PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 Week 11 – Raiders

redundantman
11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
1. Of course I had a bad feeling about this game. There was every reason to argue that the Steelers would win accompanied by what is becoming an all-too-familiar feeling of dread. And to make matters worse there wasn’t that steady, reassuring presence of Jeff Reed to calm my nerves.

2. My aggravation level was heightened by the Steelers first two offensive “possessions” (if you call 3 and outs “possessions”). My favorite part was the idiot gadget play followed immediately by the predictable running play. I could write an Excel VBA macro that would generate a game plan by those standards.

GIS for “idiot gadget play”
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yqqOhGpkUyM/S2XA9YgMIjI/AAAAAAAABEI/O-jw9xZbDDQ/s400/yelling+baby001.jpg

3. My lack of patience with the Steelers’ offense was well-founded based on what the Raiders did to the them last year. However the Steelers offense drastically improved after those first two series. The 3rd Steelers possession is looking much better. Maybe Arians has a contractural obligation mandating that he has to run at least two ridiculously bad drives every quarter … speaking of which … 2nd quarter …

4. That new Burger King commercial is sort of creepy – all ¼ pound of it.

5. Thank goodness the Raiders were stupid enough to keep trying to run against the Steelers. Mid way through the 2nd McFadden was 6 yards on 6 rushes. I don’t know why some teams can’t figure out that every attempted run against the Steelers defense should be viewed as a missed opportunity to complete a pass.

6. Props to Brown! Big first down and refuses to let the ball go as the Raiders wrestle him for it.

7. Props to Ben on that running TD – Hell of a play!

8. When Taylor forced that fumble the Raiders were looking completely overmatched. It would have been a boring game but for the wildcard that the officials had become.

http://www.football-refs.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_16/custom/rotator/20080922pd_steelers0921i_500.jpg
One more time: in football ... we hit people!

9. On Sanders TD I was hoping for the use of the term “inch-worming” to describe how he crossed the goal line but alas it was not to be. Fouts … you disappoint me.

10. Actually I’ve always liked Dan Fouts as a commentator. I thought the combination of Fouts and Dennis Miller on MNF was entertaining. But I realize I was in the minority on that opinion.

11. Have you ever wondered what sucks (http://www.telluswhatsucks.com/default.asp)? (http://www.telluswhatsucks.com/default.asp)

12. One can’t help but be curious as to what Ben said to Richard Seymour to get him to respond like that. I’ll bet Ben pointed out that Seymour was an Oakland Raider.
http://view.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/7329309/oakland-raiders-coach-tom/oakland-raiders-coach-tom.jpg?size=380&imageId=7329309
We suck so bad it makes me want to punch my wife in the face!

13. The Raiders had about 50 yards at the half. Ahhh … the Raiders are the perfect antidote to losing.
http://jaypho.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/crazy-fan-at-raiders-game-737513.jpg

14. Ian Eagle: “One of the uglier sequences you are going to see.”

Dear Ian,
Well put.
Signed, redundantman.

15. You forget how fast Wallace is until you see him break a play like that long catch and run in the second half. Impressive speed. In direct contrast to …

16. Roethlisberger. That 32 yard scramble took about 20 minutes.

17. Cool thing #1 about this game: There was no comeback. There was no “almost comeback”. The Steelers beat them for 60 minutes.

18. Perspective: Football used to be simper when I was a kid: Win=happy. Loss=angry. Yeah it was great to win but despite the aberration of the last couple of weeks I maintain the preponderance of the evidence indicates that the Raiders suck. The Steelers have Jason Campbell’s number much in the same way that Brady has Manning’s:

http://home.comcast.net/~massbackwards/goodgamekid.jpg

It just makes good sense to not get too impressed with beating a team like the Raiders. The importance of a game like this lies in the fact that the Steelers are keeping pace with the Ravens. Weekly the Steelers tread water with the hopes of being in a position to take first place in the division when it matters most. Until then the Steelers will face the fury of Roger Godell on Sundays (via his referees) and Wednesdays (via his fines) and the fury of the other team on game day. Which are you more scared of?

MeetJoeGreene
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I don’t know why some teams can’t figure out that every attempted run against the Steelers defense should be viewed as a missed opportunity to complete a pass.

That is one heckuva profound line right there!!

Northern_Blitz
11-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I don’t know why some teams can’t figure out that every attempted run against the Steelers defense should be viewed as a missed opportunity to complete a pass.

That is one heckuva profound line right there!!

