PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have given up.......

SidSmythe
11-22-2010, 08:40 AM
A Bright Spot:
The Steelers have given up only 23 sacks this season. That's 2.3 sacks/game.

Oviedo
11-22-2010, 09:05 AM
The OL is doing better than they get credit for but they still have a long way to go. They are still a good OG and OT away from being solid.

IMO you draft a young OT early in the next draft and resign Colon and move him to your RG position. Let Flozell warrior on for one more season while the young OT gets his feet under him.

If I were the Stellers this season I would start dressing one additional OL for games. We have to many guys with nagging injuries that are going out of games. One of these games we are going to have no one to step in...aside from Matt Spaeth. :shock:

Steelers>NFL
11-22-2010, 09:23 AM
A Bright Spot:

Most of it is on Ben though. Sacks went way up once he came back. No more 3 or 5 steps, pass. But that is expected with his style of play.

SidSmythe
11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Ben did a good job yesterday. probably b/c ARE wasn't in as much maybe??

Djfan
11-22-2010, 04:28 PM

They also mixed up the play calling. Nice touch by Brucey A!

Northern_Blitz
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM

It's sad, but I think we sometimes need an embarissing performance to realize that we can't have every play be a sandlot play. I don't know if this is on the OC, or the QB.

grotonsteel
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
A Bright Spot:

Most of it is on Ben though. Sacks went way up once he came back. No more 3 or 5 steps, pass.

Seriously???

Ben has been sacked 14 times this season. Not sure how is that Sacks went way up when he came back.

He never had healthy O-line and Steelers started throwing more when Ben came back. Its now almost 50-50 (Run and Pass plays) which was never the case in first 4 games.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Ben has now played in 6 game and has thrown for 1,579 yards, 12 TD's, and 4 INT's.

We have 6 games to go, so that means he is now on pace for 3,158 yards, 24 TD's, and 8 TD's in spite of missing the first month of the season. That would be the 8th most passing yards and tied for the 5th most TD passes by any QB in Steeler history...in spite of missing 4 games.

SteelTorch
11-22-2010, 05:39 PM
What's the sack percentage like? :stirpot