PDA

View Full Version : I need a video- Harrison roughing the passer

D Rock
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey if anyone can find it, please post a video of the replay of Harrison's roughing call

I swear I saw the ref grabbing his flag before the hit even occurred, and I would like to confirm that.

focosteeler
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
i agree i thought that is what it looked like.....do you think that the hit/penalty means we lose harrison for next week?

flippy
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I swear I saw Goodell call him on his cell and tell him to throw a flag on Harrison before it happened ;)

pittpete
11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I was on th ephone w/ my bro.
I did the rewind several times and the ref had his hand on the flag before the two hit the ground.

In all honesty, Harrison needs to stop leading with his helmet.
I honestly dont think he's smart enough to realize the refs are targeting him and these 15 yarders are kiiling us.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Looked to me like Harrison made contact with his shoulder, not his helmet.

Crash
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Bob Pompiani said the same thing DURING the game as well.

I haven't looked yet but I would say if two people saw it it has to be true.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Looked to me like Harrisons helmet hit him in the chest and it quickly slid up to the dudes facemask. Text book tackle other than more of the top of his helmet hit Fitzpatrick in the chest than the facemask, but still was helmet to chest on initial impact.

Discipline of Steel
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
That same hit was not fined when Favre was knocked out of game 7 or 8 with a jaw injury.

D Rock
11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
[youtube:2sueyemx]lwS8Clfp2vM[/youtube:2sueyemx]

this is the best I've seen so far. The replay I really wanted to see was the one they showed a couple plays later, as it had the ref in the picture very clearly in the background though out the play.

this one shows that Harrison definitely went facemask to chest though. Penalized? Ok...it's in the speed of the game.

Fined? After having the chance to watch replays? That would be a travesty.

tiproast
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
That same hit was not fined when Favre was knocked out of game 7 or 8 with a jaw injury.
Agree that the hit was very similar to the Myron Pryor hit on Favre.

And Pryor was fined $5000 for his hit.

Crash
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM

He was fined.

Crash
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
He grabbed the flag as soon as he hit him. So in an instant he was able to claim he hit him with his helmet.

James is short, his helmet is going to hit something at some point.

flippy
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
[youtube:152gsob5]lwS8Clfp2vM[/youtube:152gsob5]

this is the best I've seen so far. The replay I really wanted to see was the one they showed a couple plays later, as it had the ref in the picture very clearly in the background though out the play.

this one shows that Harrison definitely went facemask to chest though. Penalized? Ok...it's in the speed of the game.

Fined? After having the chance to watch replays? That would be a travesty.

If you look close at 31 seconds, Harrison is looking at the numbers. And his head is slightly to the left of the QB. So it's most likely the initial contact was with the shoulder imho.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-28-2010, 07:42 PM
If that is a penalty, let alone a fine in the making, then the NFL is completely a BS league that this AHOLE Goodell is skewing into some high flying non-contact show that is so watered down it is incredible. They are essentially tying defenders hands so they can't defend.

What amazes me is that the Steelers offense rarely gets those calls.

Djfan
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
The NFLN just gave the front office line about it being a bad hit.

The league wants Steelers football to be a thing of the past. We all have to play Peyton ball from now on.

Shawn
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh Harrison is getting fined...make no mistake about it. Who knows this might be the one that gets him suspended.

jj28west
11-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Because of his size and stature with his arms being short isnt he always going to have this effect when he tackles through the opponent in real time? What if the opponent ducks? Then this will be a crap shoot all day.

brothervad
11-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Suspension--I want to see if they have the balls to do it for the Ravens game...we all think it's officially a conspiracy, but to do it with the AFC North at hand would just be completely taking the mask off for all to see.

brothervad

brothervad
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
And don't think these QB's aren't being told when #92 hits em that it's time to put on an Oscar performance.

brothervad

Djfan
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
If NoGoodell suspends Harrison for the Rats game you know that there is a conspiracy.

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Suspension--I want to see if they have the balls to do it for the Ravens game...we all think it's officially a conspiracy, but to do it with the AFC North at hand would just be completely taking the mask off for all to see.

brothervad

I have a feeling that's exactly what will happen. I called it in the chat room. I expect a large fine for Harrison and 1 game suspension. I hope I'm wrong, but Goodell is probably salivating at the thought of it.

brothervad
11-28-2010, 08:50 PM

brothervad

I have a feeling that's exactly what will happen. I called it in the chat room. I expect a large fine for Harrison and 1 game suspension. I hope I'm wrong, but Goodell is probably salivating at the thought of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the Rats game for the suspension (if it does happen).

