Goodell is such a :loser

LordVile
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Bullcrap.... uggggh makes me sick

Jooser
11-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Richard Seymour fined $25,000 for hitting Ben Roethlisberger

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 22, 2010, 5:52 PM EST

Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been fined $25,000 for hitting Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during Sunday’s game.

The fine is no surprise, as Seymour’s hit was a major cheap shot, an open-handed smack directly to Roethlisberger’s facemask long after the play was over. If anything, the surprise is that Seymour wasn’t fined more, or suspended.

That’s what this year’s poster boy for big NFL fines, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, thinks should have happened. Harrison pointed out that his $75,000 fine was for a helmet-to-helmet hit that happened in an instant, while the play was going on, while Seymour hit an opponent after the play was over.

So Harrison won’t be pleased to learn that Seymour’s fine is only $25,000. We’ll be curious to hear what PFT Planet thinks about the NFL’s discipline decision.

Steelgal
11-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Sadly, I'm not shocked at all. I thought the most he would receive was $50K, but the lower was a possibility too.

Nothing is going to change in the Steelers favor this year or until Goodell is removed. Harrison and the rest of the players should stay quiet and voice their displeasures in the locker room only. the more they talk/complain, the worse Goodell will make it on them.

Flasteel
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Unbelievable. There is absolutely no justification in the disaprity of fines between Harrison and Seymour. They jacked up Deebo's fine, because they said he was a repeat offender. Well, so is Seymour:

...Seymour was ejected once last season, on Dec. 27, for hitting Browns running back Jerome Harrison after a play was over. Seymour was fined $10,000 for that infraction.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_166 ... ck_check=1 (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16675796?source=rss&nclick_check=1)

How does a a guy punch (slap...whatever) someone after the whistle...TWICE in the span of a year...and get hit with 1/3 the fine of a guy who is playing within the whistle? Most football fans would agree that Harrison did absolutely nothing wrong on top of it.

I'm very interested in seeing the Rooney's response to this and the atrocious officiating.

Jooser
11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/nafcredneck/bull.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/JLFighter24/bsmeter.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/thepidgion/bullhumpsdwarf.gif

Mess with the bull and get the effin horn Goodell!

Crash
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
He's been fined three times, and ejected twice since last season.

If that does not warrant susopension, what does?

Steelgal
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM
He's been fined three times, and ejected twice since last season.

If that does not warrant susopension, what does?

That's easy, he's wearing the wrong color uniform :HeadBanger

harrison would be suspended multiple games for something like that.

winwithd
11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Seymour's actions are tarnishing the image of the league. Seymour is making it look like the NFL is a bunch thugs. He should get a suspension. Seymour says it is was a natural reaction when someone comes up on you. Really!! I never reacted to being startled by someone's sudden presence by laying them out with a swing to the head. If that is a 'natural' reaction to him, maybe he belongs in prison on at least in therapy.

Also, Vince Young is making the NFL look like a league of spoiled brats. Maybe he should get suspended too.

Discipline of Steel
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Not to be melodramatic but this unstructured inequity leaves me deeply disturbed. That is all.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I give you all my expressed, written consent to re-broadcast or re-transmit the following comment:

ROGER GOODELL SUCKS

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/zxcbvb/rsz_rogergoodellsig.gif

winwithd
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I just watched a replay of the cheap shot on Youtube and if you look at Seymour's eyes and lag between when he sees who it is and when the hit comes it seems fairly obvious that is was not a reflex type reaction. Seymour knew who it was he was taking a swing at. So unless his mind functions vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly, he would have had time to think about what he was doing and to whom he was doing it.

kindlecatsb'ng
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
I wonder if this inequity with Steeler players would be so escalated if Dan Rooney was running the Steelers (and not an Ambassador to Ireland). Surely ARII and all the other owners should be having concern with what is happening to the game as they have huge stakes in the outcome.

Kindle :tt1

SteelHoss
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
$25 k???? HA! :? :x :evil: :!:

DukieBoy
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The ESPN talking points on this are as follows:
Ben said something to taunt Seymour.
Ben came at Seymour and Ben touched him, and triggered Seymour's reflex.
Seymour only used an open hand.
Ben is like 6'6" and 260#, and can't be knocked off his feet that easily, so Ben took a major dive.
Many women all across the country were smiling to see this happen to Ben.
It's a tough game, and good to see they aren't taking all the toughness out of the game.
And so on ...
In essence, blaming Ben or ridiculing Ben, taking the focus off of Seymour and his actions and his history.

ESPN has a symbiotic relationship with the corporate NFL, from which ESPN makes tons of money.So, they'll walk and talk the corporate company line.

Steelgal
11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
The guys on PTI also said that they thought it was telling that none of his teammates went after Seymour to defend their quarterback or something like that. I think it was Wilbon who said if that had happened to Brady or Manning, it would have been a bench-clearing brawl. Kemo did go after him and the other guys around were checking on Ben to make sure he was alright.

