PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau, Are You Watching the Lions?

BradshawsHairdresser
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
So far, they're doing a lot better job of defending vs. Brady and Co. than you did.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Bruce Arians, are you watching the Lions? So far, they're doing a lot better job of attacking the Patriots' defense than you did.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Friggin *s winning. Hate em. Sorry, it's Thanksgiving, I'll say instead, they challenge my NFL equipoise.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Friggin *s winning. Hate em. Sorry, it's Thanksgiving, I'll say instead, they challenge my NFL equipoise.

be careful, Equipoise can cause sexual dysfunction... :lol:

Djfan
11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
On that long Branch TD, there was holding BLATANT.

DukieBoy
11-25-2010, 04:19 PM

If you have it for more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical help. I think Phil Sims must have it - he's sniffin' Brady's jock and just can't quit him.

I imagine the *'s are stealing signals this half.

Still waiting for Chung to get fined for the H2H on Hines ... proof to me that the NFL has it out for the Steelers.

pittpete
11-25-2010, 04:33 PM
45 points, hope you shut the game off Mr. Lebeau :roll:

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 04:54 PM

copying anything the Lions ever do defensively is probably never a good idea... :D

Captain Lemming
11-25-2010, 06:05 PM

copying anything the Lions ever do defensively is probably never a good idea... :D

Shows how brilliant our "couch coaching" staff really is now doesn't it? :roll:

Oviedo
11-26-2010, 10:23 AM
I think the lesson is when you get pressure Brady is very normal but when you quit pressuring he becomes unstoppable. You don't pressure him rushing 3 DL.

Task ahead is blitz him like crazy and blitz him again. I'll bet you won't see the Jets rushing 3 men when they play the Pats in their next game.

NorthCoast
11-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I think the lesson is when you get pressure Brady is very normal but when you quit pressuring he becomes unstoppable. You don't pressure him rushing 3 DL.

Task ahead is blitz him like crazy and blitz him again. I'll bet you won't see the Jets rushing 3 men when they play the Pats in their next game.

The difference is the Jets have corners that can play man and jam the WRs. We don't (or LeBeau won't let them, not sure which is true).

NorthCoast
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Bruce Arians, are you watching the Lions? So far, they're doing a lot better job of attacking the Patriots' defense than you did.

Actually I did note the struggles the Pats were having when Detroit went into the shotgun but ran out of that formation. It forced the Pat's defense to keep people off the line to defend the pass and opened up some nice runs.

Gee, if we only had a OC that could be creative like that....

Northern_Blitz
11-26-2010, 10:57 AM

I didn't see the game because I had to work.

I think the key to playing the Pats is mixing it up. If you do anything consistantly, Brady will figure you out and kill you in the second half. We seem to have had the same game plan against them for the past decade or so...

SteelerEmpire
11-26-2010, 11:52 AM

Yea. That about sum's it up. I was watching. In the 2nd half they abandoned the blitz and Brady tore them up... WHY they stopped what was working for them I don't know ? But the Patriots HAVE BEEN EXPOSED AS WELL because even though they've been winning games, WE KNOW what it takes to defeat them, why defenses stop the blitz against these guys is beyond comprehension.

fezziwig
11-26-2010, 11:57 AM
On that long Branch TD, there was holding BLATANT.

Oh, you've only just seen that hold by the Patriots ? Look again my friend, they have the master agreement on that way of playing.

Watch and see if we end up playing the Patriots in the playoffs, that is when they will start mugging our receivers.........and get away with it.

rpmpit
11-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Didn't the Giants show this a few years ago in the SB??? Sure, they did it mostly with their DLs. But we certainly can bring our LBs and create pressure. The question is WHY DIDN'T WE???

BradshawsHairdresser
11-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Yea. That about sum's it up. I was watching. In the 2nd half they abandoned the blitz and Brady tore them up... WHY they stopped what was working for them I don't know ? But the Patriots HAVE BEEN EXPOSED AS WELL because even though they've been winning games, WE KNOW what it takes to defeat them, why defenses stop the blitz against these guys is beyond comprehension.

$$$
When I started this thread, the Lions were getting PRESSURE on Marcia, and it was working--Lions were winning. Don't know why LeBeau can't seem to comprehend that that's the way to beat the *'s. Jam their receivers at the LOS and bring pressure.
Will they burn you on a couple of plays with that strategy? Possibly. But you're also going to force some three-and-outs and probably a couple of turnovers. Seems like it would be preferable to letting them them march down the field at will every time they have the ball.

steelz09
11-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I agree.... couch coaching or not....

We need to jam the WR's and blitz our LB's.

Sitting back and giving Brady & his WR's a 10 yard cushion expecting him to make wrong reads and mistakes is just stupid on our part. I don't know why we don't change our approach against the Pats. Because lets face it, our approach has worked so well against Brady & Co historically :roll:

Our strategy works against 95% of all QB's in this league. However, our defense is in trouble against a QB that makes quick, good reads and spreads the ball around (ala Brady, Brees). Those QB's will beat the Steelers 3-5 yards at a time.

fezziwig
11-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Sitting back and giving Brady & his WR's a 10 yard cushion expecting him to make wrong reads and mistakes is just stupid on our part. I don't know why we don't change our approach against the Pats. Because lets face it, our approach has worked so well against Brady & Co historically :roll:

Our strategy works against 95% of all QB's in this league. However, our defense is in trouble against a QB that makes quick, good reads and spreads the ball around (ala Brady, Brees). Those QB's will beat the Steelers 3-5 yards at a time.

$$$$$$$$$ you are all correct but you really made a point about Brady not being fooled by our stuff. BRING THE PRESSURE and he losses composure.

PS, we have enough depth to bring in enough fresh players to cause him fits.

Shawn
11-26-2010, 05:17 PM

If you have it for more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical help. I think Phil Sims must have it - he's sniffin' Brady's jock and just can't quit him.

I imagine the *'s are stealing signals this half.

Still waiting for Chung to get fined for the H2H on Hines ... proof to me that the NFL has it out for the Steelers.

Brady deserves every bit of the respect he gets from the media.

Shawn
11-26-2010, 05:20 PM

I have to agree. Guys like Brady and Manning are timing QBs. You disrupt their game by applying pressure and distrupting the timing. The problem we currently have is McFadden. We have to give him help on any WR that can run a sub 4.5 which is most. If he is to bump...he will get burned.

birtikidis
11-26-2010, 05:47 PM

I have to agree. Guys like Brady and Manning are timing QBs. You disrupt their game by applying pressure and distrupting the timing. The problem we currently have is McFadden. We have to give him help on any WR that can run a sub 4.5 which is most. If he is to bump...he will get burned.
Hell you'd have to give bmac help if it were Flozell running the pattern

grotonsteel
11-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Unfortunately Steelers don't have CB who can play man-to-man coverage maybe except Ike.

But if i was DL i would take my chances with Blitz and jamming the WR at LOS. That is the only way to defeat Brady and Stains did the same thing a week ago.