He will appeal the suspension and it will take past the Ravens game for that appeal to be decided IIRC.

that doesn't diminish the BS or the fact that the mask will be truly off at that point though.

(Of course maybe the NFL has some sort of Steeler expidited decision on appeals that I am unaware of ;) )

brothervad

Steelgal
11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
On ESPN, Dilfer just said "I'm done" in reference to the penalty. Pretty much disgusted by the call and someone else said "this is coming from a quarterback". Even TJ said the hit was clearly to the chest and not a penalty. It was also noted, by TJ I think, how fast the flag came out for Harrison. One other panelist also said it wasn't even the hardest hit of the day.

Schefter said the league will review it and a fine is certainly possible, but he doesn't think a suspension was warranted.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Bob Pompiani said the same thing DURING the game as well.

I haven't looked yet but I would say if two people saw it it has to be true.

I agree.....

It only took two people to accuse Ben of sexual assault and it was taken as truth....so two seems to be the magic number.

papillon
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Okay, lets assume that Harrison's hit was illegal. Can someone, anyone, please tell, explain or describe to me how James Harrison is supposed to tackle the quarterback on that play? Please anyone. How in the h3ll are supposed to tackle in today's NFL? I don't know how you tackle without making contact with your helmet somewhere.

Lets say Harrison actually got his head to the side of Fitzpatrick but hit him just as hgard with his should and then landed on him. Wouldn't that be a penalty for landing on him with his full body weight, like last week or week before? There is simply no way to tackle a quarterback without a flag being thrown.

It's getting to be less and less fun to watch football, even Steeler football.

Pappy

Lebsteel
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Okay, lets assume that Harrison's hit was illegal. Can someone, anyone, please tell, explain or describe to me how James Harrison is supposed to tackle the quarterback on that play? Please anyone. How in the h3ll are supposed to tackle in today's NFL? I don't know how you tackle without making contact with your helmet somewhere.

Lets say Harrison actually got his head to the side of Fitzpatrick but hit him just as hgard with his should and then landed on him. Wouldn't that be a penalty for landing on him with his full body weight, like last week or week before? There is simply no way to tackle a quarterback without a flag being thrown.

Pappy
Yea, totally agree with you, Pappy. I watched the replay several times on my DVR in slow motion and it was a textbook tackle.

focosteeler
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
On ESPN, Dilfer just said "I'm done" in reference to the penalty. Pretty much disgusted by the call and someone else said "this is coming from a quarterback". Even TJ said the hit was clearly to the chest and not a penalty. It was also noted, by TJ I think, how fast the flag came out for Harrison. One other panelist also said it wasn't even the hardest hit of the day.

Schefter said the league will review it and a fine is certainly possible, but he doesn't think a suspension was warranted.

this is angering me so much i wish i could fill my rants with obsenities :HeadBanger ....you know this sh*t is getting out of control when a f***ing EX-QUARTERBACK is getting pissed about it...its like last week when Fouts said they should be wearing skirts...im just waiting for an announcer to leave the booth during a game beacuse they cant take it anymore :HeadBanger

steelsnis
11-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Lets say Harrison actually got his head to the side of Fitzpatrick but hit him just as hgard with his should and then landed on him. Wouldn't that be a penalty for landing on him with his full body weight, like last week or week before? There is simply no way to tackle a quarterback without a flag being thrown

This ^^^

Captain Lemming
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
If NoGoodell suspends Harrison for the Rats game you know that there is a conspiracy.

http://www.philstockworld.com/wp-content/uploads/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

grotonsteel
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Even Tomlin was upset with the call..he was very animated while talking to the Refs.

If Harrison is suspended then i think Crash is correct about Goodell lovefest with Baltimore.

Crash
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
The love fest is there. It was confirmed when he scheduled the Ravens in week 4 in Pittsburgh.

The AFC North may be decided by lying whores.

feltdizz
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Harrison is being targeted for saying he wanted to hurt people when he tackles them. They are going to fine or flag Harrison anytime he hits a QB hard...

Mister Pittsburgh
11-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I think QB's are supposed to just be hugged now. Get in there and give him a big hug. Unless it is Ben, then rip his head off.

