

This needs to be handled at a level above Tomlin. The inconsistent refereeing needs to be addressed - as of now, the NFL has stuk it's head in the sand and says, "nothing to see here" the refs are doing a wonderful job.