PDA

View Full Version : I'm done

dsmith
11-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I can no longer support the NFL. The game yesterday was a travesty. It is a slap in the face to every true football fan regardless of what team you support.

You can blame the ref's all you want, but they are simply doing what they are told. Goodell has mandated that a personal foul be called on marginal plays. That is what you saw yesterday and it is only going to get worse. It is becoming as big a joke as the NBA.

I seriously hope there is a lockout. I think they players would be insane to accept 18 games of this bull----. And as fans, we should be incensed that the game we love is being made into a mockery.

The NFL doesn't give a **** about me, but regardless, I am going to make my voice heard by withholding my dollars. I have had NFL ticket since the first day it was available. I will be cancelling next year with a tersely stated letter. I will no longer buy Steelers gear as it pads the pockets of the NFL. My gift list for Christmas this year just drastically changed. I will avoid purchasing any item that is the official this or that of the NFL.

I'm livid. I love the Steelers, but honestly I have no interest in seeing them play in Roger Goodells version of the NFL. The players (and owners) really need to step up and take control of this thing.

AzStillers1989
11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I dont blame you in any way. The game yesterday was as big of BS I have ever seen in my life! And that whole similarity between the NBA and the NFL is kinda ironic because I was stating to my GF yesterday on the phone about how the game yesterday was rediculas, and that the game is turning into a PU$$Y sport just like the NBA is.

I also dont blame ya for not buying any of there OVER PRICED merch that probably costs 2% of what we pay for in the stores or on-line shops.... If u with to find CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY jerseys and such from penguins to steelers to pirates and anything else, visit a website called BBESTSTORE.COM (yes 2 B's) 18.99 for a stitched james harrison jersey is unreal. I have a buddy who is a cardinals fan and has shown me his larry firzgerald pro bowl jersey he bought from that sight and it is the real deal. stitched and thick , high quality material. takes about 3-4 weeks to ship out because it comes from over seas but thats all good, for that price , i will wait....

I truly hope we hear more criticisms of Mr.dictator goodell..... cause i sure as hell am telling everyone how corrupt this game is becoming, and 95%- 100% of the time, people agree....

GO STEELERS!!!!!! F*CK 'EM ALL, LETS KEEP PLAYING SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL !!!! :tt2 :Beer

Leper Friend
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I've never been this upset after a win. It's disgusting.

It's not that the refs are told to call marginal plays. They are told to focus on the Steelers. End of story. I don't even know how that is in question to any open minded person.

Ben get's "marginal" late hits all the time. Hines got a helemt to helmet hit in 2 of the last 4 weeks. No penalties and no mention of it ever.

Ryan Clark hits a guy in the ribs EXACTLY how the league explained for the defender to lower his target and still gets called on helmet to helmet.

Lamar Woodley bumps Jason Campbell and gets a 15 yarder. If that's roughing the QB than you can call it on Ben on almost every pass. They don't because they are told to focus on the Steelers.

James Harrison at this point might as well go for the kill shot every time. Everyone watching that knows it wasn't roughing the QB. It was what a tackle is supposed to be.

I can't wait for the lockout either. Hopefully alot of this gets resolved then. If not , then we're in for alot more of this and you can count me in as one who will not support the product in any way financially ever again.

Blitz-en
11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
This is very disheartening. I'm getting to a point where I'm really turned off by the injustice that is occurring right in front of our faces each week. They are taking away a national pasttime. This is something that's been a tradition in my family for atleast 35 years. I sat and watched Steelers on Sundays with my grandfather and my dad. Now, each week, I sit with my dad, my wife and family and watch the game. My two young daughters run around in Steelers jerseys each week. We eat, we get loud and we cheer the Steelers on. We've had some amazing times watching them win Super Bowls over the past few seasons. But, now, we sit in disbelief each week as the league mandates which teams will flourish and which team it will fine.

