PDA

View Full Version : No fines for Steelers

Djfan
11-24-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
No fines for Steelers

Further enforcing the idea that the Steelers had some very bad calls against them in Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders is the fact that no fines were assessed to any of the team's players by the NFL this week.

Under normal circumstances, when a player draws a personal foul, the league looks at it and assesses a fine - in addition to the in-game penalty.

In this case, no notice of fines were awaiting the players in the locker room when they returned Wednesday to prepare to play the Buffalo Bills this Sunday.

I spoke privately with a couple of players about the issue and they think they're being watched more closely than other teams, which may have been a factor in the flags that were thrown Sunday.

It's hard to argue that theory after watching Sunday's game.

Now, there's a reason to give thanks tomorrow!!

brothervad
11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Call me selfish on this Thanksgiving holiday, but I want more. I want an apology by the NFL on how bad these calls were.

Maybe then, I will give thanks

:)

brothervad

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow, how the outlook has changed. We are now supposed to be thankful because not one fine came from that officiating debacle on Sunday?

Seriously, what was it that anyone thought could possibly be deserving of a fine?

Man, football used to be about the build up to Sunday, not the anxiety attack until Wednesday. :roll:

JDSteeler
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
It's NOT the games that everyone is talking about anymore...

Due to godell, driving a stake into the nfl's heart with all this Illegal Hits
garbage, it will take years to fix the problems that have now been created,
as a result.

All last week, the only conversation I had about the game, was how bad the
officiating was vs the Raidahs...

We did'nt talk about Manny Sanders' beautiful catch for a TD, no, what we talked about
was, d!ck geymour popping Ben in the face with a sucker punch, and the "Soft"
$25k fine he received. And again, it's the only thang anyone is talking about...

How about how well Ben played, or the defense, or special teams.....nope, none of that.

I hope this kind of conversation is what the commish godell likes to see....
...because this is going to be the convo around the "water-cooler" for sometime to come.

Way to go there roger, way to go!!!

Let's start a chant!!!

Here we go rog, here we go!!!....Here we go rog, here we go!!!!...

PS. Normally, I would capitalize a person's name, or company name, because it's a proper noun...
but since rog godell is such an Idiot for turning the nfl into a pansy league I can't give either
that respect. Same for richard geymour. He's always been such a pr!ck, I refuse to give him any respect!!!

JD = Capitalized!!

papillon
11-25-2010, 12:16 PM

I agree 100% I stated this in another post, but can't remember the thread. Football has become more about refereeing, Goodell and his lackey Ray Anderson than it is about hitting, tackling and game planning.

as a result.

The NFL has been changed forever it will never return to the ghlory years prior to Goodell putting his legacy on the game.

Yup and expect more of the conversation to be dominated by poor officiating and subjective bullsh1t calls.

We did'nt talk about Manny Sanders' beautiful catch for a TD, no, what we talked about
$25k fine he received. and again, it's the only thang anyone is talking about...

It really is a shame and you're correct, Sanders made a great play and you wouldn't even know it by reading the board, sad really.

How about how well Ben played, or the defense, or special teams.....nope, none of that.

- :Bow :Bow -

...because this is going to the convo around the "water-cooler" for sometime to come.

Let's start a chant!!!

PS. Normally, I would capitalize a person's name, or company name, because it's a proper noun...but since rog godell is such an Idiot for turning the nfl into a pansy league I can't give either that respect. Same for richard geymour. He's always been such a
pr!ck, I refuse to give him any respect!!!

JD = Capitalized!!

Pappy

JDSteeler
11-25-2010, 12:21 PM

I agree 100% I stated this in another post, but can't remember the thread. Football has become more about refereeing, Goodell and his lackey Ray Anderson than it is about hitting, tackling and game planning.

as a result.

The NFL has been changed forever it will never return to the ghlory years prior to Goodell putting his legacy on the game.

Yup and expect more of the conversation to be dominated by poor officiating and subjective bullsh1t calls.

$25k fine he received. and again, it's the only thang anyone is talking about...

It really is a shame and you're correct, Sanders made a great play and you wouldn't even know it by reading the board, sad really.

...because this is going to the convo around the "water-cooler" for sometime to come.

Let's start a chant!!!

PS. Normally, I would capitalize a person's name, or company name, because it's a proper noun...but since rog godell is such an Idiot for turning the nfl into a pansy league I can't give either that respect. Same for richard geymour. He's always been such a

JD = Capitalized!!

Pappy

To me, this all a bad friggin dream....somebody please just wake me up!!!

JD

papillon
11-25-2010, 12:31 PM

as a result.

Let's start a chant!!!

JD = Capitalized!!

Pappy

To me, this all a bad friggin dream....somebody please just wake me up!!!

JD

I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, I believe the league has changed for the worse and it won't be reverting back to the good days any time soon, IMHO, even if Goodell were to be fired tomorrow, he's been deplorable as the CEO of this league.

The league is crumbling from within and no one sees it coming, similar to the Roman empire of ancient history.

Pappy

rpmpit
11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Hopefully this is a sign that Goodell himself realizes how blatant his focus on the Steelers has been. Let's see if it translates to fewer penalties and fines the rest of the season.

NorthCoast
11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
It's their grand plan for leveling the playing field in the NFL. The Steelers were No. 1 in scoring defense and No. 1 in yards allowed. That is a stifling defense. Now start to call bogus penalties and suddenly the opponent gets huge chunks of yards without having to execute a good play. The games have become a joke when the refs get more PT than the teams.