PDA

View Full Version : OT: MATT MILLEN ABOUT TO EAT STEVE YOUNG ALIVE!

LordVile
11-23-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rrBMMWFNUM

DukieBoy
11-23-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rrBMMWFNUM
Yeah, man I enjoyed that live, now I'll get to see it again, and again, and ....

Thanks !

TallyStiller
11-24-2010, 11:00 AM
What? All I could hear was a steady chorus of "Fire Millen" and "0 - 16". ESPN lost any shred of credibility they might have claimed when they hired the azz clown responsible for the worst season in professional sports history for his "expert" commentary. I think my dog could provide me with more intelligent analysis. I'm just hoping that one of the Las Vegas sports books hires him to set lines on games at some point so I can retire comfortably...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-24-2010, 12:00 PM
What? All I could hear was a steady chorus of "Fire Millen" and "0 - 16". ESPN lost any shred of credibility they might have claimed when they hired the azz clown responsible for the worst season in professional sports history for his "expert" commentary. I think my dog could provide me with more intelligent analysis. I'm just hoping that one of the Las Vegas sports books hires him to set lines on games at some point so I can retire comfortably...

As bad as Millen was as a GM, he does bring some good input to discussions. Young, on the other hand, offers very little to any discussion that I have heard him in.

Dee Dub
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Did you forget that he was once a great football player? That he was one of the league’s best MLB of his era? Or that before he became a GM he was widely considered one of the game’s best color commentators in the booth?So because he failed as a GM he has no credibility as a former player?

Sorry Chief...that makes no sense. :roll:

feltdizz
11-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Did you forget that he was once a great football player? That he was one of the league’s best MLB of his era? Or that before he became a GM he was widely considered one of the game’s best color commentators in the booth?So because he failed as a GM he has no credibility as a former player?

great players don't always make great coaches or evaluators of talent.

I have no idea how he is as an analyst but he is the last person who should speak on benching, coaching or running a team.

Dee Dub
11-24-2010, 01:22 PM

great players don't always make great coaches or evaluators of talent.

I have no idea how he is as an analyst but he is the last person who should speak on benching, coaching or running a team.

You have no idea how he is as an analyst? where have you been? Under a rock? Before he was a GM you dont remember his work as an analyst? He was one of the highest paid and all the networks wanted him.

Sorry running a team as a GM and what you did as a player are two different things. He knows more football than you and I will ever know...and that is just based on what he was as a player.

I think he is valid in talking about a player needing to be benched. He played the game at a high level and knows what it takes to do so..and what it takes when one isn't. That has nothing to do with what he did as the GM of the Lions.

Dee Dub
11-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh...and now Matt Millen currently works for 3 different networks as an analyst.

flippy
11-24-2010, 06:14 PM

As bad as Millen was as a GM, he does bring some good input to discussions. Young, on the other hand, offers very little to any discussion that I have heard him in.

+1

Millen's calling is as an analyst. Young's calling was only as a football player and I wish they'd replace him.

flippy
11-24-2010, 06:15 PM

+1

Millen's calling is as an analyst. Young's calling was only as a football player and I wish they'd replace him.

SidSmythe
11-24-2010, 07:17 PM

+1

:Agree I think Millen is great, just wouldn't hire him to run my football team :Agree

Djfan
11-24-2010, 10:16 PM

So do you watch NFLN instead? They are the ultimate in propaganda IMO. I have directv for the sole purpose of the NFLN. Next time my contract is up it's cable for me.

NFLN SUCKS!!!!

TallyStiller
11-25-2010, 02:05 AM

So do you watch NFLN instead? They are the ultimate in propaganda IMO. I have directv for the sole purpose of the NFLN. Next time my contract is up it's cable for me.

NFLN SUCKS!!!!

Generally speaking, I come here to find out what's really going on. Insights on this board are, IMHO, often better than those of the guys getting paid to do it. But I like the more in depth shows both on NFLN - AFC and NFC Matchup, and the one with Jaworski on ESPN.

Bill Walsh... brilliant football mind, would've been a terrible TV guy because he didn't have the personality for it. Jack Lambert was a helluva player, but would be lousy in the booth. On the other hand, just because somebody's a good COMMUNICATOR doesn't mean that what they have to communicate is worthwhile - in fact, it's rare to find both skills in one person.

Similarly, I took a meterology course and lab in college. The local TV news guy's forecasts were a running joke amongst the actual scientists who looked at his maps and dissected the things depicted that were actual physical impossibilities. But nobody'd want to watch the stringy haired, horn rimmed PHD's on TV, so the communications major gets the job...

Djfan
11-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Similarly, I took a meterology course and lab in college. The local TV news guy's forecasts were a running joke amongst the actual scientists who looked at his maps and dissected the things depicted that were actual physical impossibilities. But nobody'd want to watch the stringy haired, horn rimmed PHD's on TV, so the communications major gets the job...

It's not their skills (or lack of them) on NFLN, but the fact that they only say the party line. If you believe them, everyone is OK with Goodell's vision of the NFL and the rules, fines, etc.

Pukeville.