PDA

View Full Version : Is Goodell just a lightning rod?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Are the real :twisted: evil ones ... the owners??

Presumably, the transformation into the National Pansy League is being made because it is believed more revenue will come of that. I mean, if it was thought less revenue would result, do you think the owners would sit on their hands? Goodell would have his handed to him in a little sack if they thought he was blowing their money.

So, assuming he is doing this with the blessing the owners ... I wonder if it's something they voted on? Or is it just a power play by just a few that are pushing him, and the others are being bullied into silence?

I wonder if there will ever be any "leaks" about this sort of info. Surely there's a lot of money to be made by taking the story to ESPN, or heck, there's so much money involved, even the WSJ or something.

What do you guys think?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, all I hope is the players union says that one stipulation of signing a new CBA is Goodell is out, and a new governing type body is in where it isn't just one man. You don't need one commissioner to make decisions. Do it the american way where you have a panel of some odd number of individuals compiled of a variety of people pulled from a variety of different landscapes across the NFL. Current players, Former players, owners, hell, even referees.

Another thing I would like to see the players hold out for is full time referees. Enough with the biology teachers and whatever else deciding the outcomes of games.

Oviedo
11-24-2010, 09:09 AM
No, I think he is just a terrible manager. If he was working for a Fortune 500 compnay the board of directors would put him out on his butt. He has no standards and makes things up as he goes.

If he wasn't running the NFL with their labor exemptions he would have numerous formal complaints filed against him and would be legally in hot water.

The guy is horrible.

feltdizz
11-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Maybe... for every owner who is mad there player is getting fined there is an owner who is ok with it.

I think if the owners had a problem they would show him the door or push to have him removed.

People need to remember this lockout is because the owners want more money... I wouldn't be surprised if they want their players protected so they can play a longer season.

Nothing will change if Goodell left... the next guy would keep things in place just like the POTUS.

fezziwig
11-24-2010, 09:37 AM
he's a sex rod, that's for sure.

Oviedo
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe... for every owner who is mad there player is getting fined there is an owner who is ok with it.

I think if the owners had a problem they would show him the door or push to have him removed.

People need to remember this lockout is because the owners want more money... I wouldn't be surprised if they want their players protected so they can play a longer season.

Nothing will change if Goodell left... the next guy would keep things in place just like the POTUS.

Goodell's big push on "player safety" the season is a farce so he can artifically reduce the statistics that the union will bring forward against the 18 game schedule. He is trying to skew the data to make a more favorable negotiating position for the league so they won't have to give up as much to the players to get 18 games because he knows the union will demand much more in medical and pension benefits to agree to 18 games.

That is all this is about and he has the referees ruining games in an attempt to get the players to back off and limit chances other players will get hurt. Just another fraudulent act trying to be done by the fraud of a commisioner.

feltdizz
11-24-2010, 12:49 PM

Goodell's big push on "player safety" the season is a farce so he can artifically reduce the statistics that the union will bring forward against the 18 game schedule. He is trying to skew the data to make a more favorable negotiating position for the league so they won't have to give up as much to the players to get 18 games because he knows the union will demand much more in medical and pension benefits to agree to 18 games.

That is all this is about and he has the referees ruining games in an attempt to get the players to back off and limit chances other players will get hurt. Just another fraudulent act trying to be done by the fraud of a commisioner.

The new concussion rules boost the injury stats though don't they?

and my point is Goodell isn't just sitting up in his office thinking of ways to make the owners more money. It's the owners locking the players out because they want the players to make less... they want more games...

I think Goodell is definitely the "face" of the owners. Make no mistake about it.. if he was ruining the game the owners would get rid of him in a hurry.