JAR
11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
The guys on PTI also said that they thought it was telling that none of his teammates went after Seymour to defend their quarterback or something like that. I think it was Wilbon who said if that had happened to Brady or Manning, it would have been a bench-clearing brawl. Kemo did go after him and the other guys around were checking on Ben to make sure he was alright.

That's a crock. Several players went after Seymour and several were on the sidelines screaming and yelling.

grotonsteel
11-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Why i am not surprised... :HeadBanger

This is ridiculous....

If he would have hit Brady or Manning Goodell would have suspended him for reminder of the season.......

ARII speak up...

SteelAbility
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
EXTRA EXTRA. READ ALL ABOUT IT ...

Seymour punches Roethlisberger. Harrison fined.

:roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-22-2010, 09:29 PM

Now THAT is funny!! :Bow :Bow :lol: :lol: :tt2 :Steel :tt1

AkronSteel
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
What a bunch of crap!!! ARII better step up and defend his players. He should take a stance and say we are not paying anymore fines and if you wanna suspend one of our players you better get a court injunction to stop him from playing because if not he is suiting up. The Steelers are being used by the league as an example and it has to stop right now. That game yesterday was unbelievable!!! Goodell needs to get the hell out of here now!!!

SteelCrazy
11-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Seymour was fined the max for fighting as a repeat offender according to our friends at ESPN

rpmpit
11-22-2010, 11:30 PM

I heard Ben was going to be fined and or suspended for using his face as a weapon against Seymour's defenseless hand.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-23-2010, 09:50 AM
So it is like bargain shopping then?

If you are down big in the 4th and you want to take a shot at the QB, punch him in the chin on the dead ball and take him out. It only costs you an ejection & $25,000. A illegal hit to the QB during the game could cost you $25,000-$75,000 and a suspension. We have very intelligent people running this league. Kudos to them for being Overpaid Phuck Faces. Talk about maintaining integrity. I feel like I just watched an NBA game. If it was Brady or Manning, First it would have been more with a suspension. Second, if it wasn't, their owners would get involved. As far as I'm concerned, the ball is in Rooney's court no matter how you slice it. This is his duty to step up to protect his franchise. Lets see who "wears the pants" in this organization...Or should I say skirt?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Seymour was fined the max for fighting as a repeat offender according to our friends at ESPN
I heard that...But there is a Commish and he can't hand at exstensive fines for player safety regarding in game play and justify a dead ball foul for a punch to the face and expect to protect the integrity of the league by issuing "The maximum" fine for a repeat "fighting" offender. It's a joke. That would be like fining a basketball player $75,000 for a flagrant foul. But only fining a player $25,000 for cold cocking a player during a timeout. Yeah Godell, makes sense!

Ghost
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Just listened to Mort 5 minutes ago on ESPN - he's saying this was a second offense and according to the guidelines, $25K was the max and the Commish did what he was suppossed to do.

While Kemo went after Seymore, I was surprised and a little let down that the other linemen really just stood around. Someone should have tackled himand started wailing on him.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Fighting? What fight? Fighting and assaulting an unsuspecting person are two totally different things. In order for it to be a fight, two people have to be involved, going at each other. Ben wasn't in a fight. He was walking past Seymour and got cold-cocked.

That's like saying that Steve Moore was in a fight when Todd Bertuzzi sucker punched him. Just give 'em both 5 minutes for fighting...they were apparently in a fight. Stupid. (If you don't follow hockey, just substitute the names Rudy Tomjonovich and Kermit Washington for basketball or Royals first base coach Tom Gamboa and William Ligue Jr. and his son for baseball).

dsmith
11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
At least someone in the media has some sense:

That is preposterous, and I heard so much of the same thing from so many of my readers, both in e-mails and on Twitter. How utterly ridiculous is it that James Harrison makes a football act and gets fined $75,000, and Richard Seymour, despite whatever happened to provoke him, slugs a player on national TV in full view of the cameras and knocks him to the ground -- and gets fined $25,000. Weak. Very weak.

Full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/23/nfl-week-12-mailbag/index.html)

In response to an absolutely absurd email. The unbelievable thing is that he got a lot of emails like this. Does no one care about sportsmanship at all any more? I would hold my head in shame if one of the Steelers took a cheap shot at someone after the play.

Welcome to Goodells NFL where both sportsmanship and physical play are quickly disappearing.

DukieBoy
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
At least someone in the media has some sense:

That is preposterous, and I heard so much of the same thing from so many of my readers, both in e-mails and on Twitter. How utterly ridiculous is it that James Harrison makes a football act and gets fined $75,000, and Richard Seymour, despite whatever happened to provoke him, slugs a player on national TV in full view of the cameras and knocks him to the ground -- and gets fined $25,000. Weak. Very weak.

Full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/23/nfl-week-12-mailbag/index.html)

In response to an absolutely absurd email. The unbelievable thing is that he got a lot of emails like this. Does no one care about sportsmanship at all any more? I would hold my head in shame if one of the Steelers took a cheap shot at someone after the play.

Welcome to Goodells NFL where both sportsmanship and physical play are quickly disappearing.

Goodell is to the NFL as Childress is to the Vikings. Only worse, Far worse. Goodell should have been fired way before Childress.

ALLD
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
There was a bigger scuffle to the side, but the media spun it into the Steelers were either too afraid or did not care about their QB.

In addition, people said that BB taunted Seymour. That is utter fabrication. Even Seymour admitted that BB did not say anything derogatory. Ben simply said to get ready for the extra point. I was even thinking at most he said "we're rolling now" or something to that effect.

This is the most polarizing I have ever seen this team in popularity.

NJ-STEELER
11-24-2010, 12:44 AM

That's a crock. Several players went after Seymour and several were on the sidelines screaming and yelling.

yeah

what wilbon said is in the old days and proudly being one of the tougher teams over the years he would have been taken care even more. like if he wasn't thrown out...a crack block or taking a knee out

hawaiiansteel
11-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Steelers’ Tomlin won’t criticize NFL, officiating

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/04/fullj.4e8afac06b53c5ebb8560fa2774d3c25/ap-9a61c055d35d4ef4b2a4f9a5040bda30.jpg?x=180&y=200&xc=83&yc=1&wc=275&hc=306&q=70&sig=qGqlsqqQaoJYLTqP4o5K8w--

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Fines and flags, punches and puzzlement.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have faced a number of potential distractions since linebacker James Harrison’s helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi last month helped trigger the NFL’s stricter stance against dangerous play. They’ve been fined multiple times, and flagged for a record amount of penalty yardage.

While the Steelers are complaining that the toughened-up rules are being redefined almost weekly, causing confusion about what hits are legal and which will draw punishment, their coach doesn’t want any more debate about what is getting called—and what isn’t.

Tomlin, urging his team to move on, refused Tuesday to criticize the NFL for not suspending Oakland defensive end Richard Seymour(notes) or for the Steelers’ club-record 163 yards in penalties during a 35-3 rout of the Raiders on Sunday.

“I don’t have a reaction,” Tomlin of the NFL’s decision only to fine Seymour $25,000 for punching quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. “I tend to focus on the things that are relevant to our team moving forward, and the things that we can control. That doesn’t fall into either category. Really, that is between Richard Seymour and the NFL office.”

Tomlin’s implied message to his players is to focus only on what they can control, beginning with their preparation for Sunday’s game at Buffalo (2-8).

“I know there’s been some heated reaction from players and coaches around the league in terms of how the game is being officiated. Very rarely do I view guys being pleased with officiating when it doesn’t go your way,” Tomlin said. “Such is life, man. We’re not going to worry about those things. We’re going to prepare ourselves for the challenges in front of us.”

Tomlin’s remarks likely were intended to defuse any anger his players felt about Seymour’s punishment consisting only of a fine that is one-third as much as the $75,000 penalty that Harrison paid. While Seymour was ejected for his infraction, Harrison was not penalized for the Massaquoi hit.

Harrison, among others, wondered if the Steelers (7-3) have been more closely scrutinized than other teams since the stricter rule enforcement began. If the Steelers had delivered some of the same hits that Oakland did, Harrison said, “I think there would have been a lot more penalties called, they would have kicked five or six of us out of the game.”

Still, Tomlin hinted he was happy the Steelers didn’t cause the Seymour situation to escalate.

“Emotions are going to get away from you when something like that occurs,” Tomlin said. “You hope something like that never occurs in a football game, but it did. For the most part I thought our guys were able to gather themselves quickly after that sequence of events and get back to what we intended to do, which was playing winning football.”

To do that, Tomlin repeated that he doesn’t want the Steelers changing their mindset or on-field approach in response to the league’s decision to emphasize player safety.

So far, Tomlin’s only critical comments aimed at the NFL came when he refuted vice president Ray Anderson’s suggestion that Harrison pulled up and didn’t deliver a possible big hit the week after the Massaquoi play. Tomlin called those comments “insulting.”

“We’re not going to get overly concerned about the penalties, or the nature or state of the NFL in terms of how things are being officiated,” Tomlin said. “All we’re going to simply do is play the game extremely hard, play it as fairly as we can, play it within the rules, and play to win. Those are the things that are at the forefront of my mentality, those are the things I want at the forefront of our team’s mentality. Those are the things we control. So we’re going to stay right there.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... tomlin-nfl (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-tomlin-nfl)

AzStillers1989
11-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Look F*CK all these panzy azz shows like PTI and all these media WH0res on espn. these punks just stirr the pot for ratings and of course to keep people watching. I gave up on PTI a long time ago, those guys r a crock of bull crap.