SteelTorch
11-29-2010, 11:22 AM

Pappy
I think Marvin Lewis of all people put it best: "I guess you have to cuddle him to the ground." :P

sentinel33
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
bens style of play makes it hard to argue against the "no-calls" on ben. he's so good at pullin houdinis on opponents that the refs tend to extend the plays for him. sometimes it works. sometimes it doesnt. as a steeler fan i have to be neutral in that regard-except for the slug to the face by seymour. still believe that if it had been a manning or brady or breez the penalty would have been much stiffer. thats goodell.
as far as harrison, im sick to my stomach. what can this guy do? the last two hits that he was flagged for were fine. you can tell he is trying to not hit the qb in the helmet. he has adjusted but it does not matter. goodell again. pussifying the league. might as well make rushing the passer illegal all together.
where is that petition to have goodell ousted? impeach that idiot.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM

Pappy
I think Marvin Lewis of all people put it best: "I guess you have to cuddle him to the ground." :P

LOL. Now that is funny... :lol:

skyhawk
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Totally legal hit. Harrison could not have let up or changed his trajectory.

The REF knew he was going to call the penatly regardless. Look at his body language. Threw the flag and two two steps BACK. BS.

hawaiiansteel
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
it's nice to see Tomlin defending Deebo :Clap

Steelers' Harrison fined $25K

Updated Nov 30, 2010 6:43 PM ET

Already irked about the $100,000 in fines accumulated by James Harrison, Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin can’t be happy about his star linebacker’s latest NFL punishment.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that Harrison was fined another $25,000 Tuesday for a helmet-leading strike on Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick in last Sunday’s 19-16 overtime win over the Bills. That raises Harrison’s 2010 fine total to $125,000 for four hit-related infractions.

Harrison’s punishment wasn’t reported before Tomlin’s weekly Tuesday appearance on Sirius NFL Radio. Tomlin, though, told me and co-host Rich Gannon that he believes the magnitude of the previous $100,000 in fines levied on Harrison isn’t being publicly appreciated. This is because of the perception that $100,000 isn’t a major sum for a player like Harrison, who is earning $3.55 million this season.

“We talk about the money like it’s Monopoly money sometimes just because these guys happen to be professional athletes,” Tomlin said. “($100,000) is ($100,000), I don’t care how much money you make. I take offense at times just in general how all of us talk about the money. ... He’s got two kids. That’s some serious college schooling right there potentially for those kids 16, 18 years from now.”

Tomlin also said the NFL fines have drawn attention away from what he described as Harrison’s NFL Defensive MVP-caliber season. Harrison has already notched his third consecutive campaign with double-digit sacks as well as two interceptions and six forced fumbles with five games remaining in the regular season.

“He’s been a catalyst when we’ve needed him at just about every turn,” said Tomlin, whose team fields the NFL’s fifth-ranked defense. “He’s playing really good football.

“In regards to the penalties and fines, there’s no question it’s been troubling for him on a number of fronts. This is a very disciplined and regimented guy. He doesn’t like the perception of being a dirty player. He’s not by any stretch. He’s a football purist. But also, he’s concerned about hurting our team."

Harrison was previously fined for helmet hits on Cleveland wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi ($75,000) and New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees ($20,000) as well as a $5,000 roughing penalty on Tennessee quarterback Vince Young. Harrison received notification Monday that his appeal of those fines was rejected, the Post-Gazette reported.

“He’s trying to play within the rules,” Tomlin said. “There’s just a lot of things that happen fast on an NFL field. Sometimes things get interpreted differently.

“We’re going to do the very best we can to try and play within the rules, play hard and play fair. That’s all we can control. We’re not going to get too out of whack when it comes to dealing with these things as long as I’m seeing guys doing everything within their power to play within the rules.”

One-third of Pittsburgh’s 72 penalties have come within the past two weeks. While 14 of those 24 infractions were committed on offense, there is a sentiment among Steelers defenders that they are being targeted by NFL officials under pressure from the league offense to better protect offensive players.

“Right now, it’s a game where the referees have to be on edge,” Steelers safety Ryan Clark said after his team’s 14-penalty performance in a 35-3 victory over Oakland. “It’s kind of ‘Make the call first, review it later.’”

Even if there is truth to what Clark believes, Tomlin is working to tighten up his ship heading into Sunday’s game at Baltimore (8-3). The winner will move into sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

“We realize that if we go into Baltimore and we’re as heavily penalized as the past two weeks, chances are we’re not going to win the game,” Tomlin said. “Our preparation needs to be technique-oriented so we can be as clean as possible.”

Tomlin appears weekly during the regular season between 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m. ET Tuesdays with FOXSports.com NFL contributor Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on Sirius NFL Radio, Channel 124.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike ... nfl-113010 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-tomlin-defends-steelers-linebacker-james-harrison-fines-nfl-113010)

skyhawk
11-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Just FYI, the NFL has taken the video off of youtube.

They don't want more people seeing how bogus the call was. :moon