PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Hopes Seymour Pays

Jooser
11-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Harrison hopes Seymour pays big for hit on Roethlisberger

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 21, 2010, 9:14 PM EST

Steelers linebacker James Harrison knows all about the NFL’s tendency towards heavy fines this season. He just hopes Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour feels the league’s wrath too after his punch to Ben Roethlisberger‘s face Sunday.

“I hope he would hear from the league a lot worse than what I did,” Harrison told Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com. “I’m playing the game within the whistles. What he did was way outside of it.”

Marvez thinks that Seymour should be suspended for next week’s game and pay a six figure fine for the hit. Harrison agrees.

“I don’t see why not,” Harrison said. “The guy’s celebrating with his teammates and you punch him in his face.”

The argument in Seymour’s case against a suspension will be that he was already kicked out of one game. Surely a heavy fine is coming, but the is the hit worthy of missing one and a half games?

Harrison and the Steelers, who wondered about an anti-Steeler bias Sunday, will be watching the league’s reaction closely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lisberger/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/harrison-hopes-seymour-pays-big-for-hit-on-roethlisberger/)

Chadman
11-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Goodell is firmly in the Steelers sights now. He had better show an 'even hand' in this, or Chadman suspects things might get ugly. Union involvement perhaps?

DukieBoy
11-21-2010, 10:34 PM
We are still looking for the fine on Chang for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines last week.

AkronSteel
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I agree with him 100%!!! Seymour should be heavily fined and maybe garner a one game suspension for that totally un-called for hit!!! That is not a part of the game and never has been!! If he doesn't get at least a 75K fine then something is wrong!!!

Jooser
11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/canon_10_wk_11_04.jpg

"Get his ass outa here ref!"

AzStillers1989
11-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Crimminal , all i can say about how seymore reacted to whatever ben said. he was out to hurt ben with that punch or whatever u wanna call it. I am proud we didnt throw a bunch of beer and crap at him however... lets not fallow cleveland into that hole...

:tt2

hawaiiansteel
11-23-2010, 01:37 AM
I'll bet Deebo was hoping Seymour would pay more than $25,000... :?

kindlecatsb'ng
11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
On Mike & Mike this AM, Mike Greenberg was emoting how Seymour didn't get a suspension by hitting Ben was a travesty. It was pointed out that the NFL looks at this as a fight (Seymour punching Ben) and the largest fine is $25K and no suspension. So...they couldn't suspend Seymour if they wanted to.

It is amazing to me to listen to most of the sport talking heads and other fan sites applauding the hit on Ben. Lots of hatred out there for Ben (over the 'incident').

We all know if this happened to Brady or Peyton, other 'rules' would have prevailed.

Kindle

msp26505
11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
It's also pretty annoying hearing folks say no one came to Ben's defense.

How could anyone not realize that is wrong when Kemo got penalized on the play for retaliating on Seymour?

It speaks to the hatred many feel for Ben.

Sadly, though I think it is unfair, he brought it all on himself.