I just can't understand why the league would support and encourage a franchise like New England whom has done the worst of the worst......cheated! Their coach constantly spites the league with his apparel and his words (and cheating). Nobody outside of the New England area likes the Pats*. It's not like their kissing up because of their dominant fan base. Why is Brady and the Pats* untouchable? Why would you put your thumb on a storied organization with a huge fan base like the Steelers?

But, what can we do? How can our voices be heard? Will the league drive itself into the ground because it is commercializing an adored game?

I'm beside myself.

Oviedo
11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
No one is done with the NFL. Vent and move on.

aggiebones
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Rarely do I agree with Ovie :)
But he's deadeye on this one. I really hope the players don't allow this to get into their head!

dsmith
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
No one is done with the NFL. Vent and move on.

I never said I was done with the NFL. I said I was done supporting them with my GD wallet. I fully understand that my paltry actions don't amount to sh*t with the NFL, but I am sick and f*cking tired of paying to watch this travesty.

If you are fine with Goodell's version of the NFL, more power to you. For my part, anyone that has coached or played at any level has to be disgusted with the way things are going. And this is just the beginning if someone (that matters) doesn't stand up to Goodell.

Not trying to start anything with you, I am just in a very foul mood today.

Notleadpoisoned
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
The NFL is well on its' way to becoming a bigger fraud than college football.

Crash
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
It's sad what Goodell has done to this league in a mere three years.

Covering up Spygate, now this crap league.

BIGNASTY
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't blame anyone for not spending good money on this farce.

The NFL certainly is becoming a joke. The call on James was (another) joke. I have no idea what more he could have down. He let up and moved his own body to the side.

The hit on Clark is exactly what AJRII was talking about... There is incidental contact and there is malicious intent. Clark's hit was incidental (and legal), but I guess if it looks bad it is bad these days.

Crash
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I'll never stop watching the Steelers, but I can certainly see myself saving my money for Feb/March hockey trips at the CEC

SidSmythe
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I think the FANS should Boycott Week 17.

and then have a petition to blackball all NFL sponsors thru the playoffs and the Superbowl unless GOODELL is fired immediately.

This is the only answer. Money talks and Corp. sponsors would pull their superbowl ads and heads would roll. :Beer

brothervad
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Not that I am trying to dissuade peaceful resistance, but boycotts rarely work. Part of the problem is that the NFL is trying to be anlagous to fast food.

Afficianados like most on this board are irrelevant to the NFL...you have nowhere else to go and you aren't the Greatest Common Denominator. You are the outlier. No the biggest dollars are on the dumb masses that need to be entertained constantly by TD's and Diva WR's

I am pretty sure the NFL would love 56-45 scores from every team, every week. Merchandising will skyrocket.

Remember what was said in Bull Durham "chicks dig the longball"

No offense to our female Steeler bretheren, but "Chicks dig the 50 yd TD pass"

DISCLAIMER: Chicks in this case = Common fans, not women

That is the Goodell philosophy...they don't think the common fan appreciates traditional football.

brothervad

ANPSTEEL
11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a question, for anyone -

When the League issues the "Appology" letters to the teams for officiating errors, do they publicize that, or does the team publicize that they have received these admissions of mistake?

I am curious, because if it is the team putting these notices in the media- that might explain the officiating backlash we witnessed yesterday afternoon.

thoughts??

snarky
11-22-2010, 02:32 PM
The core problem with football is that the NFL is a de facto governing body of the sport. There needs to be an established governing body such as FIBA or FIFA which can make decisions for the good of the sport and not for the financial enrichment of the teams.

The NFL does not own football, but the lack of a governing body has alllowed it to tinker with the rules purely in the interest of profit.

And it is true that boycotts rarely work. But the NFL is starting to marginalize its core fans and eventually they will quit watching not because they are boycotting but because they are no longer interested.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll never stop watching the Steelers, but I can certainly see myself saving my money for Feb/March hockey trips at the CEC

It's truly a sad, sorry state when you could actually consider Gary #&@%ing Bettman as an improvement as far as commissioners go. :shock: :HeadBanger