You've got to be careful putting that in print...opposing coaches might be reading :lol:

That being said, I think that the opposing team's comfort level is different if you're passing the ball 50 times with Tom Brady, or a combination of Campbell / Gradkowski. You need a QB who doesn't make game ending mistakes to throw that many times. And, you'll need a tough QB to throw that many times against us, because we're bringing the wood (except for some reason against the *s).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
http://view.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/7329309/oakland-raiders-coach-tom/oakland-raiders-coach-tom.jpg?size=380&imageId=7329309

I'm sorry, I just gotta say ... doesn't the Raiders coach look like one of the 3 Stooges? Can't remember which one ...

redundantman
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm sorry, I just gotta say ... doesn't the Raiders coach look like one of the 3 Stooges? Can't remember which one ...
SHEMP!

Lonbull
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
First of all - :Clap - I always enjoy the Redundant Thoughts -

I thought I might be the only one ---- it's a very strange concept - does Burger King think that their food will be more interesting to me (...meaning I'll buy more) if it's represented by a Big Goofy Guy and his son dressed up in a sad looking last thing left on Halloween night Burger Costume.....if I find a desire to eat this food more - doesn't that show....cannibal instincts, or perhaps some latent homosexuality???? I'm not even going to discuss the fact that I'd be longing for a Whopper....and how come it's only Men that are burgers in this strange Burger People world???? Is it like some kind of Zombie disease were people slowly turn into Burger King food....how are women immune??

Or is this Burger Man divorced from his Burger Wife (whom he clearly had the son with) - and now he's married to a non-Burger woman......I'm starting to avoid Burger King more because I really don't want to be associated with their weirdness.

The name Ian Eagle.....why doesn't this guy have a full time job in Philly???

Also it's a really cool name because when I heard it pronounced it sounded like I AM Eagle - and when introducing yourself it sounds like

I AM, I AM Eagle! That's like the beginning of a Superhero or Transformer yell.....

The Stooge you may be thinking of is Curly Joe - the last "Curly" in the Three Stooges.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:c2CHgN-uN4gdxM:http://www.peoplequiz.com/images/bios/Joe-DeRita.jpg-2417.jpg&t=1

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM

I thought I might be the only one ---- it's a very strange concept - does Burger King think that their food will be more interesting to me (...meaning I'll buy more) if it's represented by a Big Goofy Guy and his son dressed up in a sad looking last thing left on Halloween night Burger Costume.....if I find a desire to eat this food more - doesn't that show....cannibal instincts, or perhaps some latent homosexuality???? I'm not even going to discuss the fact that I'd be longing for a Whopper....and how come it's only Men that are burgers in this strange Burger People world???? Is it like some kind of Zombie disease were people slowly turn into Burger King food....how are women immune??

Or is this Burger Man divorced from his Burger Wife (whom he clearly had the son with) - and now he's married to a non-Burger woman......I'm starting to avoid Burger King more because I really don't want to be associated with their weirdness.

Perhaps Taco Bell will be the first Fast Food chain to feature female representations of their food offerings...wait...maybe not...bad idea. :oops: :lol:

SteelCrazy
11-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Ian Eagle=Iron Eagle- such a great movie

TallyStiller
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM

Perhaps Taco Bell will be the first Fast Food chain to feature female representations of their food offerings...wait...maybe not...bad idea. :oops: :lol:

I heard at one point that there's a place out west called "Pink Taco" that was offering big $$$ for naming rights to the Cardinals' stadium in Glendale. Maybe "Pink Taco Stadium" gets to host a Super Bowl at some point... :D

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM

I heard at one point that there's a place out west called "Pink Taco" that was offering big $$$ for naming rights to the Cardinals' stadium in Glendale. Maybe "Pink Taco Stadium" gets to host a Super Bowl at some point... :D

I'm surprised that did not go through. If Jerry Jones can build a humongous palace to compensate for his own physical inequities, you would think that Goodell would welcome Pink Taco stadium, in honor of Roger's own glorious vagina.

ALLD
11-22-2010, 08:43 PM

I'll take three pink tacos no sour cream.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Renduntant Thoughts are one of the best things about this board.

redundantman
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Renduntant Thoughts are one of the best things about this board.
Thanks. Just doing my part.

flippy
11-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I have to admit, Gradkowski versus our 4th quarter D scared the crap out of me during the game.

MeetJoeGreene
11-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I have to admit, Gradkowski versus our 4th quarter D scared the crap out of me during the game.

I was in a sports bar and there were some Raiders fans (they were pretty cool though).

I told them that my biggest fear was that the Raiders would put in Gradkowski.