PDA

View Full Version : Is Harrison going to be fined?

NC Steeler Fan
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry if I missed it, but has anyone heard if the league is considering fining him for the
BS call "for landing on him with his body weight"?

If so, I propose that all of Steeler Nation send in whatever they can to pay it.

Seriously.

What better way to show our support?

Words cannot express how livid I was and how adamant I still am that those refs need
to explain their calls on air. Has anyone heard from Mike Peoria, the ex-head of officiating, on this?

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
This was started several weeks ago after the Massoquoi ridiculousness:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James-Harrisons-Bogus-Fine/134796989903782?v=wall

Steelers>NFL
11-23-2010, 02:01 PM
While I do support Harrison and his play. He can pay his own fine.
He is a millionaire. And I am not.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
While I do support Harrison and his play. He can pay his own fine.
He is a millionaire. And I am not.

The money that the Facebook people sent into Goodell (and the money that Harrison paid himself on top of all of that) all goes to charities anyway.

steelsnis
11-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Haven't seen it anywhere, but did they announce the fines for this week yet? Any news on Harrison, Woodley or Clark?

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Haven't seen it anywhere, but did they announce the fines for this week yet? Any news on Harrison, Woodley or Clark?

The only confirmed fines I have heard so far are the Eagles’ Asante Samuel fined $40,000 (for hitting Derek Hagan in the head), the Eagles' Todd Herremans fined $5,000 (for hitting Chris Canty in the knees) and the Bills' Steve Johnson fined $5,000 (for exposing a "Why So Serious" t-shirt under his jersey as a part of a TD celebration).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/no-news-could-be-good-news-for-james-harrison-in-two-ways/

No news could be good news for James Harrison, in two ways

Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EST

Steelers linebacker James Harrison could be getting a double dose of good news from the league office.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Harrison has yet to hear from the league office regarding a possible fine for a roughing the passer penalty against Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell.

“I think maybe we’re OK,” agent Bill Parise told the Tribune-Review. Parise explained that Harrison has learned of all past fines by Wednesday of the following week.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, whose full report appears behind a pay wall (which means that it possibly will never be read), the NFL is five days late regarding Harrison’s appeal of $95,000 in fines imposed for a hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi ($75,000) and Saints quarterback Drew Brees ($20,000).

Appeals are handled not by the league but by former NFL coaches Art Shell and Ted Cottrell, who have been hired by the league and the union for this duty.

steelz09
11-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Finally -- It appears Harrison is finally in the clear.

I was sure Harrison was going to see yet another fine and possible a suspension.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 02:16 AM
No news could be good news for James Harrison, in two ways

Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EST

Steelers linebacker James Harrison could be getting a double dose of good news from the league office.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Harrison has yet to hear from the league office regarding a possible fine for a roughing the passer penalty against Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell.

“I think maybe we’re OK,” agent Bill Parise told the Tribune-Review. Parise explained that Harrison has learned of all past fines by Wednesday of the following week.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, whose full report appears behind a pay wall (which means that it possibly will never be read), the NFL is five days late regarding Harrison’s appeal of $95,000 in fines imposed for a hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi ($75,000) and Saints quarterback Drew Brees ($20,000).

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/jamesharrisonhitsbrees-e1290638709358.jpg?w=239

Appeals are handled not by the league but by former NFL coaches Art Shell and Ted Cottrell, who have been hired by the league and the union for this duty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/no-news-could-be-good-news-for-james-harrison-in-two-ways/

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-25-2010, 10:17 AM

Wow, wouldn't this change the landscape of the current situation. The Brees hit should be 100% removed. It is outlandish that he would be even penalized for a hit that was a split second late in game action.

As far as the hit on MM, I would even be okay with the fine being reduced to $25K. That would bring the penalty guideline back down to a normal amount. It also would send out the message that hard hitting is part of the game but we do have to exercise a bit of responsibility when it comes to safety issues.

As a side note, it might also put the spotlight on the real illegal hit of that first week of stupidity which was the Meriweather hit. I'd love to see them appeal that and get hit with a $75K fine instead. :lol: